• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ataman AP16 vs., or Weihrauch HW44

Any of you guys have both of these (from the thread title) guns ?
Caliber doesn't matter that much, as I looking to get knowledge of the basic mechanics of the guns.

I've got the AP16 (short) and like it. I've also got a HW100 bullpup, so I'm aware of the grip.
That said, I'm curious about the HW44. My biggest non-owner, visual, complaint, is the plastic barrel shroud. Kinda low budget, sci-fi movie looking piece. I think that's fixable.

So, how do you owners like each, major differences between the two, etc.

Thanks

Mike

Yeah, sorta thinking of buying the HW44, but...

There IS a coupla places to buy the AP16 new. But yeah, this why I bought a second AP16 when the Ukraine-Russia thing started, just in case. So I guess you can say that I am sorta...supported !

Like I said, not a fan of the overall "look" of the HW44, but mechanically wise, I like the Weihrauch build. I have a pair of HW100 bullpups, and am very happy with the design, the trigger, the magazine, etc.
Maybe removing the factory shroud, and figuring out a straight tube, more normal barrel shroud for it. Plenty of ways to figure out a way to add a muffler.

Mike