Ataman, AP16 suppressor ?

Like the title (sorta) says...any AP16 shooters use the Ataman branded suppressor (or silencer) on their guns ?
Curious how well this one piece (no adapter required) works as compared to a Donny, Tatsu or similar.

1657897031121.png

Thanks

Mike

I originally had a Donny Tatsu on my AP16. It was ok, but I like the Huma M30 better. It's a touch smaller, and a little, but noticeably quieter.
The Tanto seems a large (larger than the Tatsu) fit to the pistol to me.

Thanks Apohlo

Mike

P.s. - I even attached my Fat Boy for the fun of it. While the Fat Boy doesn't seem to work well on any of the rifles that I tried it on, it does do a reasonably good job on the AP16 !! I put it on AP16 #2 for a while, but put a Tatsu on it for the time being.

Reactions: Apohlo
Hmm, thanks for the info Dani. I kinda thought that, since it's even smaller in diameter than the Huma M30 on my #1 AP16, and that's just...ok in sound..
I guess I'll get another Huma M40. A little shorter (two segment) and smaller in diameter than the Tatsu.

BUT...I gotta say, your AP16 got me thinking.
LONG story short, I dug out an old Burris 2-7 x 28, "Scout" scope that I had for a M1, Garand, SoCom 16. Come to find out, the "Scout" and the "handgun" are basically the same scope ! I dug through a bunch of stuff and found enough parts to attach it to my #2, AP16.
It's almost as long as the gun (minus the suppressor), so I set it back as far as practical. The scope center to bore is VERY low. Had to do a little clearancing of the rail adapter so it would fit .

Photo to follow tomorrow.

Mike

Here's my latest experiment.
AP16, Burris Scout scope (2-7 x 32) and Scout, short rings, Tatsu muffler (will change to Huma M40).

I'm really surprised to see how easy it is to hold on target. I've always though that a scoped pistol would be difficult to hold solidly on target shooting freehand, as you all before me know...not so much. Only tried 2x so far though.
Need to take it to a range and do some longer distance shooting with it.

I think I like it.

1659243362948.jpeg

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Apohlo