• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ataman AP16 Review

I can see it now, Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry), telling the bad guy, "wait a minute, I need to get my Automag set up on the bipod" ! 

Shaft, "wait a dang second, I almost got my bipod on this damn gun" !

Mike

Ha, if I am in a position I am relying on this for a bad guy, then something went terribly wrong...

Umm, yea ! Not speaking of airguns for shooting, just needing time to set up crutches for shooting an actual war machine..!!

MIke

I can see it now, Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry), telling the bad guy, "wait a minute, I need to get my Automag set up on the bipod" ! 

Shaft, "wait a dang second, I almost got my bipod on this damn gun" !

Mike

Dirty Harry wasn’t as good as a GIGN agent (elite counter terrorism unit). They used a scoped and bipod mounted revolver.

9D46982F-CD78-4E0B-8115-16186AE3DD4F.1616568513.png

https://youtu.be/P1zEUGck8NE

How’s your Ap16 been treating you? Hopefully it’s still perfect! I been reading everything I can trying to decide between Ap16 and hw44. Did you ever get a chance to shoot further?

I use it mainly as a short range shooter. I'm sticking pretty much with the short barrel and iron sights since that configuration can easily be holstered and carried as a side arm in the field. It's still shooting good!

I enjoyed my Standard 8" Black AP-16 so much I decided to use the Pyramyd Air "Pistol Custom Builder" and build me a 6" version. I have been shooting both for about 6 months using the Hades .22 Cal 15.89 pellets, Holosun 507C Red/Green Dot sight and a Huggett moderator.

They shoot very accurate, the 8" will shoot .75" groups and the 6" will shoot .85" groups at 25 yards. I am sure they will do better as I develop better pistol shooting habits. Shooting these PCP pistols has made me a better shoot with my powder burners too.

I can shoot the Ataman AP-16 any day of the week in my back yard as the Huggett moderator keeps the sound level down. I get about 3 magazines from the 6" tank fill and about 4 magazines from the 8" tank fill.

I would recommend the Ataman AP-16 to anyone that likes to shoot pistols and wants to get better at their skill level.

AtamanAP16PistolsInCase.1617576035.JPG

AtamanAP16Pistol8Black.1617576041.JPG

AtamanAP16Pistol6CB.1617576047.JPG

I finally got some spare time this weekend and modified the Picatinny Rail Adapter and mounted a red laser to it!

IMG_9890.1618165092.jpg

I used electrical tape and mounted it just in front of the trigger guard. This gives me easy access to the switch on the laser and still allows me the ability to swap air tanks, or even barrels without having to remove it.

IMG_9891.1618165193.jpg

It's not perfectly aligned, but pretty darn close. This is aligned with the iron sights at 12 yards.

IMG_9893.1618165246.jpg