• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ataman AP16 Red Dot Question

Hello All:

I'm new here, so please let me know if this is not the correct forum to ask this question. 

I bought an Ataman AP16 last week and a Vortex Venom this week. Unfortunately, the included venom mount is for a weaver-width (far too large/wide). I was researching how to attach the venom to the ap16 and can't find the correct adapter. 

Has anyone had success attaching the vortex venom to the AP16?

Thank you in advance. 

Best,

Dave 

Hello I have used this one with very good results Ulightfire 46mm low profile rail adapter, 20mm to 11mm from Amazon for $17.99. Sorry I can not post the link my computer skill are marginal at best but just go to Amazon and type it in it comes right up. Hope this helps Eric

That is the same Weaver/Picatinny rail width as Dave doesn't like.

Dave - Unless you buy an 11mm (13mm ?) rail sight, this adapter type is what you are stuck with. If your Vortex sight has its factory adapter, it "should" fit the Weaver/Picatinny rail adapters.

Here's my AP16 with a Holosun, on a short adapter rail similar (different brand) to the one that Eric is using.

Ataman, AP16.1617571546.JPG

Mike

Eric & Mike:

I searched the rail-adapter you referenced, found it on Amazon, and purchased it immediately. Thank you very much.

Separately, this pistol is a ton of fun so far. Any tips or recommendations on general maintenance (any other suggestions too)? 

Also, what do you guys keep your hammer spring (velocity) set at? For now, I’m using it for target practice, so no need for lethal velocities. 

Thank you again for the help. 

Dave 

I enjoyed my Standard 8" Black AP-16 so much I decided to use the Pyramyd Air "Pistol Custom Builder" and build me a 6" version. I have been shooting both for about 6 months using the Hades .22 Cal 15.89 pellets, Holosun 507C Red/Green Dot sight and a Huggett moderator.

They shoot very accurate, the 8" will shoot .75" groups and the 6" will shoot .85" groups at 25 yards. I am sure they will do better as I develop better pistol shooting habits. Shooting these PCP pistols has made me a better shoot with my powder burners too.

I can shoot the Ataman AP-16 any day of the week in my back yard as the Huggett moderator keeps the sound level down. I get about 3 magazines from the 6" tank fill and about 4 magazines from the 8" tank fill.

I would recommend the Ataman AP-16 to anyone that likes to shoot pistols and wants to get better at their skill level.

AtamanAP16PistolsInCase.1617576611.JPG

AtamanAP16Pistol8Black.1617576617.JPG

AtamanAP16Pistol6CB.1617576623.JPG

Hello Dave,

I used a dovetail to picatinny adapter. I never buy anything from Amazon, they are too expensive for me.

I find 100% of the time, anything I am looking to purchase, I find it for less anywhere other than Amazon.

You can get two (2) of the UTG dovetail to picatinny adapters, for less than $10 at either Pyramid Air or Airgun Depot.

They are about $15 for two (2) on Amazon. I used one for the Holosun sight and one for the bubble level.

UTGDovetailAdapter.1617610704.jpg