Ataman ap16 fill probe size

Is there anyone here who has made their own fill probe? Or had one made? Just curious. It's funny that when Ataman was no longer shipping to the states that I actually thought about copying mine on the lathe. Just in
Rob -

Have you tried this one -

It "looks" right. Seems to be in stock. Might be worth the $15 to give it a try.
If it's too large, it's an easy modification to make it smaller. Any machine shop a lathe and about 5 minutes of work.

Mike
I saw that same piece already on that same website but I wasn’t sure to trust it because of the payment methods and all the reviews about it being a scam. Is that a trust worthy site mike. And again thanks for all your help

Last edited:
Is there anyone here who has made their own fill probe? Or had one made? Just curious. It's funny that when Ataman was no longer shipping to the states that I actually thought about copying mine on the lathe. Just in case.
Well...get out there and do some work !
I know of one guy that needs an Ataman fill probe

Mike

Reactions: Robrobierob3
I'm on it MIke. If I'm unable to get the dimensions for the o-rings while their still in place what are the odds I'll ruin my o-rings if I try to take them off for sizing?
Cool...

Yeah, pretty high, unless you are really careful, and go slow. But, even then.
If you have something that's a hook form on the end, round, and pointed, that's a good start.
You'll need the "hook shape and point" to get under the o-ring, and then give it a little twist, to grab the o-ring, and slowly pull it up and out of the groove.

1679408732084.png

Mike

I have the opposite problem. I bought an early Ataman rifle,so early it was a bolt action. About 5 years ago I misplaced the rifle, don‘t know if I left it at the range or it was stolen from my home or car or what happened. I do however have my spare fill probe for it. It measures about .25 inches in diameter. Here is a pic, with the bag it came in ,if you have the part # it may help. If you think it may work for you PM me and I’ll send it to you, unless of course you’re tired of looking and just want to send me the AP-16. 😂
492F62EA-B134-4CD6-9E1E-398D7408DAA1.jpeg