Ataman AP16 Compact - wow!

I just don't understand the listing and prices for barrels changes. 

Pyramyd lists:

- Standard barrel (just the inner) for $149

- Standard barrel (showing picture of barrel and shroud) for $149

- Standard barrel shroud for $139

So, is the middle one above actually the barrel and shroud for the standard together for $149 - it's not very clear.

...no it isn't but when I asked PA told me the barrel and shroud assembly was indeed $149...

...but you could still buy just the barrel for $149 if you wanted, or just the shroud for $139...the choice is yours...!!!...

...is it worth $250 to have a standard AP16 configuration in addition to the compact AP16....???...

...that is the question...also not very clear...LoL...

...well, it looks like I am back out...

...the gun is showing the same defect that got it sent back, degassing when you try to remove or install an air cylinder...

...it was the first thing I tried...

...it is like they just charged it up and put it up for sale w/o fixing anything...the fill port was still off set...

What's degassing, the gun or the cylinder? The gun will always degass when you remove the cylinder. 

Why don't you try this - screw the cylinder in, cock the gun, fill the air tube and shoot.

...then why would I have extra cylinders of air for...?!?...to degases in the field...?!?...

...no other gun I have does that...that is how I fill the CZ 200's...

...if I try to install a cylinder with air in it the gun deagsses to 0 psi...

...the first time I removed the cylinder a tiny puff came out with no loss of pressure...

...when I tried to put a full one back the gun degassed and now it is like that...even after "refurbishment"...

...are yours like that...?!?...

Hapo - that's what I am trying to figure out. So to answer your question - no the gun does not degass to 0 psi when I install the cylinder. It drops about 40-50 psi as the plenum fills up.

I'm having trouble understanding this statement "…the first time I removed the cylinder a tiny puff came out with no loss of pressure…". Are you saying that the air cylinder degasses completely when you remove it from the pistol? If I remove a cylinder, the plenum in the pistol empties but the cylinder remains filled. 

Maybe I'm being dense, but I'm just not following completey. This is what I am understanding:

• with the air cylinder attached to the pistol you can fill it with air and shoot it. 
  • If you remove the air cylinder all the air comes out of the cylinder and it drops to 0 psi.
  • Then you take a spare full air cylinder and install it and the gun degasses again down to zero.

So where is it degassing? Is it leaking out a seal? Is it just blowing out the front of the barrel?

...I thought long and hard and probably should have got the HW44 for a number of reasons, but didn't...it just looks too bulky...every bit the sawed off rifle...

...I did buy the standard AP16 mostly because two standard air cylinders will hold more air than two compact cylinders, eh, but also because I want all the power I can get...

...if this one does not work I will look less closely at the HW44...

...I already feel a bit foolish for not selecting it over the AP16...
agd-41277869_4772-550x550w.jpg

agd-44218583_4859-550x550w.jpg

https://youtu.be/QzwjNd4yGvw

Have you tried cocking the gun before you screw the cylinder on? Since you have yours running wide open, and it's fairly new, the hammer spring could be holding the valve open and not letting the exhaust valve seal. Fairly common on regulated guns in my experience. 

With the cylinder off, fill it. If it holds air, it's in the gun. 

...I do not know if the gun was cocked when changing cylinders...probably not...

...the first time I removed one it came off fine...

...the gun seemed to be in the same condition when it was sold as refurbished...

...indeed I strongly suspect "refurbished" meant that some one cocked it, charged it, and called it good...

...maybe that is why...I wish I had know to try that before I sent it back...LoL...but thank you for that information...

....that is the weird sport of thing I will not forget...

...I do not know if the gun was cocked when changing cylinders...probably not...

...the first time I removed one it came off fine...

...the gun seemed to be in the same condition when it was sold as refurbished...

...indeed I strongly suspect "refurbished" meant that some one cocked it, charged it, and called it good...

...maybe that is why...I wish I had know to try that before I sent it back...LoL...but thank you for that information...

....that is the weird sport of thing I will not forget...

Hapo - I TOLD YOU TO COCK THE GUN WHEN CHANGING THE CYLINDER. YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY HIT THE POINT OF DRIVING ME F'ING NUTS WITH YOUR BACK AND FORTH. BUY A HW44 AND HAVE FUN.

...fuk I missed that...

...how do you think I feel...LoL...I could have been pat...I sent back the compact air tank too...

...there are a few silver AP16 Compacts in stock @ PA right now...😜

...I won't buy one of those but I will probably buy a black or titanium standard one if they actually show up @ PA in two days...

...this whole thing has been a pisser...but everything happens for a reason...

...I really hated that "tan' color...really wanted a standard all along...

...I won't have any extra cylinders now...they are all sold out...LoLoL...  .!. :D .!.

...now I have to decide if I want black or titanium if I can have what I want...

...Hapo better pull trigger before they sell out...LoLoL...

...I want the $850 refurbished one back to try cocking it...(D'OH!)...and the like new refurbished $85 air cylinder I had in hand...(D'OH!)...

...I would ask what Yo would do, but he would buy six of each color, three standards and three compacts, just to check them out, methinks...

...you know...to see if he wanted to place a big order...

...I can see the point if you have the $$$...just looking at PA's AP16 page I have noted that the location of the fill hole in relation to the circumference of the air tank seems pretty random...

...and if you buy 24 you are shure to get a really nice one...LoL... .!. :D .!.

PY-4127_Ataman-AP16-Regulated-Standard_1526414893.jpg
PY-4127_Ataman-AP16-Regulated-Standard_1526496174.jpg
PY-4947_Ataman-AP16-Standard-Air_1567623506.jpg
PY-4947_Ataman-AP16-Standard-Air_1567623485.jpg

...which color would be better for hunting...???...black is not all that great...the titanium is a bit shiny...

EDIT: ...well it looks like I am back in...sorry ctshooter...

...I went with the grey one...I just liked it better than the black one...I hope the squirrels do as well...

...I sprung for PA's $10 "10 for 10" service so they will test and inspect the gun before they ship it...seems to add a day to shipping...

...well......wow...😵