Ataman AP16 Compact - wow!

JSB 13.43 .177, 7 shots, 13 yards, one boring hole.

1595521357_5323409105f19b94d9bb048.38526575.jpeg

100yards offhand with an airgun pistol - that's pushing it a bit, no?

In perfect conditions I know this pistol could do better, but in my breezey back yard with circling winds I might be able to pull off a 1" group of 5 shots at 40 yards if I had a little bit of luck on my side. It's only pushing mid weight pellets around 600 fps so it's a lobby shot that takes a while to get to the target and is easily impacted by just the slightest breeze. 

I can get much better groups with my Veles which send the H&N 21gr at ~630fps. Even though it's about the same speed the heavier pellet stays on track better. 

If I get some time to shoot a few groups I'll post up a pic.

...the squirrels may not agree...

...I was thinking of a somewhat bigger can for it but decided to stay with the Tanto for the same reasons I bought it in the first place, mostly size...

...I might have bought the "FX" if I was buying today...maybe not, as I was looking at the weight too...

...I am no longer sure what the "best" mod is for an AP16 Compact but Donny Du said you can still use the sights over a Sumo...

...if I want to try a giant can I do have a Shogun now, but I still think the Tanto would spend the most time on the gun, just like most people who have both seem to use the compact configuration more than the standard...

...I will be likely to try the standard barrel when the standard tanks become available in maybe November...

...maybe I should check the classifieds... (nudge) (wink)

I just don't understand the listing and prices for barrels changes. 

Pyramyd lists:

- Standard barrel (just the inner) for $149

- Standard barrel (showing picture of barrel and shroud) for $149

- Standard barrel shroud for $139

So, is the middle one above actually the barrel and shroud for the standard together for $149 - it's not very clear.