Ataman AP16 Compact - wow!

Hello BadImpact,

I understand, it was tough to pull the trigger on a $1000 Air Pistol. I have about 10 powder burner handguns and only one of them cost me more than a $1000.

Here is how I justified paying that much for an air pistol.

I already had all the support products like, compressor, air tanks and .22 Cal ammo.

The cost to shoot the .22 Cal PCP Pistol was less than .05 cents a shoot, you can't shoot a 22LR for even half that.

I can shoot the air pistol in my backyard any time I choose, can’t shoot any of my powder burners in the back yard. I have to pack them in the truck and go to the range or way out of town.

So, the bottom line for me was, I can shoot my air pistols every day and that has help me become a better handgun shooter. Now when I do get out with my powder burners, I have seen a big difference in my accuracy.

There are pros and cons to everything, you have to decide what works best for you!

PS: I see you are a FX Impact guy, I have the Impact .30 Cal and the .22 Cal Matt Dubber Slug Edition. I love them both and really enjoy how accurate they are out to 200 yards. I also have the FX Crowns in .22 Cal and .30 Cal. I also have the FX Mavericks in .22 Cal and .30 Cal. I Love all the FX guns, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for!

Hello BadImpact,

I have no desire to shoot slugs from my air pistols, I shoot several from my rifles, but my pistols are for close encounters with pest.

The JSB .22 Cal Hades 15.89 gr. work the best (accuracy & knock down power) out of both my 6” and 8” barrels. I did try the JSB Jumbo Heavy’s 18.13 gr. and the H&N Barracuda Hunter 18.21 gr., they shoot OK, but not as accurate as the Hades 15.89 gr.

My Ap16 is here! It is definitely accurate and loud too! Weather was nice but cold snowing and windy since I got the Ap16! I tried DonnyFL Sumo and definitely took the crack away! But I’m still gonna get a small custom carbon fiber ldc for it around 1”x5”-6.5”. Up close in the house hard off a good rest it just stacks them in a ragged hole! Wow super light trigger also! Hopefully next week chrono and longer distances!

My weather has been terrible since my Ap16 showed up! Something in life always comes up when you get a new gun and can’t go shooting! I got to shoot a little bit and damn! This thing is incredibly accurate!!! With a cheap red dot I can shoot under 1” at 50 yards every time if I do my part lol this thing shoots as good as my fx impact 🎯 just for the heck of it I shot a few 17gr nsa slugs at 50yd just to see they have potential!
5CFBA91D-2CFE-4C2B-9F03-090C025D7F70.1618786635.jpeg

I always fill to 300 bar and leave it stored that way. All tho the picture looks complicated.........it's pretty easy to see how it comes apart when it's in your hands. I'm pretty much mechanical inclined and self taught. A little squirt of airgun oil showed me the leak was at the frame /reg connection.....but the actual leak was an 0-ring in the regulator that was following the screws to the frame. Screw the air cylinder off and then the regulator has 4 allen screws that hold it all together in a stack on the frame.
ataman-ap16-schematics.1622181833.png

Haha, the Notos is no way near the AP16, i agree with newer semi autos/self indexing pistols. but the Notos? 🤣🤣🤣
😂yeah I was stretching it with the Notos but the Tequila Gun is very similar to the AP16 and probably more durable. I’ve been communicating with the maker of that gun who by the way lives in Texas and he says he designed the gun after the AP16.