• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ataman Ataman .357 m2r any good?

I just bought one, it is "in the mail". I made my decision by reading the reviews and watching the you tube videos. It is very accurate and has a wonderful reputation. The workmanship is very good. Some issues are $110 mags., the charge lever next to your nose, and a stock without a mount for a bipod. I should have it in a couple of days (or right now, there is a big box at my door!) and I'll re-post with pix here so we can see what it's like up close and personal...😅

Not sure if you’re looking at the carbine or bullpup. It’s a real nice gun, including the stock, excellent craftsmanship and materials. It’s loud, Ronin solved that problem. Mounted a sling stud and a pic adapter for bipod. I’ve got a few hundred pellets through mine without a hiccup. I’ve owned and shot a lot of different guns and the Atamans are right up there with some of the best in my opinion.

1596596421_3725962825f2a20c5cb9c01.22948166.jpeg
1596596422_3397210485f2a20c678e7e1.83018289.jpeg
1596596422_7885940005f2a20c6b711a5.85322283.jpeg

I have the bullpup in 357. It is a great gun. It is loud so plan on getting a DonnyFL for it. The only weak point with these guns is the magazines. They will not fit the Predators and they will not hold any of the slugs very well, if at all. And it just so happens mine loves the Predators and doesnt like the JSB very much. So I am stuck single loading them. But it will stack Predator on top of Predator at 50 yards.

I just bought one, it is "in the mail". I made my decision by reading the reviews and watching the you tube videos. It is very accurate and has a wonderful reputation. The workmanship is very good. Some issues are $110 mags., the charge lever next to your nose, and a stock without a mount for a bipod. I should have it in a couple of days (or right now, there is a big box at my door!) and I'll re-post with pix here so we can see what it's like up close and personal...😅

Well, I was correct! That was my Ataman at the door!!

1596646675_9819264275f2ae513ace9f7.74547355.JPG

1596646694_8619010405f2ae5262023b2.42555239.JPG

Here it is with a Donny Emperor on the front. It is a heavy gun indeed, but very beautiful and excellently made! I will put a bipod on the front attached to the air tube with a Saber Tactical Universal Tube Clamp, 34mm. The bolt pellet driver is is thin, but very hard. Trigger is excellent, but not 2 stage. I have to wait for the tank to arrive before I can shoot it. Yes, it is Cal. 357,,, I am pleased, even though I waited 2 1/2 months for it from PA. The scope is a Hawke Sport Optics 6-24x50 AO Airmax 30 SF  and fits well with the rifle.The Mag doesn't accept slugs, so they will have to be hand loaded. The cocking lever is as smooth as they say and yes, it will take some getting used to reaching under my chin.

All in all, I am well pleased with the rifle and PA!

Well, I was correct! That was my Ataman at the door!!

View attachment 105532

View attachment 105538

Here it is with a Donny Emperor on the front. It is a heavy gun indeed, but very beautiful and excellently made! I will put a bipod on the front attached to the air tube with a Saber Tactical Universal Tube Clamp, 34mm. The bolt pellet driver is is thin, but very hard. Trigger is excellent, but not 2 stage. I have to wait for the tank to arrive before I can shoot it. Yes, it is Cal. 357,,, I am pleased, even though I waited 2 1/2 months for it from PA. The scope is a Hawke Sport Optics 6-24x50 AO Airmax 30 SF and fits well with the rifle.The Mag doesn't accept slugs, so they will have to be hand loaded. The cocking lever is as smooth as they say and yes, it will take some getting used to reaching under my chin.

All in all, I am well pleased with the rifle and PA!
Any updates after using this gun? air leaks, etc ?