• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

At44-10 qe short accuracy issues

Wondering if anyone has had the same problems I have with accuracy with at44-10 qe short in 22. Found best grouping pellet, jsb 15.89. New to hatsan guns but not airgunning, I find best fill and pellet then all goes well. Tried to tune up and tune down with no success. It groups the best at factory settings. Not getting the half of an inch at44 50yds. I'm getting slightly bigger at 30yds. My e.s. with 30 shots is 70fpe. I know a regulator would help some but is there other options in the meantime? It was cleaned very well, no bore brush or rods, no harsh solvents. Did deburr mags it smoothed out action. Need help please

I half inch group at 50yds is a lot to ask of any gun, especially when you first get it, are finding what it likes and tuning it. You were smart to clean the gun before shooting it, our AT-44 was absolutely filthy when we got it. I would suggest sticking with the 15,89 JSB's, they are what shot best in our gun as well. Couldn't hurt to try others as well though... H&N FTT, Barracuda's, and of course other weights of the JSB's. Keep having fun shooting, let the gun's barrel get seasoned a bit and then worry about half inch groups at 50yds! Have fun. Stoti

The AT44-10 QE I have is the Long but in .22 also. Have had it 3 or 4 years and the current pellet it's working well with is H&N Baracuda Match at 21.14g. It will consistantly ding a 1 sq ft steel plate at 100 yds. and has a 4 inch pattern at 75 but for rabbits and prairie dogs 35 to 45 yards or so gives predictable results. This forum has been invaluable in getting as many accurate shots on a fill as possible.

Buck n Willcox

Tried lighter jsb and heavier ones too, 15.89 seem to be the best so far. Hammer adjustment up and down doesn't help. Factory adj is the best so far. Fired off 10 to get in sweet spot. Found e.s. at 19fps which is ok to good. Avg fps 938. Any lower get shotgun Patten, jsb 18.13 slightly better then cphp 14.3. Second 10 shot group @ 160 to 155 bar had e.s. 15fps. Poi and pos didn't change thought this testing. Thought 300 shots would settle rifle in. Tried with and without qe shroud. Just a little more information.