At what distance do you typically shoot your airgun?

At what distance do you typically shoot your airgun?

• Total voters
At home I shoot 50 yards bench (actually set it up for 50 meters ...practice hard, compete easy :D - yeah, it was a brain fart on yards vs meters)

On the hunt, most of my shots are 30-ish yards but I am comfortable with and take shots without hesitation to 80 yard. 100-150 if the conditions and the backstop permits.

My rifles typically from 20-50. I am a terrible shot with a pistol so they are typically shot at 10, or less :ROFLMAO: maybe if I shoot them enough I can stretch that out.
A lot of it is hold and trigger control. Tune can help, so can adjusting the physical balance of the gun. My pistol shooting has improved vastly in the past 3-4yrs

As for distance, I'd say on average I most often fall somewhere around 30 yards. Pistols or rifles, doesn't matter.

Reactions: Scotay42
My 75 yard target gets a workout. Pellets and slugs. I think it’s because at that yardage you’re right on the precipice of looking like a fool if you or your gun is having a bad day. My second favorite yardage is 135. That’s for when I want to judge my gun. When I want to push it, I move to 285 yards. If I could only shoot one distance, it would be 50 yards. It’s a fun distance.

Reactions: 17dean