• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

At what distance do you typically shoot your airgun?

At what distance do you typically shoot your airgun?

• Total voters
When I first contacted Alkin & bought a few W31’s way before Pyramid Air even carried them, I lived where I could shoot 400 yards easily. I can still go there to shoot.
What was nice was that back stop gave a splash. This is
up 100 yards but I was up above it in a field at 300-450.

The 257 Scandalous sent 72g at 1070fps It had no problem keeping a sub 3” at 300.

This was my first attempt at shooting a AG at long range.
316 yrds with a .25 Edgun Supermagnum that wasn’t even cranked up. This was a 35 grain Rat Sniper at 940fps. The target was a stone slab 11”x14” that I stationed up on the mountain for filming.
AG Brother, Braxton was filming through his Leica. I actually forgot his handle here.

08C0049D-F840-4594-9630-396D485FFDC3.jpeg

I now pretty much keep most pellet shooting to 50 or less. It is what it is. A .177 at 65 is pretty much just as hard as a bigger projectile at 2-300yrds. The further target is just more of a thrill to know you hit it.

107898F1-66CC-4257-8B24-E286EA09B5E4.jpeg

Last edited:
It depends on what I'm doing and what's going on around me. This time of year, I'm mostly limited to the basement, shooting the the 1701P at about 20 feet. In the warmer months, I can sit in the garden and reach out to just shy of 55 yards. I've outfitted my .177 Marauder with an aperture sight, so it is limited to how far out I can see my target (squirrel head at about 25-30 yards and getting closer by the year). My .177 DreamTac has never been pushed to its limits, though it has pushed the limits of my back yard.
However, I've recently had new neighbors move into lots on both sides of mine. We've had the usual conversations and I don't sense any concern from them. Yet I have opted to limit how far out I shoot to 20 yards, as I have a convenient and safe backstop at that range. Thankfully, I work from home often and the new neighbors are gone during business hours. I am comfortable having my 50 yard fun during those opportunities.
When I get out to the property upstate, I'm hunting small game and limit myself to what I believe are sure shots. I think the longest of those may have been 60 yards on a squirrel with the DreamTac. That's as far as I can go in my head with .177 caliber and hunting. I'd feel better about shots beyond that with a .22 or a .25.