• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

At what distance do you typically shoot your airgun?

At what distance do you typically shoot your airgun?

• Total voters
Holy crap thats a long ways.
What setup do you use for that? Im guess 30 cal slugs?
I have two Impacts set up for ELR. A MK2 and an M3, both are 700mm. Originally they were both in .22 and most of my shooting has been done with 28-29grn slugs.
A huge part of my setup is using adjustable scope bases with the Absolute MOA Digital Readout System so that I can dial to nearly any range with absolute precision just as easy as most can shoot at 50 yards.
I have several threads in the ELR section here on AGN showing what my MK2 is capable of, including sub MOA groups at over 400 yards and some 615 yard soda can kills.
I've recently converted my M3 to a .25 and have been experimenting with some prototype high BC slugs to make the job a little easier. This morning I was able to connect with the steel swinging targets at our local range at 300, 400, 500, 550, and 590 yards with relative ease compared to the more traditional .22 slugs I've been using.
20230903_125918.jpg

There a few reasons I prefer slugs exclusively in one pcp. My .177 Bullshark loves 10.03 JSB Knockouts. It shoots them as well if not better than any pellet I've tried no matter the range. This is the most effective pesting combination I've ever owned. I buy the Knockouts from Trenier Outdoors and they are the same price as some quality pellets I shoot in other guns.

Plinking off-hand is my main interest and I shoot 1" spinners setup from 5 to 45 yards on my 55 yard lane.

My pesting and hunting is similar to my plinking ranges. Most shots are sub 50 yards but frequently out to 75.

I've recently cut a 128 yard lane for longer range bench shooting that I'm just getting into.

For me it's not distance that's important. Rather than going extreme range, I'm specifically interested in how far I can consistently hit a 1" target. Considering current technology (I prefer. 22 caliber 30ish FPE PCPs) I figure that's around 125 yards.

Plinking off-hand is my main interest and I shoot 1" spinners setup from 5 to 45 yards on my 55 yard lane.

My pesting and hunting is similar to my plinking ranges. Most shots are sub 50 yards but frequently out to 75.

I've recently cut a 128 yard lane for longer range bench shooting that I'm just getting into.

For me it's not distance that's important. Rather than going extreme range, I'm specifically interested in how far I can consistently hit a 1" target. Considering current technology (I prefer. 22 caliber 30ish FPE PCPs) I figure that's around 125 yards.
If you can keep 1 inch groups at 125 yds that is very impressive. Id be happy to hit pop cans or bottles at that range

For 40 yards and more you are talking Pre Charged Pneumatic (PCP) rifles in .22 caliber or greater.
Thanks for the reply, I sort of guessed that was the case, my adult son is deep into PCP but still enjoys his break barrel rifles, I shoot 40~50 yds. with good results with two of my Weirauch rifles in .20 and .22 caliber, a HW-95 and HW-80K, I also have a Budget priced Crosman Vantage NP in 177 cal. that shoot extremely well at 50 yds.
I don't dislike PCP's, I just enjoy the simplicity and challenge of my break barrel rifles and haven't needed the added power or long range accuracy of a PCP rifle.

Reactions: maxtrouble