• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Assistance With Rifle Sling Assembly

This is a little embarrassing, but the instructions have me lost. I have an affinity for rifle slings, but I haven’t had to put this type together before. If anyone with a good eye or experience can help me out here I’d appreciate it. This is the sling and a diagram on how it should look after assembly is on this page as well. It is a single leather strap. https://www.huntercompany.com/products/quick-fire-sling-1-with-swivels-230-series

Here’s a video on how it operates. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llRiwE6me48

I’m trying to find one on how to string this thing up properly. I spent over an hour trying to figure this out using the directions that came with it and I don’t think I got it right. 

It's a M1903 sling without the claws and the holes. made to adjust so that you can sling up inside the front half of the sling for prone of ofhand.

The video does nothing to tell one how to use it.

Watch youtube videos on how to use the M1903 sling and most of that will translate to this moder version.

@Harv24 Without the frogs and holes kinda makes it a different sling IMO. My sling is a long leather strap with a couple of leather loops and a buckle type of metal brass piece with a roller on it and a couple of leather loops to weave the the strap through (im lost on the steps necessary to weave the end through the looks and buckle and where to places the sling mounts. 

As far as I can see, the video shows how to use the sling in terms of adjusting it. How one chooses to use a sling as a shooting aid can vary upon technique. Regardless of the technique one uses (hasty sling or others that I don’t know the names of), as I understand it, it’s necessary to know how to adjust the sling for adequate slack to get the right amount of tension. The video illustrates that clearly to me. In order to adjust it in the manner that the man in the video does, I need to know how to assemble it properly. I’ve seen videos of two-piece military slings and slings with frogs and holes. I don’t see how they are comparable. I could be overlooking something, but I don’t see it. 

I'll try to explain this Ezana - proper sling use was developed in 1903, as Telly suggests. The sling's mounted on the butt stock and forstock. You put your arm through the loop above the sling and below the rifle. You twist your forearm around the sling one time as you grasp the forestock. If your sling was flat when you started you'll have one edge digging into your forearm. Put a half twist in the sling at the front mount and it'll be smooth and snug on your forearm. CW or CCW depending on weather you're right handed or a lefty.

@Attaglance Thanks for the response. I am not lost on using the sling for support to shoot. I’m lost on how to properly put it together so that it can be adjusted to use as a support to shoot. By “put it together” I mean I don’t know how to thread the leather strap in order to turn it into an adjustable rifle sling. It’s currently just a long strip of leather with a couple of loops on it - one threaded through and another sewn into one of the ends. The directions that came with it are terrible in this respect.