• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

ASC July 2022 FT Match Results

We had 13 competitors brave the heat at the ASC Field Target course today! I decided to start one hour earlier than normal to try and beat the heat, so it was 78F when we started and 89F when we finished at 11:15am. I removed the standing and kneeling lanes to shorten the match just a little too. Glad to be off the field before it hit 100F today. Shooters came from as far as San Antonio and Houston to shoot this match today. I set out a 54-shot match using 9 of our lanes. Scott Cotton painted the targets and checked them for proper operation, and I setup the course on Friday afternoon. Thanks for all the help, Scott, and to everyone who helps me setup, run, and takedown the course each month. Kudos!!

The average Troyer this month was 29.5, SD 6.18, Avg Dist 33.9 yds, and Avg KZ 1.21”.

We started at 8:10am after a very brief safety meeting. Everyone spread out on the course “shotgun” style and started shooting. We had a few cold lines for a string that got caught on one old Kermit Airgun Club target when resetting it, and another cold line when someone shot the leader off a target. I was paired with Paul Walker, back from a long hiatus, and we had a great time shooting together and ended up tying!!! Hunter PCP was once again the most numerous and contested class for the day with 8 shooters. 1st place was Faisal Khan with an outstanding 50/54 shooting his FX Dreamline, with a minute lead over 2nd place Bill Burkett who shot 49/54 with his Daystate Redwolf. Kevin Murphy finished in 3rd place with 49/54 also shooting a Daystate Redwolf, his highest placing since starting to shoot with us last fall. Great job guys!

In Hunter Piston, Scott Cotton once again came out on top with a 31/54, shooting a classic HW97K over Chris Simmons his arch nemesis with a 28/54 while shooting his TX200. This rivalry is heating up between these two long-time ASC members and competitors.

In WFTF PCP, David Alsup finished 1st with 48/54 using his Thomas, I finished 2nd with 46/54 using my RAW TM1000, and Eric Pianori finished 3rd with a 43/54 shooting his very customized (by himself) Tau Brno. David said this was his last warm-up competition before he leaves for the WFTF World Championships in Italy. We all wish you the best of luck David!

You can see all of the other scores and the equipment used in the table below and some pics of the match below that.

We will have our next match on the 4th Saturday (August 27) starting at 8:00am to beat the heat once again.

Please mark your calendars for September 24 & 25, because ASC is hosting the Texas Airgun Show on Saturday and a special FT match on Sunday.

See you at the next match,
Jeff Cloud
Field Target Match Director
Arlington Sportsman’s Club

2022-07-23 16.48.45.png

20220723_095955.jpg

20220723_100025.jpg

20220723_100128.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_8374.jpeg

IMG_8376.jpeg

IMG_8378.jpeg

It was a great time as always Jeff, thanks for setting the course for us and all the hard work that entails!

I did notice the lack of "Chiggers" this month. I suppose even they need a little water to survive?

Would it be gratuitos to mention that Daystate Red Wolf's took 3 of the top four spots in Hunter Class?

Thanks again,

Art "Podna" Womack

FF84ECBB-1706-43E8-A088-6276FA998B7A.jpeg

Last edited: