• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events ASC FT Match October 28th

ASC will have our next FT match on Saturday October 28th, 2023 (the 4th Saturday of the month) starting at 9:00am, shooters meeting at 8:45.

This will be a medium-hard 60 shot match (32 Troyer).

Jeff won't be here for this one, so I am planning on shooting WFTF to keep the numbers up. So if you want to try WFTF but are afraid to come in last, this is your best chance.

After the rifle match, I'm planning to have a 42 shot Pistol match. Let me know here if you want to stick around for the pistol match. I feel like we need at least 4 shooters besides myself to make it worth the effort. There will not be an additional charge for the pistol match.

Gates will open at 7:30 for sight in and sign up.
Safety meeting at 8:45. Rifle match to start at 9:00am. Pistol match to start after, probably around 12:30 -1. Maybe bring a snack if you plan on staying for the pistol match.
All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes.
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own.
Unlimited class with rangefinders or big scopes with sticks is fine.

ASC Members $5, non-Members $10

Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road 525, Mansfield, TX 76063 (Also called Lillian Road)

I'll get the results up soon, but we had 8 shooters and 5 stayed to shoot pistols (against my better judgement). It was more like fly fishing than field target shooting due to the river that was flowing through the course, but we had some good Type 2 fun.
Type 2 fun is when you look back on something that was miserable at the time and remember it as being fun. It's directly related to FOMO - fear of missing out.
The pistol match was Type 5 fun, which I just invented to mean something that is not fun at all and you hate it but you pretend to be having fun so your buddies don't realize what a whiny baby you are.

If you would have stayed 5 minutes longer, you could have listened to Jim Byrd's boat story. I laughed so hard, I think I may have peed a little. Hard to tell with pants that were already wet.
In case you haven't heard the story before, don't let him tell it during a match, it's a real saga. It may have taken place in Waco, but it was 100% Oklahoma.

• Haha
Reactions: AirNGasman
If you would have stayed 5 minutes longer, you could have listened to Jim Byrd's boat story. I laughed so hard, I think I may have peed a little. Hard to tell with pants that were already wet.
In case you haven't heard the story before, don't let him tell it during a match, it's a real saga. It may have taken place in Waco, but it was 100% Oklahoma.
When your picture is on the front page of the local news paper you hope its not your mug shot. Luckily for all involved it had a happy ending.

WTH