Artemis/Snowpeak PP-750 owners.,---what kind of moderators you running?

Hello everyone,

I recently bought my first PCP, in the form of an /Artemis/Snowpeak PP-750 (from Krale) I am curious as to what make of Moderator sits at the front of your PP=750, if any? And if I'm being totally honest, aesthetics, as much as I hate to admit it, will no doubt be a factor in my ultimate decision. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

I run a felt wrapped curler mod. At the low power it was set to it's pretty quiet stock. I think just about any mod would make it whisper quiet. You can get a high flow transfer port and dial it up. Then it might take a better mod for whisper quiet. As mine is for practice I like the high shot count. It still takes more game than I ever dreamed. It dispatched a sick coon in town last night. I fart louder than this pistol, so no one was the wiser.

IMG_20211219_213350.1639975835.jpg

thanks Hawkeye check it out. Wes got me this nice piece in 22 caliber. Then I got to work fitting a hair curler and felt LDC. you can tell that machine work is like falling down the rabbit's hole. To make an adapter I had to make a longer handle for my lathe dog, an o-ring mandrel, and some spacers to press the part onto a mandrel. I am waiting on a set of baffles for the shroud, but this little project turned out well enough I may just cut the shroud down about 3 in to shorten up the overall length of the pistol and skip the baffles.
IMG_20211219_201931.1639975836.jpg

This peeks into my moderator. Much like the well loved Wierauch cans, but made to be integral. If removed, there is no back to the moderator. I got my pistol from airgunarcheryfun.ca. As such it had no baffles. You can purchase them from the same site, but they ship from california for legal reasons. They also have screw in adaptors for adding 1/2" 20tpi threaded moderators.

Do you have stock baffles and still find it to be loud?

I’m going to assume that mine is stock . I read that those who bought them from Canada received their 750’s sans the baffles, due to Canadian law, as mentioned above. But since I bought mine from Krale (which on a side note managed to get it to my door faster than it would from most States), I’m thinking I working with what left the assembly line in China.

With that said, I find the PP-750 to be pretty quiet overall. I do plan on modding it to gain a bit more power, which Is where I suspect some extra noise will be generated, but where I live, there’s not even an opportunity to go through the NFA and procure a suppressor. It’s this, forbidden fruit aspect that piques my desire to acquire the quietest, projectile hurdling apparatus I can own (so to speak).

I do really. appreciate the dialog tho.

Hello everyone,

I recently bought my first PCP, in the form of an /Artemis/Snowpeak PP-750 (from Krale) I am curious as to what make of Moderator sits at the front of your PP=750, if any? And if I'm being totally honest, aesthetics, as much as I hate to admit it, will no doubt be a factor in my ultimate decision. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
I have it in 22 cal. my moderator is a Huggett-BELITA 25 cal. I also had Wes send me the stock baffles from Cal. for around $16. I did a test with them, loud and point of impact was way off and would not group at 32 yds. So I took them out and stuck with the Belita 25 cal. My gun averages in the middle 700's here's what it looks like. Forgot to add that I have the gauge block added so I needed to add a 3/16 thick nylon washer behind the moderator so it would fit.
1028220917.jpg

Nice looking pistol Mike. At this rate you all are going to shame me into putting pretty grips or something on mine to doll it up. I mean I have to do something with the money I saved on my $20 moderator, right?
Thanks.
That's the factory grip.
I did put a couple of pieces of grip tape (black) on the right side and back though. One, because the grip is hard plastic, and any hint of any sort of sweat, (100°+ summers) makes the grip a little slippery. And two, even though the tape is only about .04" or .05" thick, it helps fill out the width of the grip a little.

Mike

I bought my 750 from wes with an adapter. I tried the baffles with poor results so I have a printed mod from a guy that doesnt make them anymore. I think a guy named froggy still sells nice inexpensive mods. I also have used a dfl sumo because that's what I had. Worked and looked good. The plenum/gauge block is worthwhile if you can get one.

Kayaker,

Damn, your 750 looks kick-@$$! Because I know myself so well, I have set specific parameters that any mods I perform on this air gun will have to be done so with its existing hardware ( not counting the moderator of course) But admittedly, I am trying my best not to entertain the idea of turning mine into a vermin-killing machine, and the voices in my head are urging me to “do it” lol. But even the voices cannot get around the fact that we don’t have squirrels (or raccoons, or prairie dogs, or yotes, or skunks or iguanas) in Hawai’i.

But again, that’s a very nice looking piece your have there. Thanks for sharing

I bought my 750 from wes with an adapter. I tried the baffles with poor results so I have a printed mod from a guy that doesnt make them anymore. I think a guy named froggy still sells nice inexpensive mods. I also have used a dfl sumo because that's what I had. Worked and looked good. The plenum/gauge block is worthwhile if you can get one.

May I ask where you got your adapters for your moderators from. I swear everywhere I find them, they’re being produced in foreign countries. And it’s not the origin that I have an issue with, but the shipping costs.

Last edited:
At Fatmike and Steve-I (and anyone else who might wish to chime in),

What is the difference between a PP-750 adapter 1/2” 20 UNF and say a Benjamin marauder (or insert PCP
Model here) adapter if they are threaded the same?

Sorry for jumping off topic a bit but I’m sure the last thing this forum needs is another jack-ass starting a bunch of threads on matters he could probably look up or have been discussed to death

For 1/2-20 adaptors try donnyfl as he has most the airguns covered and the cheapest moderator the tanto works good on the p750 as a pistol or in carbine mode.
The threads can differ on guns where the shroud is larger and threaded converting it to a 1/2-20 means you have the common thread for moderators and if you buy multiple in that common thread pitch you can try different types easily.

I had a hill ldc on my prod that was perfect…never should have sold it. Cheaper than a seperate 1/2-20 ldc and adaptor and lighter too that allowed me to fill the gun with it on. Wanted to try lots of different moderators (ldc) so it went with the 1/2-20 adaptor. Looking back for that gun at that power level the hill was perfect, as it was cheaper, lighter and effective enough.

I bet you got rats and the pp750 would be great for that.

Most of my pp750’s are now .177 and they shoot shiny, perdy and expensive lead free ammo but do it well enough and if after rats would recommend those to you.
Test,plink,target with lead by sight in with lead free and once tuned and accurate only use to dispatch or check hold off or zero to keep from buying those pricey pellets.

For 1/2-20 adaptors try donnyfl as he has most the airguns covered and the cheapest moderator the tanto works good on the p750 as a pistol or in carbine mode.
The threads can differ on guns where the shroud is larger and threaded converting it to a 1/2-20 means you have the common thread for moderators and if you buy multiple in that common thread pitch you can try different types easily.

I had a hill ldc on my prod that was perfect…never should have sold it. Cheaper than a seperate 1/2-20 ldc and adaptor and lighter too that allowed me to fill the gun with it on. Wanted to try lots of different moderators (ldc) so it went with the 1/2-20 adaptor. Looking back for that gun at that power level the hill was perfect, as it was cheaper, lighter and effective enough.

I bet you got rats and the pp750 would be great for that.

Most of my pp750’s are now .177 and they shoot shiny, perdy and expensive lead free ammo but do it well enough and if after rats would recommend those to you.
Test,plink,target with lead by sight in with lead free and once tuned and accurate only use to dispatch or check hold off or zero to keep from buying those pricey pellets.
Thank you. I greatly appreciate your input