Other Artemis PP800R Real-World Info

CBKidd

Mar 6, 2024
Considering an Artemis PP800R .22 cal (over the Diana "Bandit") purchase. Anyone have any thoughts on this pistol good/bad? Approx how many shots out of a "fill" in .22 cal? Any chronograph data you may have on a couple different pellets have would also be welcome. I know this is essentially a "regulated" Diana Bandit, so also asking if there is any wisdom in purchasing the Bandit, and then picking up a regulator separately? Lots of questions I know....but please feel free opine on any of this stuff.

I have the non-Canadian .177 version. After the barrel is cleaned up on both ends, the gun is quite accurate. The trigger group can also be polished, and have the adjustment grub screws replaced with one with a ball bearing at the tip. That improves the trigger quite significantly.

The regulator is adjustable, but not the HST. The hammer spring is *way* too strong for me, so I collapsed a few coils. This has another beneficial side effect, the hammer is now free flying, there is no burp!

With all this done, my little .177 shoots JSB Exact Heavies at 500 FPS. With a 200 bar charge, I can shoot 21 shots (3 mags) with very little AD and ES.

A .22 is probably more efficient, but we are not going to see a huge gain of shot count or muzzle energy, I think.

The PP800R is a great tinkerer platform. However, I do not recommend it as a "shoot as bought" gun. Others may disagree!