Artemis pp700sa Pistol Review

Breaking News - This Just In!
Or, should I say: These Just In?! 😜
1550520791_17707051445c6b11d7a06394.48773732_20190218_143327.jpg

I'm stoked to say: I'm the newest member of the PP700S-A Club! 
BIG Thanks to Krale for working their magic like they always do!

1550521122_16880446335c6b1322980b69.39270101_20190218_143207.jpg

After an initial inspection, I'm stoked to say that on this version, 
there is not a single flaw anywhere.. 100% immaculate condition. 

It is freezing outside, so, both guns are still really cold, and thawing..
As soon as they get up to room temperature, I'll be pressurizing them..

I can't wait!

🤘 🙂 🤘 

Sam -

I LOVE that custom stock! Very nice job!

And speaking of stocks, I might as well let you guys know what I ran into..
I went to throw the folding-stock on, annnd... Nope...

Whoever drilled/tapped the two mounting holes on the mounts 
drilled them too far towards the rear.. when the stock is in place, 
if you look through the holes in the grips, it is obvious..
And there's no way of getting things to line up. [I adjusted/angled it a bit]

So, it looks like I'll be stockless until' I can find a grinder..
I'll have to shave 1-2 mm off from both of the mounting plates, 
and that should bring the plates - and holes - in closer towards the gun..

*Sigh*

Anyways..

Here's my first 6 shots from 15ft. [The 1/2 way point at my 10m range]

1550548061_8046996855c6b7c5dbb5760.15634284_1st Shots Numbered.jpg

I shot 1 -4 with my right hand only [I'm left handed]
Aiming for Center, 1 was wayyy off.
2 was much closer. 3 was super close.
4 veered off a bit too far to the left again.

For shot 5, I used my left arm as a brace – Elbow out..
Rested the barrel on my elbow, and – Sooo close!

For shot 6, I was aiming at the lower dot..
I used the same type of bracing / hold, and again.. So close!

This Pistol Is So Much Fun!!

🙂👍 

Sam -

Try loosening the screw that holds the grip (M4 hex). While loose, try attaching the stock...then snug the grip screw.

Of course use your discretion. Mine lacked perhaps 1mm from going on but it’s quite solid when I did it like that. It may be that a little interference is intentional so the forward part of the attachment tines butt up against the valve body. That ensures the stock does not rotate up and down which would be quite annoying. 

Reactions: DirtyDovi
nervoustrig,

Thanks for the suggestion! That is actually a Very Good idea, and I'm glad to hear that it worked in your case!
I will definitely give that method a try! I can see where loosening the M4 grip bolt would allow for a bit more play, 
and that might just be all I'm needing also..

You used a few specific names/terms, so that helps me explain things a bit better too..

When I initially slotted the stock brackets into the back of the pistol grip, they did butt tightly against the valve body.
*I just needed it to go a 'little bit further'... haha Yes, I can see how that would lock the stock in place much better 
to lessen the chance of any upward/downward movement/rotation.

I'll report back as soon as I get to give that a whirl..

Thank you again!

🙂👍 

Sam -

[Edit / Update]

nervoustrig, You rock! This suggestion and installation process / trick seems to have worked for me too!
I couldn't sleep, so, I gave it a try, and while awkward, the stock is on now, and the pistol has been fired as a 'rifle'. haha

1550573972_13341979885c6be194d6de11.08987092_20190219_051506 Small.jpg

Also, here is my 1st 'rifle configuration' shot from the 10 meter line: Not bad at all..

1550574126_8583570915c6be22e956028.59076010_20190219_051538.jpg

I had previously sent Chris at Krale a message about this.. He got right back in touch, and let me know this:

"Dear Sam,

Thank you for mentioning it Sam!

I've checked 4-5 different models with 10 different stocks and you are right. 3 out of 10 stocks do have the exact same problem that you tell us.

I went to our gunsmith to ask him for advice and he told me that there is only one good solution, that is to cut off the end of the stock like you where saying.

I attached a picture to support my explanation. It looks like they forgot that the hammer spring adjustment is sticking out a little bit and they probably measured wrong.

I've sent some photo's to Artemis as well and I hope their next shipment will be better than this one and we will check if someone orders a PP700 with a folding stock before shipping as that is the only way to eliminate this problem.

Sometimes it just a little bit and you can get the screws in but it is not the way that it suppose to be.

Let me know if you need any help or information. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Chris"

Awesome, I’m glad to hear you got it going!

There’s some play at the pivot point that I wanted to get rid of. Some folks have installed a drywall screw into the small face where the two pieces slide together. Then you can adjust the screw in or out to take up the gap. 

I had some adhesive-backed Delrin tape that I used to make a shim. Whatever works for you. With that done, the stock is rock solid.

@dirtydovi, could/would you post a pic of the pistol from the side with the stock extended and folded? Thanks, am strongly considering this rig as my next purchase.

L.Leon, You ask and you shall receive! 
By the way, I'm stoked to say that my suppressor adapters came in today! Hahaha

1550624055_14673354125c6ca5378d6376.81535396_P15 PP700 Collapsed 2 Small.jpg

1550624071_12280106955c6ca547174ec6.96835462_P15 PP700 Extended 1 Small.jpg

The stock is really starting to grow on me now.. I think I like it..

🙂👍 

Sam -

Reactions: L.Leon
Awesome, I’m glad to hear you got it going!

There’s some play at the pivot point that I wanted to get rid of. Some folks have installed a drywall screw into the small face where the two pieces slide together. Then you can adjust the screw in or out to take up the gap. 

I had some adhesive-backed Delrin tape that I used to make a shim. Whatever works for you. With that done, the stock is rock solid.

nervoustrig, 

You da' man! I am super stoked that your suggestion worked, and worked so well.. 
The two methods you mentioned for taking up the slack in the 'hinge mechanism' are great!
I have some small grub/set screws kicking around someplace,
and figured I'd try to do that exact same thing with one of those.
If they don't turn up soon, maybe I'll give a quick shim a go..
Either way, like you said, that would really make the stock rock solid.. I totally agree. 

🙂👍 

Sam -

Glad to help, that's what this place is all about. Just a tip...a grub screw may work fine but I'd be concerned about it digging into the casting. May not be an issue if you smooth the top with a fine file and wet/dry paper but I think something like a flat head machine screw or drywall screw would be a better choice because of the larger flat bearing surface.

I gave a couple of you +1s, but they should have been red eggs because you guys are going to cost me money.
1f60f.svg
At the dairy I pest at many times I have opportunities on rats at less than 10 yards. Seems like this rig with folding stock could suit me well.

With open sights of course. Everything else has both a field of view and light attenuation issues. You may also note that the original open sight line on the PP700S-A is exactly parallel to the barrel, which translates to shooting low out of the box at any distance and no way to fix the issue because the factory open sights are not elevation adjustable.

That said, it is possible to mount a quality adjustable read sight. I used a CZ sight, but the extra height required a new, higher front post as well.

I gave a couple of you +1s, but they should have been red eggs because you guys are going to cost me money. 😏At the dairy I pest at many times I have opportunities on rats at less than 10 yards. Seems like this rig with folding stock could suit me well.

Hahahahaha, L.Leon,

You're Very Welcome! And Thank You Too! 🙂 

For close proximity pesting - like you mentioned, I think that these would definitely be a fun and nice choice..

👍 

Sam -

UPDATE: I have a new crappy YouTube video for you! 🤣 

This time around, I installed: DonnyFL RONIN suppressor, CVLife 2.5-10X40 scope, and Folding-Stock..
I shot the pistol in 'rifle-configuration', and, I also made an attempt at getting some chronograph readings: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1itOyRKZZyA 

After hours and hours of messing around, I finally got my chronograph to sync to wifi and the app properly, 
but by then, it was too late.. haha

I'll continue to use that when doing my tests / reviews, and, all the numbers are also in the vid description

🙂👍 

Sam -

Here is a follow-up to my dilemma with this pistol. I received an email that the repair of the first gun was ready for pick up. When I got there the owner apologized and said that the regulator was still leaking after receiving the gun back from the distributor. In fact, not only was the regulator still leaking, the bad pressure gauge was not replaced either. Like I said the owner apologized and gave me a replacement new in the box pistol. I just now tested the new pistol. The first thing I did was try to fill it. It was sitting at 150 bar when I started. According to the gun gauge. I slowly opened the bottle valve and watched the pressure creep up. I was watching both the gauge on the fill whip and the gauge in the pistol. Slowly the pressure started to rise, but when the gun gauge pressure reached 180 bar, the regulator in the gun started to leak. I compared the gun gauge with the fill whip gauge and the whip gauge was reading 190 bar. I stopped filling and shot a 20 shot string. The gun gauge was now reading 100 bar. The gun shot well holding a 1.5" group at 15 meters with the factory open sights. I was not using my crony, so I'm not certain of the speed, but having measured the first gun at 600 fps, this gun might actually have been a bit faster. I am impressed with the power for sure and it performed consistently. I then attempted to refill the gun. This time when the gun gauge reached 180 bar the regulator started leaking again and this time it continued leaking until it stopped at 160 bar indicated on the gun. The gun is now parked on my work bench where it will sit for a day and I will check it again.

I am impressed with the gun's performance, but this factory regulator has been a big problem for me. The gun is rated at a max fill pressure of 22 mpa and both guns appear to be unable to reach that pressure. Further, if you try to increase the gun tank pressure beyond the leak point, I suspect you will blow out the regulator seal, which is what I think happened on the first gun as well. Please, all you other owners of these pistols, are you having these issues or it just me?