• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Artemis PP700 –🔶– My Personal Summary of Fixes, Mods, Parts, Tuning, Tests...

🔶Artemis PP700 –– My Personal Summary of Fixes, Mods, Parts, Tuning, etc.🔶

Recently, I have been blessed by someone letting me have their Artemis PP700S-A. 😊 
This gun is amazing, even more so considering its $220 price.

This little gem carries many names in many different countries: 

PP700 = Zasdar [UK] = Onix [Spain] = Air Max [by Mrodair, USA] etc. etc.

As I'm learning about this gem, it has been a little painful to gather together little tidbits of information from everywhere. One thread* in particular is very rich in information on the gun, but has grown to be a monster thread. To date there are 38 pages, each with 50 posts (wait, that's just under 2000 posts in this thread alone). 😱 

*Titled PP700 Adventure started, here: https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=121844

As I'm going through those 2000 posts, and then many other thread, I started to copy the most relevant into a document for myself. After other people have moaned about having to dig through 2000 posts, I figured I better share what I have gathered. So, here's my personal summary of fixes, mods, part sourcing and parts diagrams, tuning, shooting tests, and all that fun stuff. No, I don't guarantee it's error free – only God is, I'm not as I'm human and I do make mistakes, just ask my buddies at work!

So, this is not per se a discussion thread, but an information thread – and not to expand this thread to XX pages, may I suggest that you send your corrections, critiques, suggestions via PM to me rather than to post them here? 😊

Thank you to all those posters who came before me and shared their valuable information with the rest of us! I hope your information will become useful to even more airgunners now in this new form!

Matthias

Reactions: moodyblues
🔶 Parts Diagram for PP700S-A

from www.Milidonis.gr

download.png
View attachment 1583468952_16227668255e61d1986e2d04.75167036.pdf

Parts Diagram for PP700W

from www.Milidonis.gr

download.png
View attachment 1583468965_20852606185e61d1a5debb16.73340159.pdf

🔶 Disassembly Videos, sometimes only for certain parts

These have helped me incredibly, since I have had NO prior experience opening up guns and messing around with HP....

● In Russian: 4 Parts: PP700W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eAIsWNtH-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxDMlGO0ahI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1otHNxmTK3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzMu3-Err90

● In Spanish: PP700

ONIX Ps-1 = W model
ONIX Sport = S-A model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkhLOjMw1qY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJo2eoyGDKo

🔶 O-Ring List

The Artemis parts list gives the o-ring dimensions as follows: Outside Diameter x Cross Section [thickness of the ring]

O-ring sellers in the US seem to give the dimensions as follows: Cross Section x Inside Diameter

I will follow the US sellers' conventions rather than Artemis....

Part No. Cross Section x Inside Diameter
[none] 1.5mm x 4mm [two; for fill probe]
27 1.5mm x 5mm
34 1.5mm x 5mm
36 1.5mm x 8mm
8 1.5mm x 9mm
13 1.5mm x 11mm
28 1.5mm x 12.5mm
38 3.1mm x 20.8mm*

*This particular size seems to be hard to get, the O-Ring Store had the following: 3.3mm x 22.4mm | 3.3mm x 22.4mm | 3.5mm x 20mm. I haven't tried these to see if they fit.

The recommended hardness of the o-rings is Buna-N 70.

If you don't have any silicone grease for the rings, they sell that too.

Sellers: I have shopped at the The O-Ring Store.com, and find their system quick and convenient. Minimum order is usually 20 per size, but at 10c a piece this reasonable.

🔶Power Tuning with the Huma Regulator at 100 bar – Shot Strings with Different HST Settings – 4 Different Pellets

Huma regulator set to 100bar

Hammer spring tensioner (HST) adjusted from its "zero" position which I defined as sticking out of the pistol grip stem by c. 1mm

Pellets (in this order): JSB RS | H&N Sniper Light V.1 | JSB Express | JSB Domed (16gr)

1583472508_19337034115e61df7c1da2b1.49442990.jpg

1583472528_4613852705e61df90e3aed1.38913751.jpg

1583472538_1490174985e61df9a62d262.48742324.jpg

1583472550_17536922225e61dfa66fbf53.60114493.jpg

Wayne52 gets 16FPE – out of the box – just adjusting the OEM regulator and the HST (16 and 18gr JSBs). It does get quite a bit louder when going higher in power.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=121844.msg1240715#msg1240715

With the Huma regulator set to 150 bar, and the HST still about 2-3mm out, I got almost 18FPE with the light JSB Express. What a beast of a pistol!! 😄

🔶Power Tuning with the Huma Regulator at 85 bar – Shot Strings with Different HST Settings – 4 Different Pellets

Huma regulator set to 85bar. This is the lowest setting on the Huma. I was surprised to still get so much power!

Hammer spring tensioner (HST) adjusted from its "zero" position which I defined as sticking out of the pistol grip stem by c. 1mm

Pellets (in this order): JSB RS | H&N Sniper Light V.1 | JSB Express | JSB Domed (16gr)

1583473056_6436945025e61e1a06a1de2.48413922.jpg

1583473067_11997158655e61e1ab369449.69594944.jpg

1583473081_10979015875e61e1b9ed7896.39412772.jpg

1583473089_12025550045e61e1c174a303.91272121.jpg

You my friend, just earned a very well deserved accuracy-point 
for your excellent job compiling and consolidating all of this info regarding the PP700/SA! Well Done! 

There are a lot of us on here and elsewhere that absolutely love these guns, 
and that's probably pretty obvious when ya see how many posts there are about it.. 
The threads and posts definitely got a bit overwhelming to sort though - And that's an understatement.

Your new 'personal summery' looks awesome, and will no doubt help a lot of people! 

BIG Thanks for taking the time to put this all together! 
It is [and will continue to be] greatly appreciated! 

😊👍

Sam -

Thanks for your kind words!!

4 years after posting this thread, I can still very much recommend the PP700. 👍🏼

Mine has killed more pigeons than any of my other guns.
60y was a typical distance.

A compact scope (Vector Veyron, Westhunter, or Discoveryopt) will keep the gun short.

Have fun! 😊

Matthias

I commend this effort and agree with most of it. I am not a fan of the Huma reg. not because it does not work, it does work very well, but because it occupies tank space and reduces available shots. The biggest issue this gun has is leaks, right out of the box, many leaks. It is unfortunately all too common. It is , after all , a $250 gun. That said, once those issues are fixed, this gun is phenomenal. I own two of these and their weight, balance and accuracy is excellent. I have dropped pigeons and crows off hand at 100 meters with this pistol. I shoot exclusively the 15 gr JSB pellets at 650 FPS using the factory regulator and factory settings. No tuning required! I shoot 1" groups at 25 meters consistently and the best part is that I get 40 shots per air charge from 220 bar to the yellow 100 bar line on the pressure gauge. I use a 22 cal loading tube and it makes reloading rapid and easy. With these tubes, single shot reloading is a non-issue. As already stated, there has been much written and in the archives including much from myself on the remedies of the leaks I encountered. No need to repeat them here.

I commend this effort and agree with most of it. I am not a fan of the Huma reg. not because it does not work, it does work very well, but because it occupies tank space and reduces available shots. The biggest issue this gun has is leaks, right out of the box, many leaks. It is unfortunately all too common. It is , after all , a $250 gun. That said, once those issues are fixed, this gun is phenomenal. I own two of these and their weight, balance and accuracy is excellent. I have dropped pigeons and crows off hand at 100 meters with this pistol. I shoot exclusively the 15 gr JSB pellets at 650 FPS using the factory regulator and factory settings. No tuning required! I shoot 1" groups at 25 meters consistently and the best part is that I get 40 shots per air charge from 220 bar to the yellow 100 bar line on the pressure gauge. I use a 22 cal loading tube and it makes reloading rapid and easy. With these tubes, single shot reloading is a non-issue. As already stated, there has been much written and in the archives including much from myself on the remedies of the leaks I encountered. No need to repeat them here.
Not ALL...have leaks !
Mine's leak free for almost two years.
So yeah, there's one that doesn't fit your leakage comment.

1709913059591.jpeg

Mike

Reactions: nobody1 and qball
Not ALL...have leaks !
Mine's leak free for almost two years.
So yeah, there's one that doesn't fit your leakage comment.

View attachment 443662

Mike
Mike, I'm very happy for you and Nobody that you have not experienced any leaks. Consider yourself very fortunate. Many others unfortunately have suffered leaks with this pistol. There are many threads on this forum and on Youtube identifying those problems and their solutions. The leaks I experienced were very frustrating because some were difficult to resolve. I have written up a few myself on what I discovered and resolved. They are all in the archives, if you are interested. One was the flaking of the anodizing around the fill check valve port. Another difficult one to resolve was a leak that only occurred if filled past 180 bar. The gun would leak down to 180 bar and then stop all on its own. The fault turned out to be the O ring item 34 in the IPB. The size specified was slightly too small for some guns I suspect due to manufacturing tolerances. If I remember correctly. I had to use a 4.5 mm x 2 mm O ring to seal. Just moving to a 5 x 2 ring would not fit, but the 4.5 x 2 did. The spec was 5 x 1.5. Another very common issue was the regulator creeping This is hard to detect because there is no gauge, but it happened to many. It was caused by a poor finish on the plastic sealing washer Like. I said, consider yourself lucky.

Reactions: JungleShooter
I agree, the pistol is superb, but you remember it fondly. Why did you let it go?
It killed many, many rats… But I missed many opportunities because of the single shot action… Then the Atomic XR came along and I let it go to someone who would make it their primary. Didn’t want the little killer languishing in the safe.🙏

It killed many, many rats… But I missed many opportunities because of the single shot action… Then the Atomic XR came along and I let it go to someone who would make it their primary. Didn’t want the little killer languishing in the safe.🙏
I understand, but I really like the balance and its ability to replicate the Thompson contender for practice purposes. The 40 regulated shot air charge is the best of all PCP pistols. I have now two Huben GK1's, which are phenomenal in all respects, but they are in many pesting circumstances too powerful because they cause infrastructure damage, where the PP700SA does not. I will never sell mine for that reason alone.

• Love
Reactions: L.Leon