• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Artemis PP700 mods and tuning

Hey! I was looking at getting an Artemis PP700S-A in .22, add a stock and use it as a "hunting carbine". As far as I understand, this is a pretty common thing to do with this pistol.

As this would be used in place of my rifle sometimes, I was ideally looking at getting something like 30-35 Joules from it in terms of power (with quite a bit of tuning of course), but that might be too much to expect from a pistol? From what I've seen, it seems to be accurate enough for my purposes, but power is lacking quite a bit.

I imagine I wouldn't be getting more than a few shots per fill, but that's fine as I always bring an air tank with me when hunting.

If anyone has done anything similar, or has any input in general, I'd love some thoughts and ideas. Also tell me if my goals are set too high! :) Cheers!

EDIT: I meant to say 30-35 joules, don't know why fpe popped into my head!

Hey! I was looking at getting an Artemis PP700S-A in .22, add a stock and use it as a "hunting carbine". As far as I understand, this is a pretty common thing to do with this pistol.

As this would be used in place of my rifle sometimes, I was ideally looking at getting something like 30-35fpe from it in terms of power (with quite a bit of tuning of course), but that might be too much to expect from a pistol? From what I've seen, it seems to be accurate enough for my purposes, but power is lacking quite a bit.

I imagine I wouldn't be getting more than a few shots per fill, but that's fine as I always bring an air tank with me when hunting.

If anyone has done anything similar, or has any input in general, I'd love some thoughts and ideas. Also tell me if my goals are set too high! :) Cheers!

you are asking too much from that pistol. it can not give you that power.