Artemis, pp700, airmax

Why haven't you asked the "knowledgeable smith" the question? Have you specifically told him you want it MOUSEFART QUIET before you paid him for the work? He sure Doesnt really sound knowledgeable to me. Others MAY chime in with the same suggestion I gave you on that other thread. Replace that breech seal o-ring and degass and tighten that valve end cap using the tools I posted a picture of. If it can't screw in all the way you will need to file it so it seats further in.

Why haven't you asked the "knowledgeable smith" the question? Have you specifically told him you want it MOUSEFART QUIET before you paid him for the work? He sure Doesnt really sound knowledgeable to me. Others MAY chime in with the same suggestion I gave you on that other thread. Replace that breech seal o-ring and degass and tighten that valve end cap using the tools I posted a picture of. If it can't screw in all the way you will need to file it so it seats further in.

Yo

Will you post a link the other thread please?

Thanks

Ed

To Mr. Yo I am the what you called the not so knowlegable gunsmith who worked on the pistols. I am aware of the situation on the pistols and have been working with the gentlemen to resolve his issue. I will tell you that prior to leaving this shop all pistols were tested and a video of each pistols operation was sent to the owner showing tissue on the top of the breeches and firing several times. No evidence of air leakage was present at the time the pistols were completed and shipped back to him. I cannot atest to what has been done since sending back but we have worked with him diligently to figure out his issue. You might consider that before you decide how much knowledge a person has.

Brian

Yo

Thanks

Ed

I don't know how to post a link. REALLY!

To Mr. Yo I am the what you called the not so knowlegable gunsmith who worked on the pistols. I am aware of the situation on the pistols and have been working with the gentlemen to resolve his issue. I will tell you that prior to leaving this shop all pistols were tested and a video of each pistols operation was sent to the owner showing tissue on the top of the breeches and firing several times. No evidence of air leakage was present at the time the pistols were completed and shipped back to him. I cannot atest to what has been done since sending back but we have worked with him diligently to figure out his issue. You might consider that before you decide how much knowledge a person has.

Brian

Actually based on the OP's statement on having ALL THREE of his PP700 having been worked on by a knowledgeable airgunsmith exhibit blowby all at ALL of their breeches just made me WONDER that's all... SO GLAD YOU CHIMED IN! Good to hear the OTHER SIDE of the story! That's the normal intent of posting on forums! He doesn't seem to want to do any type of work to any of his guns to fix any and all of the alleged breech blowby issues causing too much of a racket for his neighbors to tolerate thus him posting these such (SEVERAL ALREADY!!!) threads (REPETITIVELY!!!) as a result. I AM REALLY REALLY REALLY NOT SURE WHY HE KEEPS ASKING HOW TO FIX THEM IF HE IS UNWILLING TO DO ANY WORK TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Yo

Thanks

Ed

Click on OP's profile click on FORUMS then click on TOPICS STARTED. 

Brian

I surely would be thinking differently IF the OP would have given us ALL that info. Maybe saying that the guns "suddenly" began experiencing blowby after leaving the shop just fine. I don't see anyway the valve would have loosened with the gun filled with air. Issue would have to be the oring. I would have him do a video shooting the gun and showing you what it is doing.

But I have had one guy do the exact thing to me. Sold him a Webley Vulcan. He disassembled the trigger trying to put a 2 stage one in but couldn't get it back together. Anyone who works on the Vulcan will tell you those triggers are not for an amateur. He sent it to me and I fixed it (free) I even went so far as to have my wife video me cocking it and testing the trigger and safety to show it worked perfectly. Once he got the gun back his first reply was that the safety didn't work. and he had already sent gun back wanting his $$ back. I called BS and sent him the video. Because of his demeanor I did not send him $$$ but said he should send me a shipping label and I would return his gun. I still have the gun, all boxed up awaiting the label.

I have the same issue. Replaced o-ring, tightened, shimmed; improved the issue but did not eliminate it. When it's too snug the block will only close with difficulty, sometimes even pushes the o-ring out. I think this blowby and the annoying "pop" when firing comes with the territory with this design. It is worse with snug sitting pellets and with the moderator. Gotta grin and bear it I fear. 🐦

Wanted to rechime in on this. I brought this gentlemans pistols in twice at my expense what I found was that he was not properly tensioning the barrels. He was installing and removing his moderators and at the same time loosening the barrels. Did a second set of videos for him on the second time I brought them back and found the barrels actually loose enough to allow play and not properly seal. When they were retensioned properly and the block not overtightneded they work perfect no air blowout. Second set of videos was sent to show no air leakage. Parrotculler check the barrel for movment or make sure it is seated all the way into the pocket and not slightly cock a bit. Another issue I have dealt with on these is folks have loosened and tightned them so many times that a groove will be dug into the receiver barrel pocket thus the barrrel now is further forward than factory making a good seal very difficult. Usually a fatter oring will make up this difference but I have made shims from delrin to fix the issue as well when they are really bad.