• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Artemis pp 700 sa silencer

Sorry for coming to this topic late, but I have a question?

Would blocking the holes on top of the shroud decrease the shot noise. I heard someone who shot a pp700sa with a moderator the gun 20fpe and it still sounded like a loud crack/ real gunshot (a little exaggerated but still loud). I also noticed that when shooting the pp700sa without a pellet and with the breach block open is even louder. I think with a barrel that is threaded and moderator directly to the barrel no barrel shroud or adapter the air only escapes through the front bore. Has anybody tried this. I think the way the pp700sa is with its shroud make the pistol loud no matter what moderator size you put.

Sorry for coming to this topic late, but I have a question?

Would blocking the holes on top of the shroud decrease the shot noise. I heard someone who shot a pp700sa with a moderator the gun 20fpe and it still sounded like a loud crack/ real gunshot (a little exaggerated but still loud). I also noticed that when shooting the pp700sa without a pellet and with the breach block open is even louder. I think with a barrel that is threaded and moderator directly to the barrel no barrel shroud or adapter the air only escapes through the front bore. Has anybody tried this. I think the way the pp700sa is with its shroud make the pistol loud no matter what moderator size you put.

Simple answer...no ! Those holes have little to do with the sound. It MAY...lower the sound a tiny amount, but it's not worth the effort.

Many of us use the Huma Mod 30 (on our AP16s'), single segment suppressor. You buy a compact (3 segments) and remove (unscrew) two.

While it doesn't provide the proverbial "mouse fart" quiet shot, it's plenty quiet enough. OR...you can leave on the segments and tune the sound to your liking.

You'll need to buy the adapter to add on the suppressor. There are two available. One that takes the place of the stock barrel nut, and another that you "replace" the barrel nut. Donnyfl has the "replace" adapter, and Air Gun Archery has one ( https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/pp700sa-1-2-x20unf-adapter-no-need-to-remove-end-cap/ ) . I have the Donnyfl version, but like the Air Gun Archery version better.

Use the same Huma Mod 30 suppressor, as shown below.

Ataman, AP16, .177.1644444284.JPG

Mike

My pest elimination gets me sometimes close to other people — who have hightened fear levels of anything "gun" (it's a learned behavior, result of a decade of terrorism in the not too distant past in Peru).

Therefore, noise abatement is a top priority.

On my .22cal PP700S-A a DonnyFl Sumo in .25cal keeps things on the level for everybody. Even at 16FPE I don't have to worry....

(Well, the pigeons should worry, but even they don't detect the sound of death until 16 grains of it bore through their flesh....).

(Note, that the hammer spring is tuned a bit on the low side of the max., to reduce excess air gushing out the barrel loudly after the pellet has left....) 

I bought this particular silencer, in this size, upon the personal recommendation of Mr. DonnyFL 😄. He had the same gun, and this setup did the trick for the silencer guru.

It did the trick for me, too! What an incredible customer service, Donny!

Matthias

The pp700sa has a pretty loud bark without one. I had a DonnyFl Tanto on mine. Which made it very quiet.
I have his pp700sa 22cal.. he was kind enough to sell it to me when pistol was all i had room/ use for... with the tanto it is perfect... very neighbor friendly if you are in semi urban/ urban area. Excellent shot count too. Started running slugs in mine...

Reactions: L.Leon
I have his pp700sa 22cal.. he was kind enough to sell it to me when pistol was all i had room/ use for... with the tanto it is perfect... very neighbor friendly if you are in semi urban/ urban area. Excellent shot count too. Started running slugs in mine...
Well its been yours for quite a while and I hope it has served you well. Hundreds of rats fell to that gun.