• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Artemis P15 leaking air

Hi! 

New to the forum need assistance with my Artemis P15 leaking air. I am assuming it's a bad o-ring somewhere but if anyone has advice on which ones to check first (most likely to fail) and instructions on how to take the gun apart to access the o-ring that would be most helpful.

I filled the gun to 250 bar 2 days ago and now it is at about 40 bar. I have done nothing with it but store it in the case. I noticed no leaking when I filled the gun, and it did not do this the first 3-4 times I have filled it, only the last 2 times. The first time I noticed the leak was after the gun had been sitting for about a month and figured it was normal for the air to slowly leak over that period of time. However 48 hours does not seem normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1567566847_20490566305d6f2bff0a7da7.40546365_IMG_20190119_090627.jpg

put a condom and the bottle and check 

Clemson pull your stock and where the air tube connects to the breech there's a allen screw that's how you bleed the air out it has a small ball bearing under it to seal it check there first I had that problem last week couldn't get the bearing out so I ended up putting a piece of a lead pellet in and tightened the allen screw in it hasn't leaked since but I'll probably have to shoot it empty from now on to work on it.

Thanks for the replies. Question: How tight should the air tube be screwed into the breech (where the air tube screws into the gun right behind the bleeder hole area)? I noticed that it was only hand tight. I unscrewed it about 4-5 turns and saw a green o-ring located there and screwed it back just hand tight because I didn't want to break anything. I am wondering if that should be tighter or if that o-ring could be bad. I also realized my gun came with a black metal tool that looked like a socket with a hole running through one end. This looks to be used to tighten the pressure gauge. When I turned it I found it unscrewed the front of the air tube and when I tightened it down I couldn't get my air fill probe into the air fill slot so I had to back it out about 3-4 turns. Is it okay to leave it unscrewed? And should I try to tighten or look for o-rings around or under the pressure gauge? Sorry for so many questions. 😞

AGAIN !

Probably your leak is from the front end of the bottle, fiil probe oring, behind the valve

That happens because of the bad oring quality and the fast fill

The front valve is endless when you screw it, so when the threads are in the bottle align the gauge ant leave it

Everything must be tighten by hand and put a liitle amount of silikone to protect orings from dammage

If the leak isnt from the front, use shave foam and check for bubbles

Not much on a pcp needs to be screwed on tight, If a pcp was assembled with gaskets, then things would have to be tight. The orings seal not based on how hard you tighten them. Keeping your gun barely hand tight will make it a pleasure to work on in the future. There are a lot of places a P15 can leak from and it will leak from all of them until you replace all your orings with good ones. Now is a good time to learn your gun by taking it apart and replacing them all. I still have my original orings in the barrel. They seem to be holding up fine. There are two on the barrel when you take it off and one in the chamber where the pellet goes in. You should just do the air tube and fill probe orings first. My guess is its your probe oring. Don't use that tool to unscrew your gauge, I doubt that's your problem. Unscrew your air tube from the valve, if the valve plenum stays on the tube just unscrew the whole thing but remember how the cone shaped spring goes in there. Once you have everything unscrewed from the tube you can use a long rod to push out the regulator if it stayed in the tube. Replace every oring you see in your pile of parts. Your fill probe oring is up inside the gauge end cap. Its a tiny one.

Thanks guys. Should the ball valve be able to fall out of the hole once the screw is out? Or does it come out of the end when you take the whole tank off? I seem to remember something round in the bottom when I unscrewed the release screw but I do not remember it moving and I know It didn’t fall out. I seemed to remember pushing on it with the end of the Allen wrench and it was suck in there and didn’t move any.