• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Snowpeak Artemis Owners Thread

Let me know about the bipod mount when you can. I see your extra mags. I received my 2 extra yesterday.
I used the smallest picatinny mount I could find in the package from Amazon. I set the rifle upside down with it propped up on both sides so it would stay in place. There are nubs sticking up on the bottom side of the picatinny mount piece. I mounted it in my vise next and used a Dremel tool to get the nubs off to make smooth so it will mount flat against the rifle stock. Then placed on the front of the rifle and centered. Marked the holes and then drilled both to depth and mounted using two plastic spacers as to not have the mount flat against the wood. Mounted with two screws I had in a kit box to the rifle. Came out ok!

IMG_20240329_173301.jpg

IMG_20240329_173310.jpg

Reactions: minusprevious
^^^Well that is super, super nice! Laser beam! Looks like dime size accuracy. Like the scope & the high quality rings! With these guns, the scopes sometimes cost more than the gun LOL. I run a Vortex DB 4-16 x 44. Question. Curious how you mounted the bipod base? May consider doing the same

Cheers, Joe
Thanks for saying that Joe! After shooting around 500 rounds through it I got back out the chronograph on the bench and the same pellets the JSB 25.39 Diabolo 25s the small counterclockwise regulator tweaks has them shooting at 810 fps for now, so maybe over time and hundreds more of shots the reg pressure can go up? My previous post when I had only shot around a hundred rounds it was at 790, so 20 more fps for now is cool. Hope you had a great Easter man! Steven

20.jpg

Guess i went a tad overboard on my 25cal one. She´s handing the numbers though and rather accurate at that, still on the stock barrel.
But has she ever had the full 9 thrown at her..

Big things.. little things.
Like that i sawed off like an inch on the bottom of the stock, made it come out looking way more like a "normal" rifle. The god awful plastic goo they´re draped in - off. Nowadays linseed only.
Had about forgotten about this piece until i saw this thread, time to get her out of the vault again me thinks.

Anyways. Yes. As you can see an add on plenum. On 140cc´s if memory serves and tossing 34´s and up she easily surpass 125J and then some.

But there´s many many "flaws" to the M-16 that is to be corrected.
For instance.
Lacks seal between barrel and breech piece on the barrel. There´s simply nothing there, apart from the threads in case.
Lacks any and all seals as far as the shroud, and the stock diffusor in turn.. don´t even get me started. IMO the entire shroud setup needs to be redesigned.

1.jpg

In turn the trigger group, as mentioned above...

12.jpg

Needs a fresh set of springs to balance the thing off way better. Adjuster screw in turn, a drop of superglue. No, not Loctite. Superglue, as that stuff will let you work the screw and still keep it in where it´s supposed to be. See, one major malfunction here is that the adjuster screw works itself lose... Hence the superglue.
But yes. Albeit not a "match trigger" exactly it can be greatly improved upon no doubt.

3.jpg

Porting then. For a regulated 25cal this of course entails opening the transfers, exhaust port and so on up. However.. there´s an issue inherent...

22.jpg

As you go much past 6mm the transfer port will break into the ridge that supports the larger sealing o-ring on the block. This is of course an issue as it´ll let the o-ring collapse and rupture.
So i did the only reasonable thing to remedy and that was to turn a thin shim out of really tough steel.. which i in essence got away with by just compressing the valve assembly harder against said o-ring on assembly.
Might be worth of note though for those so inclined.

The stock reg however has handed me rather specific zero issues. Sure. Took it apart and polished the seat n piston for it and in turn the belleville washers but that being done... works a million bux in my case.

To be noted here though is that that job.. it´s been a while. Point being that where i´m at i could really use a longer barrel for it and in doing so i´d really love a longer Snowpeak one. But.. as we´re all aware they´re about as scarce as hens teeth so..

But yeah. All said with a little effort n elbow grease put in they´re lovely rifles. Will most certainly reposition the plenum tho. Yes, i make my own such and yes i know what i´m doing.
Run an entire machine shop, make them out of seamless high pressure steel tubing..

Hi and welcome to the discussion on this fine rifle! Wow, you've really dug in to the internals on yours. Would you mind posting a better shot of the plenum you made so we could get a better look especially the way you installed it in the rifle please? I've been working on my trigger as well and after much work got it down to 10 ounces. Any less isn't any better and the gun won't cock. Just learning as I go with this sub $400 dollar air rifle. Oh I did put a 5 Liter carbon fiber bottle and it's a lot lighter now. I have it shooting at 810 fps now after shooting hundreds of rounds where previously could only get to 790 fps when new. Thanks for sharing what you've done with your rifle and we would love to hear more!

Sure

19.jpg

Used the stock reg pressure gauge hole for inlet. I´ll be looking into this though as i feel getting the add on plenum to reside on the left side of the unit, between the barrel n bottle, would be a way better fit.

Hammer spring, used one for an Impact. These are readily available.

Copper tubing is brazed in place at both ends. To keep in mind is that copper "work hardens" and thus an eye should be kept as far as this. On 9 outer, and seeing the limited diameter that works well.

As power goes up so does need for suppression i guess, why that whole shroud thingy becomes essential at some point. That and a well designed moderator.
No matter what anyone will "claim" moderator efficiency is very very much about baffle and end cap through holes (as is the through hole on the diffusor for the shroud for shroud efficiency). You can run as "special" baffles as you wish, it´ll still take a back seat to them through holes. Internal volume helps though, more n more so as power climbs and speeds start reaching "the wall".

Btw.

2.jpg

Although it "slipped" on the lathe.. that there simply won´t cut it. Way to small openings to be of any practical value.

22.jpg

This is more like it and will make for a way more active diffusor/shroud setup. Now i make them myself but they are to be bought as FX spares.
Keep through hole to a bare min. I tend to set mine approx 0.5mm larger vs caliber.
Notice the o-ring. Make sure the shroud seals at the rear too (which it doesn´t stock)

Btw. Although it "slipped" on the lathe.. that there simply won´t cut it. Way to small openings to be of any practical value.
This is more like it and will make for a way more active diffusor/shroud setup. Now i make them myself but they are to be bought as FX spares.
Keep through hole to a bare min. I tend to set mine approx 0.5mm larger vs caliber.
Notice the o-ring. Make sure the shroud seals at the rear too (which it doesn´t stock)
Hello. You have certainly explored the finer details w/these M16A's. I only have 1 year into PCP's. The M16A is my first. Question. Is the stock .22 cal barrel or the .25 cal capable of pushing slugs? Or is a different barrel required? Thanks & Cheers, Joe

Reactions: Dogowsky
Hello. You have certainly explored the finer details w/these M16A's. I only have 1 year into PCP's. The M16A is my first. Question. Is the stock .22 cal barrel or the .25 cal capable of pushing slugs? Or is a different barrel required? Thanks & Cheers, Joe
Hi Joe, just an update on my 25 caliber M16A. Still shooting dime size groups at 30 yards which is great! But after 800 more rounds or so it's shooting at 820 fps now. So it's shooting a few more fps than when it was new which is nice. Hope yours is still shooting well!

Gents, Picked up my first PCP 1 year ago. Got the M16A (.22). My last air gun was the Sheridan pump (if that tells ya something)

Certainly not the most popular piece out there, but I have been impressed (thus far). Never tuned, just added a D-FL moderator, carbon tank & 3D printed adjustable butt piece & the Vortex DB 4-16. Been tracking approx 870 FPS using the JSB 18.13 gr. Does that sound right to you guys?

Curious how many of us on the boards own this model?

Cheers, Joe
View attachment 437969
View attachment 438088
Yeah I love mine. Brian at Veradium Air tuned mine. It was Awesome when I got it, now it’s better. It’s my ole trusty.

IMG_6707.jpeg

IMG_5555.jpeg

IMG_5195.png

Welcome to the M16A club! Your's looks great as well. Still the most accurate rifle in my collection and a joy to shoot. Dime size bullseye's never gets old. 😆
Hey Steven. Wanted your & the others opinions whether these are good groupings? I only have 25 yards to work with & these targets are just under the size of a dime. The left dime is 4 shots & right dime is 9 shots. Certainly want to get to 50 or 100 yards. Just curious if these 25 yard groupings would translate further out? Thanks, Joe
P5030253.JPG