Artemis M40 🎙 Semi-Auto

I have a Skyhawk, put in a LWPC barrel, Huma and ditched the shroud. Good enough gun now as it sets, but if something breaks there are no parts available. This gun was made in the same nonquality control/don’t care if it is crap factory.

My advice, don’t do it. After watching that video, I hope you feel the same way.

Regards,

Roachcreek

I don't t think this is a cheaper alternative to the Huben. Their web site says in .25 it's shooting 797fps. We don't know with what pellets. The Huben in .25 will shoot the JSB 34 gr. at over 1,075fps. And, as another person mentioned, you have to cock the rifle first, so, it's not a hammerless design.

This doesn't mean it might not be a nifty air gun, but a Huben, it's definitely not. 

Chas

I get what everyone is saying about it being Chinese, potentially not being able to get it serviced, and it could be crap. This isn’t just some crap company though, it’s Snow Peak, and they put out a decent product; P15 being the most popular. I don’t mind being the Guinea pig 🐷 here and doing a review on it. For $600 I don’t know of any other airguns that has the same functionality for the price. I appreciate everyone’s opinions on it.

Snow Peak makes some very good PCP's, and hopefully, the M40 semi-auto will be another good one. It's just so new right now, and not much info on it. The price is decent, comes with a hard carrying case, but only one magazine. As I mentioned a few posts back, Krale will be getting back to me about availability of extra mags and price.

The other issue is... repairs. If it needs to be serviced, now what? I don't know Krale's return or repair policy on these guns.

There is a YouTube video in Spanish, where a guy from Chile (I think), demonstrates the M40. However, while filming the video, the clear part of his magazine cracked and broke off. He had to finish the video shooting single-shot. I'm not sure, but it appears that the probe or handle caught the magazine and broke it. Extra mags is definitely needed for any semi-auto. The M40 also seems to have decent power as he was getting high 800's with JSB 18.1's. That's not too shabby. 

Sorry about your Skyhawk.... Maybe the Artemis/Snow Peak quality control is not what it used to be.

I had an Artemis PP700SA pistol and ATI Nova Liberty that I believe are both made by Snow Peak... but not positive about this. Both were great guns with minimal problems. They were also easy to mod thanks to all the info in these forums.

Sorry about your Skyhawk.... Maybe the Artemis/Snow Peak quality control is not what it used to be.

I had an Artemis PP700SA pistol and ATI Nova Liberty that I believe are both made by Snow Peak... but not positive about this. Both were great guns with minimal problems. They were also easy to mod thanks to all the info in these forums.

Artemis is SPA... ATI Nova Liberty is made by Nova Vista in Macau separate company

I have an M40 on my bench at the moment which is not functioning as it should (semi auto) it looks as if the auto cocking mechanism is air powered, but it is coming against too much resistance to allow it to function. The Chinglish booklet that comes with it does state it will not function around / below 100 bar (actually it says 10mpa) I have tried the rifle a very still levels it is still not working the linkages under the trigger seem to be far more substantial than previous offerings : let's hope the insides are also better. About to take it apart now...
20210118_090005.1610961034.jpg
20210118_085958.1610961035.jpg
20210118_085955.1610961036.jpg
20210118_085952.1610961036.jpg