Snowpeak Artemis M16A Owners Thread

That's good news. I know its a chance when we order from overseas (Lastworld is shipping from Los Angeles?) . I just received an order from Taiwan for my sportscar & it was shipped UPS Worldwide & was delivered in 5 days. On a side note: Just ordered 2 more .22 mags from Wes yesterday as I only had one left (this supply issue made me think about stocking up =)
He still shows he's out of 25 cal mags for the M16A. I'll send him an email and see when we will get an update on the shipment. Still shows delivery on Tuesday on the rifle from Lastworld so it's getting close. It got cold here again so I probably will just have to stay inside and clean the barrel, change the tank to the carbon fiber bottle I already have, tighten everything up, make sure it holds air, etc. it was 70 plus degrees a week ago and got crappy out around Wednesday with rain and high winds. Hopefully will get better weather soon.

Reactions: Bandito
That's good news. I know its a chance when we order from overseas (Lastworld is shipping from Los Angeles?) . I just received an order from Taiwan for my sportscar & it was shipped UPS Worldwide & was delivered in 5 days. On a side note: Just ordered 2 more .22 mags from Wes yesterday as I only had one left (this supply issue made me think about stocking up =)
It's not half by twenty threads on the moderator is it? I know it comes with one but I have a half dozen moderators around that probably won't screw on. Is an adapter hard to find? I didn't see one listed on the Donnyfl website.

It's not half by twenty threads on the moderator is it? I know it comes with one but I have a half dozen moderators around that probably won't screw on. Is an adapter hard to find? I didn't see one listed on the Donnyfl website.
Ordered if from DFL. See embedded image:
d.PNG

He still shows he's out of 25 cal mags for the M16A. I'll send him an email and see when we will get an update on the shipment. Still shows delivery on Tuesday on the rifle from Lastworld so it's getting close. It got cold here again so I probably will just have to stay inside and clean the barrel, change the tank to the carbon fiber bottle I already have, tighten everything up, make sure it holds air, etc. it was 70 plus degrees a week ago and got crappy out around Wednesday with rain and high winds. Hopefully will get better weather soon.
After my email Wes found two 25 caliber mags laying around and they are shipping today so will have about ten days before they get here. He thinks about two more weeks before his order comes in so I can get a few more. The rifle was supposed to be here today by FedEx but got delayed in kansas city. Now shows delivery tomorrow on Wednesday. Hope it's ok as it's had a heck of a journey!

After my email Wes found two 25 caliber mags laying around and they are shipping today so will have about ten days before they get here. He thinks about two more weeks before his order comes in so I can get a few more. The rifle was supposed to be here today by FedEx but got delayed in kansas city. Now shows delivery tomorrow on Wednesday. Hope it's ok as it's had a heck of a journey!
That's good news! Sorry on the Fed Ex delay but that happens. Wes got my 2 mags coming, as well, but wont land until 4/2. Looking fwd to you getting that .25 cal. If Wes gets some .25 cals in, I might get one.

That's good news! Sorry on the Fed Ex delay but that happens. Wes got my 2 mags coming, as well, but wont land until 4/2. Looking fwd to you getting that .25 cal. If Wes gets some .25 cals in, I might get one.
I'm in Missouri so it's usually about 10 days to two weeks max from Wes. He's still waiting for China to release his stuff but he did say he should have more mags in about 10 days so that would be cool. It was too cold and windy here today to get out and shoot anyway but wednesday it's supposed to be 68 degrees out and that would be perfect. I really hope it gets here while the weather's nice! It's supposed to rain all day thursday so hope it shows up. I'll let you know!

Finally got the rifle today! Cleaned the barrel with 30 patches and got out a lot of the black barrel grease from China. Showed up with some air in it so that was good. This thing is loud without the moderator but screwed it on and it works perfect to be backyard friendly. I filled it up to 3600 psi and filled the mag with JSB 25.39 Exact and sighted it in in about ten shots. Wow, it's fun to shoot groups with this rifle! Twenty five yards is all the range I have in my backyard and it just stacks them on top of each other shooting half inch groups continuously. Satisfied with that I took off the aluminum bottle and swapped out for the carbon fiber and filled back up. Shot about two hundred rounds then refilled again and went to four thousand psi. Big mistake, it blew the burst disc as it's not rated higher like the bottle is. A replacement was not in the package of orings and stuff that came with the rifle. Do you think a screw in replacement of a captain oring burst disc will work ok? I have some five thousand psi screw in burst disks I can try. Rookie mistake I made thinking bottle pressure was 4350 now which it is but the regulator only handles thirty six hundred.so I broke my new rifle after shooting two hundred rounds today! Live and learn I guess.

Wow! You did not waste anytime LOL. My .22 M16A barks w/out the moderator. Can only imagine the .25 bark=). Have never overfilled to the point of activating a disk. After re-reading your post, it wasnt the bottle disk, it is in the guns regulator? Will have to learn more about that! Yeah, Im a 25 yard guy as well as I live in a full residential area here in So. Calif. Keep us posted on the repair & need some pics when you can

Cheers, Joe

Wow! You did not waste anytime LOL. My .22 M16A barks w/out the moderator. Can only imagine the .25 bark=). Have never overfilled to the point of activating a disk. After re-reading your post, it wasnt the bottle disk, it is in the guns regulator? Will have to learn more about that! Yeah, Im a 25 yard guy as well as I live in a full residential area here in So. Calif. Keep us posted on the repair & need some pics when you can

Cheers, Joe
I took out the the burst disk on the bottle valve and that's what it was. I had a captain oring 3k and a 7.5k so I put in the 7.5k of course. I just won't fill over 3625 psi and all should be fine. I'm filling the carbon fiber bottle on the repaired valve as I type this. So far so good! I'll try to send pics tomorrow or Friday. I hate that there's no bipod rail to clamp to. It's a better photo of the rifle standing rather than laying on It's side. Adjusting the hammer spring and regulator I got it to aMax fps of 770. It's advertised as 800 but I just can't get it there without some other mods. Later man! Steven

Reactions: SteveV and Bandito
Waiting on Amazon to ship me my assortment pack of picatinny rails to mount one to the front of the wood stock for a bipod. Should be here Wednesday so I can send photos. It was in the high 50s Sunday and I shot over 200 rounds thru it. Repeatability at its finest! Dime to nickel size max groups all day. I had to put a piece of electrical tape cut to fit over the right side of the tiny pin that keeps creeping out right behind the magazine to keep it from constantly sticking out and I used electrical tape again over all the holes in the rear of the shroud blowing air in your eyes every shot. Just need those mags from Wes so we don't have to reload every time the mag is empty. I'm glad I bought this PCP as it's a real joy to shoot. Take care Joe!

We have this model as the M16D her in SA. It is the regulated version.
M16 is the air tube version and regulated, while M16A has a bottle, but no regulator.

I have both M16 and M16D and absolutely love them. The M16 is a poor man's Daystate Huntsman Revere.
Hello / Welcome to the thread. Did not know that the SA version of the M16A was not regulated. The one I got from Canada is a regulated M16A. And LOL on the "poor mans" Daystate. I agree as well. I really have enjoyed mine but have only had it for 1 year. Can you post up a nice picture of yours?

Cheers, Joe

We have this model as the M16D her in SA. It is the regulated version.
M16 is the air tube version and regulated, while M16A has a bottle, but no regulator.

I have both M16 and M16D and absolutely love them. The M16 is a poor man's Daystate Huntsman Revere.
Glad you have one as well! I've only had my M16A regulated 25 caliber for 5 days. Still getting things worked out with it. The pin behind the magazine well is so loose that after 25 shots or so you look down and see it's sticking out a quarter inch. It kept doing it so I cut a small piece of electrical tape and covered it so it doesn't work it's way out anymore. Have it shooting dime size groups at 25 to 30 yards which is fantastic as far as I'm concerned! Great shooting rifle and I couldn't be happier with it. Keep enjoying your's as well and if you have any tips please let us know. Take care and happy shooting.

Wow, I ordered the mags from Wes a day after you did. Mine got here today! I've never got anything from him without waiting 10 days to 2 weeks. But 5 days? I definitely don't like them as well as every pellet you load you have to use a small screwdriver or Allen key to push them down into magazine. When his order gets in I'll order 5 of the nicer ones with the clear rotating cover. Take care Joe!

Hello / Welcome to the thread. Did not know that the SA version of the M16A was not regulated. The one I got from Canada is a regulated M16A. And LOL on the "poor mans" Daystate. I agree as well. I really have enjoyed mine but have only had it for 1 year. Can you post up a nice picture of yours?

Cheers, Joe
Hi, Joe and everyone interested in these fine accurate rifles. Got my pic rail assortment in and used the smallest one in the package to modify and mount on the rifle. The weather here in Missouri warmed up to 60 degrees so I shot about 150 rounds in 25 cal today and the wind is down to 3 mph. The JSB Exact Diabolo 25.39 and the H&N Hornets are the most accurate in this rifle. Tried Air Arms, some H&N Hunter Extreme and some Griffin 41 grain hollow point slugs and no luck with any of these others. The pics are of the rifle of course and the targets and the groups this baby makes over and over if you can hold still! 25 yards is the distance. My favorite rifle I own for sure, the Avenger and Gauntlet are jealous now! Lol

IMG_20240328_173842.jpg

IMG_20240328_173933.jpg

IMG_20240328_174127.jpg

IMG_20240328_174014.jpg

IMG_20240328_173913.jpg

Reactions: minusprevious
^^^Well that is super, super nice! Laser beam! Looks like dime size accuracy. Like the scope & the high quality rings! With these guns, the scopes sometimes cost more than the gun LOL. I run a Vortex DB 4-16 x 44. Question. Curious how you mounted the bipod base? May consider doing the same

Cheers, Joe
It's a Discovery Optics 6x24x44 scope on mine. It was about $90.00 bucks on Amazon. Has a nice fine retical for precision shooting.

Reactions: minusprevious