Snowpeak Artemis M16A Owners Thread

Gents, Picked up my first PCP 1 year ago. Got the M16A (.22). My last air gun was the Sheridan pump (if that tells ya something)

Certainly not the most popular piece out there, but I have been impressed (thus far). Never tuned, just added a D-FL moderator, carbon tank & 3D printed adjustable butt piece & the Vortex DB 4-16. Been tracking approx 870 FPS using the JSB 18.13 gr. Does that sound right to you guys?

Curious how many of us on the boards own this model?

Cheers, Joe
P4260167.JPG

P3090151.JPG

Last edited:
Good looking rifle there!
I had a tube version of the M16 years ago from a guy that imported a bunch of SPA guns. I believe it was Mike @ Mrodair.
Anyways it’s was a great little gun and Ive always regretted letting it go..

The good news is that Stoeger is coming out with a version of this rifle called the xm1 scout and ranger.
Scout being the carbine and ranger being a full length rifle, both are tube guns with out the bottle.
I’ll be anxiously awaiting the release in the meantime so that I can have another one of these light weight, sweet rifles.

This is my “custom” M16A with a 23” TJ slug barrel. Reg is set at 115 bar shooting the 25.39 JSB at 860. Not exactly sure what modifications Veradium Air did to the gun, but this is what I got. I think it’s got a lot of play room, which I may take advantage of when I do some slug testing. I did end up drilling out the valve retaining pin hole to 3mm and replacing the crappy valve retaining pins Brian used with a 3mm hardened stainless pin. She’s very consistent now and will stack pellets at 50 yards easily. This gun has given me nothing but problems when I got it from Brian. Mostly attributed to the multiple broken valve retaining pins. Brian used cut down drill bits for pins and I think that is a no go. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the problems have been resolved and I can now enjoy.
IMG_8475.jpeg

I ordered one in 25 caliber yesterday. I have a 5L carbon fiber bottle laying around I'll put on it when it gets here. I hear nothing but great things about this rifle. Can't wait to shoot it when it arrives! Too bad it only ships with one magazine.
Awesome. Where did you order from? The only place I know of is: Air Archery in Canada. .25 cal is a beast (FPE!). Post up some pics after you receive. Cheers, Joe

Wes is out of them at Airgun Archery Fun in Canada. He's still waiting for customs in China to release them. And nobody has the mags as it only comes with one, I need at least 2 more maybe 3 in 25 cal. I ordered it off eBay just search M16A and it comes right up! I believe it's Lastworld. He's almost out!

Interesting a new M16 thread-

a few years ago there was a lot of hype about these M16 and M16a and Diana Outlaw.
I bought a M16 in .177 to test out and because it was cheap.

When I received it and opened the box, there were a bunch of steel pins in the bottom of the box.
And it could not shoot- Pins was from the triggerbox.

I desided to take up the challenge of fixing this myself, but I should have returned the box.
Anyway an awful smell made me disassemble the complete rifle and clean all parts for hars greas /tar smell.
Regreesed - and exchanged all steel pins to oversize so they would stay in place.
I also purchased a huma regulator and replaced the oem regulator.

Cleaned the barrel proberly and started to test shoot.
And not happy about the trigger and the grouping.
Speed was very reliable with a very low spread.

So after trying a lot of pellets at various speeds I gave up.
I ordered a Weihrauch HW 100 .177 / 600 mm barrel and machined it to fit the Artemis M16.
I did several improvements to the trigger but the geometry is very bad.
My trigger thoug is now acceptable.

With the new HW barrel it shoots very accurate and with a very low spread in speed.
Only anoing is the look on the stock and the feeling from cocking the rifle is a bit short and hard.

But it shoots very good and with a cheap standard Weihrauch moderater it is verly quiet too.
It is not pellet fuzzy at all. I ended up lowering the reg. pressure to 80 bar to shoot JSB Heavy 10.34 gr in the garden.
It also shoots the JSB 10.03 Knockouts like a laser out to 60-80 meters - a 10 shots group is smaller than 1 inch at 75 m if the wind is reasonable.

I dont know how it performs as a heavier slugshooter since I wanted to keep it as a garden shooter.

But I should originally have purchased the Diana Outlook instead. It was about 20% more expensive but also have a lot of Diana improvements. Much nicer stock, a modified trigger geometry that makes it much lighter and more crisp. Some say that the barrel is different on the Diana models.

I rarely take it out for shooting - but this new thread did it - I want to shoot it again in the weekend.

I will shoot some fotos of the accuracy and the rifle in the weekend too.

20191130_133941.jpg

Interesting a new M16 thread-

a few years ago there was a lot of hype about these M16 and M16a and Diana Outlaw.
I bought a M16 in .177 to test out and because it was cheap.

When I received it and opened the box, there were a bunch of steel pins in the bottom of the box.
And it could not shoot- Pins was from the triggerbox.

I desided to take up the challenge of fixing this myself, but I should have returned the box.
Anyway an awful smell made me disassemble the complete rifle and clean all parts for hars greas /tar smell.
Regreesed - and exchanged all steel pins to oversize so they would stay in place.
I also purchased a huma regulator and replaced the oem regulator.

Cleaned the barrel proberly and started to test shoot.
And not happy about the trigger and the grouping.
Speed was very reliable with a very low spread.

So after trying a lot of pellets at various speeds I gave up.
I ordered a Weihrauch HW 100 .177 / 600 mm barrel and machined it to fit the Artemis M16.
I did several improvements to the trigger but the geometry is very bad.
My trigger thoug is now acceptable.

With the new HW barrel it shoots very accurate and with a very low spread in speed.
Only anoing is the look on the stock and the feeling from cocking the rifle is a bit short and hard.

But it shoots very good and with a cheap standard Weihrauch moderater it is verly quiet too.
It is not pellet fuzzy at all. I ended up lowering the reg. pressure to 80 bar to shoot JSB Heavy 10.34 gr in the garden.
It also shoots the JSB 10.03 Knockouts like a laser out to 60-80 meters - a 10 shots group is smaller than 1 inch at 75 m if the wind is reasonable.

I dont know how it performs as a heavier slugshooter since I wanted to keep it as a garden shooter.

But I should originally have purchased the Diana Outlook instead. It was about 20% more expensive but also have a lot of Diana improvements. Much nicer stock, a modified trigger geometry that makes it much lighter and more crisp. Some say that the barrel is different on the Diana models.

I rarely take it out for shooting - but this new thread did it - I want to shoot it again in the weekend.

I will shoot some fotos of the accuracy and the rifle in the weekend too.

View attachment 445753
Looks like a very fine shooter!

Reactions: minusprevious
Wes is out of them at Airgun Archery Fun in Canada. He's still waiting for customs in China to release them. And nobody has the mags as it only comes with one, I need at least 2 more maybe 3 in 25 cal. I ordered it off eBay just search M16A and it comes right up! I believe it's Lastworld. He's almost out!
I had messaged Wes some months back as I was not seeing any M16A's on his site. He noted he should be getting some stock in by 2024 but obviously there are issues? I found Lastworld on Ebay, as you noted, & see that .25 cal (1 left LOL). Curious when you get yours & your thoughts. Not really needing anything more than what I have now but that .25 interests me. Cheers

I had messaged Wes some months back as I was not seeing any M16A's on his site. He noted he should be getting some stock in by 2024 but obviously there are issues? I found Lastworld on Ebay, as you noted, & see that .25 cal (1 left LOL). Curious when you get yours & your thoughts. Not really needing anything more than what I have now but that .25 interests me. Cheers
Got a message from FedEx saying it will be delivered Tuesday. I just hope it's not a lemon when it gets here! He has free returns but shipping will probably be $35.00.

Reactions: Bandito
Got a message from FedEx saying it will be delivered Tuesday. I just hope it's not a lemon when it gets here! He has free returns but shipping will probably be $35.00.
That's good news. I know its a chance when we order from overseas (Lastworld is shipping from Los Angeles?) . I just received an order from Taiwan for my sportscar & it was shipped UPS Worldwide & was delivered in 5 days. On a side note: Just ordered 2 more .22 mags from Wes yesterday as I only had one left (this supply issue made me think about stocking up =)