Artemis M16A - affordable PCP; Worth a look?

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
I am reviewing this affordable Entry level PCP for Wes of AirGunArcheryFun. It is the Artemis M16A, .22 calibre high power version.

To be honest, I didn't know anything about this gun before getting my hands on it. I am learning as I go and hopefully I will be able to share my findings with you.

This is a regulated PCP that comes with a 10 shots magazine and a single loading tray with an option to upgrade to a carbon fibre bottle.
I learned about this gun from a friend who suggested that I contact Wes and offer to do a free review for him. To my delight, my wish was granted and Wes actually proposed a payment for my review which I politely declined. I was just happy to be able to play with a new toy.

I was mainly curious to see if an entry level and affordable PCP will be just as accurate and reliable to shoot as my other more expensive guns like my FX, Daystate and AirArm.

I searched the web and found some older videos done by others and they mentioned the gun was decent. So this was my opportunity to test and find out for myself.

Here are my initial thoughts after spending half a day shooting it last Sunday at the farm. My target distance was at 35 yards and it was shooting pretty good with 1/2" 5 shots group so far straight out of the box. The regulator and hammer spring can be adjusted and I am sure with the right adjustments, the groups would get tighter.

I will be doing 50 yards and further accuracy test in the coming weeks. So sit back and enjoy this Part 1 review of this Artemis M16A.

If someone is looking for an affordable PCP, this gun is definitely worth a look.

Cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: pdxFrank
I was able to go out yesterday and did some 50 yards shooting with this new PCP Atemis M16A. It was a very windy morning but I did my best to hit the 3/4" targets. Out of 12, 5 shots group, one in particular group #11, was a shocker to me. My average groups were closed to 1" - 1-1/2" with the wind pushing the AA 18gr pellets around at 50 yards. Nothing to be excited about, but within each 5 shots group, the shots were looking good till a change of wind made the groups larger.

However, this was when things got interesting with group #11. First shot hit just slightly right of target, then 2nd shot hit the same hole. I thought okay, so far so good. Then I squeezed off shot #3 and it too went into the same hole. Now my heart began to race a little bit. Could I put the 4th shot into it or closer? Shot went off and smacked, right beside the hole. OMG, 4 shots were touching with wind blowing in tornado like condition. Would this be the day for me to shoot the best sub MOA group at 50 yards with a gun that I just got and had no experience with it?

I paused before squeezing off shot #5 with anticipation of both excitement and thoughts of disappointment as well as you all know, the last shot always strayed and messed up the perfect Sub MOA group. The pellet disappeared into my shooting box and OMG it happened. My best 50 yards group ever!

The best part of all this unbelievable event was that my Orion Cam setup had captured this on film.

I measured the group and it was slightly larger than 1/4" centre to centre. Yeah, I didn't believe it either, but this Artemis M16A did the impossible accuracy group shot. This gun is no joke. It is affordable and freaking accurate.

Now I know this is one group out of 12 for the day, but at least it showed me that this gun is capable to go against my more expensive PCP.

I will post this video when it is ready, but for the meantime please see this picture and digress and wonder if this was fake or real. LOL.

Cheers.

IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

That really looks to have nice grouping, looks to be a sleeper with good important features getting overlooked. The one feature I see that is really nice is the hot swappable bottle and the externally adjustable regulator. 2nd feature I like is the simplicity of the self indexing magazine and without too much complication, makes it easy to maintain and fix if there is any issues with the mechanism and locks open when you're out of pellets. I know there would be a lot of argument in terms of self indexing magazine if the self indexing mechanism is build in to the gun, i believe the self indexing is the easiest and simpliest it can be without being too complicated, the best feature I like about all the Artemis I have is the magnetic magazine alignment feature, always loved that feature.

@Fuciliere. Yes this gun packed with lots of great features that are standard on high end guns, so it is nice to have them as well in this entry level PCP. Granted the quality might not be as refined as the expensive ones, but the most important is the accuracy and reliability that this gun seems to be producing. This was only my second/third time shooting it so I am hoping as I spent more time with it I will have a better evaluation of this gun.

The prove is the consistent results with paper punching at 50+ yards. If I can squeeze 5 shots into the 3/4" target circle repeatedly (hopefully no wind) then the answer will be obvious. Is this gun shoots as good as one can hope for with a nice price tag?

@Glem.Chally. Thank you for watching and so far the test results were quite promising. I will post the Part 2 video when it is ready.

@AirArcher66. Yes I am beginning to feel the same way after shooting it three times now. Hopefully more trigger time will show more consistent results.

Alex,

like always, your're doing a good job.

And Wes is a good guy to buy this rifle from.
I just checked out the current price as a buddy of mine in the US was looking for a good gun that doesn't break the bank. The M16A is just the gun!

Wes must be running some Summer special on it — it's $365 only right now, here:
https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/artemis-m16a-177-22-25-caliber/
(make sure you switch the webpage from Canadian dollars to US$.... 😄)

I'll be watching your reviews closely. Thanks! 👍🏼

Matthias

Hi Matthias, Wes is definitely a good guy to deal with as he has been very professional and helpful to me. His pricing is reasonable and his shipping cost is the cheapest of all the vendors I have dealt with. Currently these line of Artemis are on sales so a great time to get your hands on one if you are in the market for one. Part 2 video will be posted soon. Thank you for watching.

I was able to go out yesterday and did some 50 yards shooting with this new PCP Atemis M16A. It was a very windy morning but I did my best to hit the 3/4" targets. Out of 12, 5 shots group, one in particular group #11, was a shocker to me. My average groups were closed to 1" - 1-1/2" with the wind pushing the AA 18gr pellets around at 50 yards. Nothing to be excited about, but within each 5 shots group, the shots were looking good till a change of wind made the groups larger.

However, this was when things got interesting with group #11. First shot hit just slightly right of target, then 2nd shot hit the same hole. I thought okay, so far so good. Then I squeezed off shot #3 and it too went into the same hole. Now my heart began to race a little bit. Could I put the 4th shot into it or closer? Shot went off and smacked, right beside the hole. OMG, 4 shots were touching with wind blowing in tornado like condition. Would this be the day for me to shoot the best sub MOA group at 50 yards with a gun that I just got and had no experience with it?

I paused before squeezing off shot #5 with anticipation of both excitement and thoughts of disappointment as well as you all know, the last shot always strayed and messed up the perfect Sub MOA group. The pellet disappeared into my shooting box and OMG it happened. My best 50 yards group ever!

The best part of all this unbelievable event was that my Orion Cam setup had captured this on film.

I measured the group and it was slightly larger than 1/4" centre to centre. Yeah, I didn't believe it either, but this Artemis M16A did the impossible accuracy group shot. This gun is no joke. It is affordable and freaking accurate.

Now I know this is one group out of 12 for the day, but at least it showed me that this gun is capable to go against my more expensive PCP.

I will post this video when it is ready, but for the meantime please see this picture and digress and wonder if this was fake or real. LOL.

Cheers.

View attachment 285911

View attachment 285912
I watched your videos today and was impressed with your presentation skills. Detailed explanation and to the point without unnecessary waffling like an infomercial.
Please test more of these affordable rifles.