• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Artemis has arrived...most of it.

It was difficult to concentrate at work today because I knew that my Artemis was arriving today. I had just bought it from AOA. it was one in their "used" gun selection. Someone had ordered it before and when he received it, the hard case gun box that comes with it had a couple of small dents in it, so he had returned it for one that didn't have any dents. I don't blame him.When you drop that much coin for a limited edition, you want it perfect. I don't believe that he had used the gun before returning it... but I could be wrong. AOA dropped the price on it and I couldn't pass it up.It is such a beauty!
As I excitedly checked out my new baby with an awesome MTC Viper Pro 3-18X50 scope. I wanted to take it to the range out back and give it a try. But wait.... where is the magazine? or the single shot adapter tray for that matter? I checked the box but they are nowhere to be found. The checklist from Daystate indicates that they were included. I called AOA They didn't have a magazine in stock but they will get me the missing parts ASAP. But as you can imagine, that still isn't what I wanted to hear. I suspect that the original purchaser " forgot" to send them back when he rejected the delivery. :( 
I suppose I can still shoot it by hand feeding the pellets into the barrel just like with my Benjamin Discovery. I can only hope That AOA gets the parts to me before I go on vacation to my hunting cabin.

Ya, I am not sure how long it had been available on AOA's website, but once i saw it... well it was love at first site. It didn't take me long to convince myself that buying it instead of the Daystate Regal.
1:It is a limited edition.(probably doesn't shoot any better than the Regal) but oh what a looker with the higher grade wood stock and the beautiful engraving.
2: It came with a very nice hard gun case. and it already had a couple of small dents in it so I don't have to worry about putting the first dent in it myself. :)
3: It had scope mounts already,,,, However they did not fit the MTC Viper Pro, AOA was good enough to give me a great deal on trading them in for some that would work.
4: And... and... and I really really wanted it.:)
I've read some of the posts about A.R.A. (Air Rifle Addiction) but I keep telling myself I can quit any time.... Ya right. Sure I can. :)