• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Artemis GS 1250 gas ram springer -- whaddayathink?

TWO WORDS--- NO...AND...BRAINER.

Screenshot_2020-12-07-15-14-082.1607390376.png

ā˜ ā˜ ā˜ duibuqi zhongguo...

pronounced "dway booĀ chee, jong go (or John GO with foreigner accent) "

Screenshot_2020-09-13-15-16-032.1607390467.png

Screenshot_2020-12-07-15-16-042.1607390376.png

Ich bitteĀ Sie , das war doch selbstverstandlich !!!

Anyone have this gun? Or alternatively the SR 1250 w-a?

Would you buy it again, and why ?

Would you never touch it again -- please share why?

Is it accurate at 50m?

How would you rank it against the Gamo magnum IGT?

Thanks!

šŸ¦

I would search under the FOX brand as its distributed along with all SPA/ARTEMIS in South America under this brand and Artemis in North Western Asia (India Pakistan) there are lots of reviews on youtube.

Thanks Mike. Those LatAm reviews were useful. They did mention the two-ton trigger (and its tendency to break), the nice stock, and the good accuracy. Plus the relatively mild recoil and silent report. They also mentioned the need to use a wrench to disengage the safety. Got the bugger anyway ... Decided to put my modest tuning skills to use and fend off the covid blues.

Sooo ...

- I polished all trigger parts (heavy duty sanding and polishing needed)

- bent the spring somewhat to reduce the tension

- filed down the seer to make for a crisper / snappier second stage. (Photo posted on Airrifle.co.za)

Screenshot_20201210-2345542.1608811262.png

Also cleaned the usual gunk out of the barrel and lapped it with 4000 grain compound.

It shot very well at 35m. But I found the trigger to be still too heavy for a moitionless aim. So I decided to take a little more off the seer. BIG MISTAKE! The gun still cocked but it now went off if the barrel was shut too strongly. It also fired as soon as I disengaged the safety.Ā šŸ˜¬ Imagine a reverse trigger...

It became a quirky & dangerous gun, like in a western movie. Not funny. I was able to bring it back by extending the cut-out in the seer where it slides over its attachment pin. Hours went into this.

Another issue was the threaded pin that fixes the gas spring in the action. Pin is good quality but slightly undersized and not sufficiently tightened. So the spring slid back by a mm, blocking the trigger unit into the action. The trigger unit also has way too much slop in the action, you could wiggle it left and right by several mm.

I ended up making a bus out of thin alu sheeting from a pepsi can to shim the pin and threadlocked it with blue. Also shimmed the trigger unit with the (thicker) sheet from the bottom of a pringles box.Ā 

The thing now shoots well, trigger is a crisp 2 stage but a little heavier than I like. If I had to count my time this would be the most expensive gun I own. Learned a lot though.Ā 

IMG_3499.1608810574.jpg

šŸ¦

If Iā€™m not mistaken itā€™s a b18/19. Crosman makes them cheaper.

I would not be surprised at all if Crosman sold them under its own label. SPA makes several PCPs that are sold by Diana under its own brand -- the Stormrider, the Outlaw, and the Bandit to name just a few.

@Mike: thanks, I think you are right. Could not resist the 130 EUR price tag and the nice wood, and just ordered another one, now in .177 ... To be continued, and I sure intend to go easier on that seer this time around ...

šŸ¦