• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

artemis builds diana airguns 9some models

The diana sky hawk is a artemis p15 built by snow peak. Diana contracted them to build guns for diana.The only bad thing is snow peak could no longer sell their guns in the snow peak name in many countries ,america being one of them.The skyhawk was a big failure.The artemis p15 cost 325 dollars, rebranded with a minelli stock it was over seven hundred dollars. Many of the chinese made diana gun sell extremely well. For me diana meant german made. I guess that no longer matters. Some chine made guns are so good now that german made could not compete

All about costs=money for new tooling etc.Better for the old brands to keep making their old very good air guns and use rebranded Snow Peak air guns for their so-called newer PCP models,,,,again not worth it to German manufactures to invest in that Price point....

Look who buys Turkish made air guns and rebrands them .and those are well received.

Air guns are universal,good ones come from all over the world....we even praise Russian made ones,the consumer wants the best for the money;,many can not afford thousands of dollars,not to worry there are plenty of nice less expensive ones:Like some for every price range....

The thing is getting ,PARTS.....I have some Snow Peak,Artemis pistols and getting parts for them is way too hard.

I really thought by this time some USA machinists would be making custom parts for them sort-like Crosman stuff.

Oh no I have gotten off the subject.

The diana sky hawk is a artemis p15 built by snow peak. Diana contracted them to build guns for diana.The only bad thing is snow peak could no longer sell their guns in the snow peak name in many countries ,america being one of them.The skyhawk was a big failure.The artemis p15 cost 325 dollars, rebranded with a minelli stock it was over seven hundred dollars. Many of the chinese made diana gun sell extremely well. For me diana meant german made. I guess that no longer matters. Some chine made guns are so good now that german made could not compete

What are you talking about ? Diana is just doing it for commercial/financial reasons not because China guns are better then German.

Also that is very, very old news,.....you would thing the most knowlegeble person in the airgun world would know that :) :) 

Yup, many guns are just rebranded China made units. It's sad but it's been that way for years. 

As far as them being just as good as the German made guns it never happened and I doubt it ever will. 

It has been my experience that near one in four items I purchase from China, does not meet it's published specifications, is defective when it arrives at my doorstep or fails soon thereafter and requires repair or replacement. 

That is just one of several reasons I just flat don't buy anything Chinese if I can get around it. 

I accidentally bought a can of mushrooms from China the other day. When I got home and read the label. It contained the Kalifrornia lead warning on it! The warning states that the contents contained lead. It should be against the law to sell food with lead in it. But China is getting more powerful all the time and somehow is exempt from even this?

My actual German made stuff is basically never defective nor does it fail anytime soon.

Actually snowpeak airguns are really decent on a price point. Generally designed and manufactured better than turkish airguns ,hatsan included. Perfect? No actually really far from it but on otherhand Iv never seen perfect one yet.

I also recomend everyone to stay away from them if you are not able to manufacture parts your self.. alltho this same apply to hatsans etc also. If you cant you should never buy airgun that has zero spares available or takes months to get.

But if you can its really hard to find better cheap pcp's for building platforms.