ART BARREL DAYSTATE RW HP AND JSB PELLETS

Here is a tip, few months ago I publish this https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/jsb-monsters-redesigned-22

I just want to share a real test I made with 2 different batch JSB Monsters .22 shooting out of the daystate ART barrel.

This is a group at 75 meters shooting the monsters @ 850 fps, "Deep Base", I get also a very similar group shooting those @ 1000 fps

1589549399_8043976635ebe99572a5c17.24709579.jpg

Nothing spectacular, actually kind of bad (5 shot group)

So let's fix the speed with the programmer

1589549590_129799945ebe9a16d730a1.23042929.jpg

and now, let's change the JSB batch, from deep base, to flat base, if you take a normal look, they are about the same, right?

1589549629_10291399505ebe9a3d764c00.24311174.jpg

But now, let's look at the base:

1589549684_16686294485ebe9a74d24231.62347340.jpg

and the real test, accuracy @ 75 meters, 5 shot group with flat base JSB Monster @ 1000 fps (yes very fast!)

1589549735_15747992655ebe9aa75fab18.28005539.jpg

yes, a big BIG WHOW!!!!

Hope it helps.... if you wonder: is there any way to know from a closed tin of .22 jsb monsters redesigned if it is deep or flat base???, saddly no. Last time I bought 12 tins of those, 5 came with flat base and 7 came with deep base.

IMPORTANT: Other airguns / barrels like more the deep base, and other shoot both ok. And if you want more confusion, there is a third base, this picture was published by Claudio Flores a while ago, that shows the other

1589550020_17481448695ebe9bc4dad906.70509507.jpg

PS: I could keep this to myself to get an advantage in BR Comps, but no, is not the way I am ;)

I found this out about a yr. ago and made reference to it and no one seemed to pay much attention to this?, I even took pics as well, I figured O’well their loss! But you spend a lot of money to get the right lot of these!!!, also same for the 18’s in my RW anyway! This is common in all jsb’s I’ve noticed? Don’t know if it’s different die’s or die’s not in spec’s? I also believe some Barrels are more sensitive to this than others? If your willing to take the time you could machine a adjustable probe which would allow you to shoot any inner skirt “well” depth you wanted! it also seems more of a issue with poly barrels than land and groove barrels? Another way around this is to cut the lead back some allowing fo pellet to seat further into breach, this is similar to bullet seating depth in cf having a impact on accuracy... my two cents anyway! 

I also wonder if pellet is closer to transfer port causing several different issues? I think you know where I’m going with this... a deeper depth skirt means pellet is seated closer to the TP, and many issues with this! It seems to be prevalent in pin type pellet probes IMO. I drove myself crazy 😜 trying to figure why my RW was acting so erratic after I went through my first lot originally purchasing pellets (6 tins) ordered more and didn’t shoot for Sh..t! Ruled out gun went to pellets after! Found this issue. One contradiction to this is the deep dish FX slugs? They shoot great out of my gun?

1589630388_6026622795ebfd5b45531c5.33707487.jpeg
I made this originally for my BM-500, (Very Crude!) It was to test this theory, worked “ok” gave me the info I was looking for... Also used this for testing in the RW, but very Awkward to use because I have to remove SS tray to use it properly! To time consuming for Comp. but already working on version 2! I really think an “adjustable” probe is the Only way to Truly take advantage of this? fiddling with a seater just doesn’t cut it for Me anyway! For testing, it did it’s job🧐...! I first noticed this I believe in the days of the USFT Brand guns made by the guys in Cal. Then the early days of the Thomas rifles, he manufacturers a adjustable One now. There are many on this forum who have vast more knowledge in these Ideas and theories than I ( just need them to read this and chime in!) Therealld, Mike of Thomas air, Arzrover, azuaro, just to name a few.

Hope it helps…. if you wonder: is there any way to know from a closed tin of .22 jsb monsters redesigned if it is deep or flat base???, saddly no. Last time I bought 12 tins of those, 5 came with flat base and 7 came with deep base.

Very interesting Edosan, am I correct in thinking you don't get the "batch coding" labels in the USA on JSB tins? giving you all the information on die number, inspection, run etc. etc?

Hope it helps…. if you wonder: is there any way to know from a closed tin of .22 jsb monsters redesigned if it is deep or flat base???, saddly no. Last time I bought 12 tins of those, 5 came with flat base and 7 came with deep base.

Very interesting Edosan, am I correct in thinking you don't get the "batch coding" labels in the USA on JSB tins? giving you all the information on die number, inspection, run etc. etc?

Not in the new tins with screw cap I got 

1589630388_6026622795ebfd5b45531c5.33707487.jpeg
I made this originally for my BM-500, (Very Crude!) It was to test this theory, worked “ok” gave me the info I was looking for... Also used this for testing in the RW, but very Awkward to use because I have to remove SS tray to use it properly! To time consuming for Comp. but already working on version 2! I really think an “adjustable” probe is the Only way to Truly take advantage of this? fiddling with a seater just doesn’t cut it for Me anyway! For testing, it did it’s job🧐...! I first noticed this I believe in the days of the USFT Brand guns made by the guys in Cal. Then the early days of the Thomas rifles, he manufacturers a adjustable One now. There are many on this forum who have vast more knowledge in these Ideas and theories than I ( just need them to read this and chime in!)

Very interesting