Arrow Pistol...

Cool ! im getting inspired here i confess, how many shots to you reckon one can get at half power, with that longer carbon full size bottle version, and would you reckon a 4500psi compressor could work to refill it ?

i heard vevor makes a new model that plugs into a 12v car battery, and that would be super for my fishing journeys.

I was also wondering if someone could share a photo of what this models looks like working with arrows

Happy sunday
No idea about shot count but I think it should be close to what you looking for,....if you do not have a compressor already get yourself a CS GX 4

Reactions: Bandito
Sure ill have a look at that compressor

Do you have photo or video of the rex shooting arrows ?

appreciate your help
I think if you go to the Big bore arrow section I have a couple threads going, also in the hunting section I have a thread hunting a wild boar with the REX Mini-Carbine .357 .........14.5" barrel, the pistol will have a 10" barrel so it will still be way more powerful then you expect.

Here is a little something I did with my REXs

Dammm Nomatic, that is a nasty cool looking modified gun-arrow shooter

I wonder if i could get those spare parts here, im searching for a local dealer, as the closest to me is in Germany......

looked everywhere online cant seem to find a video of it shooting an arrow or any info on how many shots i could get from the longer tank on half power....

Just a quick update, i asked one of the european shops about this pcp airgun, and how many shots could it get on a full carbon long tank and this is what they replied.....

" Hi there again, Could you be so kind to tell me how many shots can i get on this long P bottle version, on both full power, and half power ? danke"

Good morning TYahgo, You can't really change the power for this gun, you can shoot 5 shots and after 5 shots the power will get weaker. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Im getting more and more confused here.....

Just a quick update, i asked one of the european shops about this pcp airgun, and how many shots could it get on a full carbon long tank and this is what they replied.....

" Hi there again, Could you be so kind to tell me how many shots can i get on this long P bottle version, on both full power, and half power ? danke"

Good morning TYahgo, You can't really change the power for this gun, you can shoot 5 shots and after 5 shots the power will get weaker. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Im getting more and more confused here.....
Correct, there's no power adjustment however there's 2 cocking positions....full cocked and half cock ( like the SamYang big bores )

Good afternooon, another online shop just gave me some more info when i asked how many shots i could get on the larger tank version

"We estimate around 15 shots, depending on what ammunition you use."

After much reading, and please forgive the basic and maybe a little bit silly doubts here, but im a complete begginer, i understood the chosen caliber does also afect the quantity of shots one can get

So this pcp gun version exist in caliber .25, also in 35, and in 45 and 50. So in theory caliber 25 would be less powerfull but with more shots..... right

Cheers guys

Thanks for the wisdom Nomadic ! Ah just outta curiosity, why isnt there bolts for caliber .25 ? arrow / barrel diameter?

Im still waiting on the email from evanix regarding the number of shots at half power.... for all calibers

But in theory you would recommend the caliber .35 right ?

in the meantime another similar pcp model caught my eye, the AGT Vixen (however, not sure if it could shoot arrows, but seem really nice built with a 300bar air tank )

Thanks for the wisdom Nomadic ! Ah just outta curiosity, why isnt there bolts for caliber .25 ? arrow / barrel diameter?

Im still waiting on the email from evanix regarding the number of shots at half power.... for all calibers

But in theory you would recommend the caliber .35 right ?

in the meantime another similar pcp model caught my eye, the AGT Vixen (however, not sure if it could shoot arrows, but seem really nice built with a 300bar air tank )
To Small, Airbolt tried to make arrows for .25 but never did manage to came out with them.

You will not get a meaningful answer with Evanix.

Yes I think .357 is the best for airbolts.

I think the carbon tanks for Evanix are 300 BAR, the Vixen is a nice gun but on the weak side, do they even make a .357 ?

I believe the Vixen is listed as .177 and .22 calibers

"The Rex-P Bottle, made by Evanix, is compact but also very powerful. This ‘Bottle’ variant has an air cylinder of 480 cc on the back side. Fill pressure (bar / psi) 250 / 3626"

This is whats is listed at their website, not sure if you can adapt any other 300bar bottle model....... that would be cool... here's 5 questions:

Could you shoot a 10-12 inch (25-30cm) arrow on your evanix rex p ?
will an arrow consume more or less air than shooting a pellet ?
and as for pellets or slugs whats the distance you get on the .35 ? (and which pellets slugs, specs would you recommend)
will the .45 and .50 get higher distances right ?
when you say airbolts, what is the difference to an arrow, are these the hollow types of arrows you insert?

The other models that caught m eye was the FX Impact (m3 if i remember right) which claimed around 700 shots and there was an options to interchange between calibers i believe

Apologies on the all mixed questions, begginer here doin a ton of research....

Last edited:
I believe the Vixen is listed as .177 and .22 calibers

"The Rex-P Bottle, made by Evanix, is compact but also very powerful. This ‘Bottle’ variant has an air cylinder of 480 cc on the back side. Fill pressure (bar / psi) 250 / 3626"

This is whats is listed at their website, not sure if you can adapt any other 300bar bottle model....... that would be cool... here's 5 questions:

Could you shoot a 10-12 inch (25-30cm) arrow on your evanix rex p ?
will an arrow consume more or less air than shooting a pellet ?
and as for pellets or slugs whats the distance you get on the .35 ? (and which pellets slugs, specs would you recommend)
will the .45 and .50 get higher distances right ?
when you say airbolts, what is the difference to an arrow, are these the hollow types of arrows you insert?

The other models that caught m eye was the FX Impact (m3 if i remember right) which claimed around 700 shots and there was an options to interchange between calibers i believe

Apologies on the all mixed questions, begginer here doin a ton of research....
The arroe has to be cut so the nock is right in front of the valve and the guide rests on the crown ( like in the pictures on my thread )
The inline system increases power with weight of projectile so yes shooting arrows will consume much more air then pellets

Very accurate with the JSB pellets but I never shoot for distance I'm a close quarter hunter.

Sure however not sure if im following what you are saying

these are the airbolts, after what i have researched
airbolt2.jpg
airbolt1.jpg

and these are the arrows i shoot in my crossbow, they dont even have nocks (they are 6mm diameter and around 12inch long) will they work fine or do i have to replace the backend?
5167sDPxwvL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_.jpg

i also wanted to ask,
1-do the pellets need to be a specific caliber for a .35 ?
2- and last but not least what type of pressure (bar-psi) compressor should i get for the evanix rex p ?

thanks alot for your help man

Last edited:
JSB is the only one making .357 cal pellets, then you can buy bullets I used to buy and have a lot left over from Matt's Bullets.

No the crossbow arrows will not work, you need the rear nock to seal the barrel like a bullet/pellet and impart rotation to the arrow and you need the front aluminum guide to rest on the crown to make the arrow shoot straight

I would get the GX CS4, just check reviews on the compressor section here.

Thanks you very much for all the help, its getting more transparent now :) i will have that under consideration, just one last one, whats the bolt diameter for the evanix rex p ? i saw you made your own bolts, but where can one get these bullet types of nocks and the front aluminium guides ?

GX CS4 sounds a great unit, but a bit too expensive for me at this moment, will the vevor red one do the job too right ?

happy shootings

Thanks you very much for all the help, its getting more transparent now :) i will have that under consideration, just one last one, whats the bolt diameter for the evanix rex p ? i saw you made your own bolts, but where can one get these bullet types of nocks and the front aluminium guides ?

GX CS4 sounds a great unit, but a bit too expensive for me at this moment, will the vevor red one do the job too right ?

happy shootings
No, no I did not make my own I just cut down the AirBolts to match the barrels 20" for the rifle and 14.5" for the carbine, not hard at all just follow the process on my thread.

if you do end up getting a .357 REX I have 6 Airbolt and a bunch of Pellets/Bullets I could sell you and you save a bunch of money,.......where are you by the way ?