Arkens Light weight scopes

SO while surfing web New Years Eve I saw a review on the new Arken scopes and wondering if anyone tried them yet , I pulled the trigger and ordered one last night , I did not need a scope but I always have to try every new scope which is out there lol . I was very imressed by just how light they were , Hey I had gotten evey model Arken made while I loved them for the money , I did get rid of all of them for 2 reasons the power wheels were hard I mean very hard and in extreme cold they got stiffer , other thing is their scopes weighed more then any optic I owned ,
So when I saw these light weight ones I just had to get one , I went for the Mil version I prefer them , Now I kicked it around on the 4x16 or 6x24 , most of my hunting is done with 6 to 10 x so the 4x16 seemed to be best for me , but I went with the 6x24 as the price was pretty much same like $20 difference , Also the weight of the 4x16 and the 6x24 both weigh 23 ounces , I cant understand the 4x16 is same weight but maybe it is a misprint of this but Ill update my findings ,cant weight
So chime in guys anyone get one yet if so Please tell me how is it ??????????????????????????
LOU

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Most scopes with 34 MM tubes are 30+ oz. You think the Arken is heavy? Try lifting a 48 oz. Vortex Razor. You need wheels for this baby.
@jps2486 Well damn. That’s heavy! Those types of scopes don’t sound like something I’d have much use for out hunting. I’m interested in learning more about these lighter scopes though. I wasn’t under the impression the the ones the OP mentioned were 34mm tubes.

Imagine how cool it would be if we could get a scope purpose built for use on a PCP.

Surely they could make one much lighter if the thing didn't have to be built to survive on a .375 H&H Mag and everything else.

Also shave off weight by leaving out the unnecessary fluff like illuminated reticles and huge exposed zero-stop turrets and so on.

Reactions: Struckat
I think you should review @JungleShooter's comprehensive PDF on scopes! He has listed the ones that are made primarily for air guns (MTC has one, Hawke AirMax line, etc.)

I have an ELP4 6x24 on one of my rifles and so far am very pleased with it, but like @Ezana4CE says the lower the weight the better for hunting. My "moving" hunting rig is a light as I can get it!

Also shave off weight by leaving out the unnecessary fluff like illuminated reticles and huge exposed zero-stop turrets and so on.

My dear thumper,

I would like to strongly disagree with you.... 😄
I'm not disagreeing with you that there should be scopes that shave off any weight possible. Sure, I think it's great if scope manufacturers give us rather more than less options (though more options will increase prices overall).

I would like to disagree with you on that illuminated reticles and exposed zero-stop turrets "are unnecessary"..... 😄
They are probably unnecessary to you.
They are probably unnecessary to those shooters that have chosen to use holdoff rather than turret dialing to adjust their POI.
They are probably unnecessary to those shooters that only shoot within their point blank range.
They are probably unnecessary to stalking short-range squirrel hunters.

But to me they are deal breakers.
Because I have made other choices in how, where, and at what I shoot my guns.... 😉

Imagine how cool it would be if we could get a scope purpose built for use on a PCP.
Surely they could make one much lighter if the thing didn't have to be built to survive on a .375 H&H Mag and everything else.

Yes, and YES, that would be cool to get. And probably with a significant price decrease.

⭐ Happy New Year! Let's see what scopes we'll get offered this year.

Matthias

My dear thumper,

I would like to strongly disagree with you.... 😄
I'm not disagreeing with you that there should be scopes that shave off any weight possible. Sure, I think it's great if scope manufacturers give us rather more than less options (though more options will increase prices overall).

I would like to disagree with you on that illuminated reticles and exposed zero-stop turrets "are unnecessary"..... 😄
They are probably unnecessary to you.
They are probably unnecessary to those shooters that have chosen to use holdoff rather than turret dialing to adjust their POI.
They are probably unnecessary to those shooters that only shoot within their point blank range.
They are probably unnecessary to stalking short-range squirrel hunters.

But to me they are deal breakers.
Because I have made other choices in how, where, and at what I shoot my guns.... 😉

Yes, and YES, that would be cool to get. And probably with a significant price decrease.

⭐ Happy New Year! Let's see what scopes we'll get offered this year.

Matthias
Well the OP seemed to be looking for a hunting scope. That's what I based my comment towards.

A guy shooting World Class in FT may require all of those things, so I agree with you there.

It would just sure be nice to have the option to buy the one with just what you need.

Reactions: JungleShooter
Put 1 on my HFT rig the 6x24 . Like it so far .
20230101_142347.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
SO while surfing web New Years Eve I saw a review on the new Arken scopes and wondering if anyone tried them yet , I pulled the trigger and ordered one last night , I did not need a scope but I always have to try every new scope which is out there lol . I was very imressed by just how light they were , Hey I had gotten evey model Arken made while I loved them for the money , I did get rid of all of them for 2 reasons the power wheels were hard I mean very hard and in extreme cold they got stiffer , other thing is their scopes weighed more then any optic I owned ,
So when I saw these light weight ones I just had to get one , I went for the Mil version I prefer them , Now I kicked it around on the 4x16 or 6x24 , most of my hunting is done with 6 to 10 x so the 4x16 seemed to be best for me , but I went with the 6x24 as the price was pretty much same like $20 difference , Also the weight of the 4x16 and the 6x24 both weigh 23 ounces , I cant understand the 4x16 is same weight but maybe it is a misprint of this but Ill update my findings ,cant weight
So chime in guys anyone get one yet if so Please tell me how is it ??????????????????????????
LOU
I ordered one also, I've got 1 other Arken, I really like the reticle, my Titians are fine but the cross hairs at 24x are FAT. Haven't had any problem with the Arken in the cold but we rarely get below 40º here. Both of my Titians needed turret o-rings lubed, after 6 months, SERIOUSLY???

mine was not lube they needed throw levers and here I hunt below zero , I liked scopes but I think I will like the lighter weight ones and hopefully the zoom will be smoother , the glass was great for price alot of guys on youtube review them saying they as good as PM2 (schmidt benders ) they were great for money but not as good as I own PM2s ,Alot of people who review seem to not make super honest reviews like salesmans lol
JPS I do own one of them Razor 40 plus ounce scopes , for bench I dont mind heavy scpes I own many Tier one heavy units but I prefer my hunting scopes Light and to track and be durable , I found Arkens to be durable

This seems promising. The heft of the other Arkens was a deal breaker. Simply too much additional weight to be toting around on a hunt. I guess it’s advantageous for a bench rest shooter.
Facts thats why im selling mine its a deal breaker thats why im selling my ep5, I think il get 2 4x16 an 2 6x24 I dont know I can aquire targets good in 6x I love the illumination element missing out on this, Even in bright daylight 6 power I can see it so despite the crosshair being so thin the illumination stands right out I can shoot an aquire the target in daylight on low power so big game hunting dark timber if your eyes cant pick up the thin crosshair like I cant when its dark around especially on lower power its like a big zoomed in red dot thats very very detailed so gotta love arkens.

LOU
I know right the weight is like the same as well as the price makes it harder for me to pick its like man they say less mag is more but sometimes I want the mag I find my self in fact using 24 a lotta the times when its a bright day out an target shooting I can get that edge on detail with the x24 if it's bridge out, But I don't know hatsan blitz 4x target acquisition would be a bit better I dont know hard to pick, Although I find my self not even using the x24 I go to like x20 in darker timber it gets dark at x24 an a bit more foggy but you dont notice it all that much when your like shooting at targets lit by nearbysun or anything near good sunlight just no problem on x24 if your steady.