Arken Zulus First Testing Mini Review....

Won't have time to test till this weekend, but was hoping someone already knows. If I want to shoot the same rifle, same projectile but at a different fps, do I upload the correct ballistic chart from the app and then select the appropriate zero profile from the scope?

Edit: Going to answer my own question... looks like that is correct. Found the following forum discussion with the answer on post #320

Won't have time to test till this weekend, but was hoping someone already knows. If I want to shoot the same rifle, same projectile but at a different fps, do I upload the correct ballistic chart from the app and then select the appropriate zero profile from the scope?

Edit: Going to answer my own question... looks like that is correct. Found the following forum discussion with the answer on post #320
You are correct

Reactions: Treks
After uploading a ballistic chart from the app I can see the BC in settings, but when I double tap the LRF button I get the message "Out of range". All the inputs look right. I am getting the error at any distance. Any suggestions?

Edit: Magnification is at 5x and using my zero distance still results in the "Out of range" message. Device is also in chart mode, not real time.

Edit 2: So I tried real time to see if that would work, and it would then only give my the LRF range and not the "Out of range" message. I reuploaded the BC and switched back to chart mode and everything started working.
I noticed with mine that you have to put the lrf reticle on the top left on what you are ranging or or gets fussy. Makes sense tho because the range finder isnt bore aligned.

My big question is, is there a way to load the ballistics data into the scope without having to keep your phone on you in bluetooth? Without a Bluetooth connection I can range but it won't produce a firing solution without the phone. I get that for the price the zulus might be leaning on the phones processor. Any help appreciated on lowering the learning curve on the scope.

I noticed with mine that you have to put the lrf reticle on the top left on what you are ranging or or gets fussy. Makes sense tho because the range finder isnt bore aligned.

My big question is, is there a way to load the ballistics data into the scope without having to keep your phone on you in bluetooth? Without a Bluetooth connection I can range but it won't produce a firing solution without the phone. I get that for the price the zulus might be leaning on the phones processor. Any help appreciated on lowering the learning curve on the scope.
Yeah I had that issue once and never again, just chalked it up to a quirk. Bought a second Zulus and never had an issue on that one.
Are you doing real time or table cell for your BC? If using table cell you only have to upload the ballistic chart and bluetooth is no longer needed.

Reactions: L.Leon
Yeah I had that issue once and never again, just chalked it up to a quirk. Bought a second Zulus and never had an issue on that one.
Are you doing real time or table cell for your BC? If using table cell you only have to upload the ballistic chart and bluetooth is no longer needed.
Thank you, I was doing real time. I will have to try table cell. I had a feeling it needed the other option. Much appreciated

Reactions: Treks
Hello and welcome. I have a question about Arken Zulus HD5-20R lrf. Is it possible to enable permanent distance measurement, as in Pard na-008?
So once you add the ballistic data the 1st press of the lrf button gives you the range and is continuously ranging, while a second press activates the ballastic data of the range you want to shoot. As long as you don't hit the lrf button again it will stay at your previous range. So let's say your zero is 25y and you ranged 75 you will have those 2 points on the reticle.

Last edited: