Arken Zulus First Testing Mini Review....

Say Matt thanks for your extensive NV labors which no doubt saved countless others a good size pile of hard earned frog skins.
I had been watching E-bay and then this deal just popped so I jumped on it for $495.00 with no waiting.
Grab it fast only as there are only nine left at this price point. :unsure:

I take the rubber eye piece off on all my night scopes the exposed light has never spooked any game just my preference. I actually find it opposite the I screen image always seems a tad better than the video playback.
I took off the rubber eyepiece and am enjoying the scope more now. Can wait for warmer nights…

I took out both Zulus today to the range to sight them in. One is with the LRF and one is without. I put the LRF version on a new Krait L 25 and literally zeroed it in about 3 shots at 30 yards. I didn't have the ballistics setup so I used the LRF to tell me the range around 50 yards and just did hold overs - very impressed with the quality of the view at 20x. I had the non-LRF on my Uragan 25 and again it took a couple shots to zero it in at 30 yards. Then shot it out to 50 with holdovers. Probably the first digital scope I have that I would say I might use during the day instead of all glass. And for some reason I can get away with using the eye piece... maybe its because I am completely bald!

My only critique so far is how fine the reticle lines are for the MIL and MOA reticles. Even at 20x the center dot is hard to see no matter what the color choice or background. I'm going to give it a go with the larger simple crosshair reticle. It's much easier to see. The problem is I use holdover for distance, usually for the closer shots as I zero at 30 yards and take shots at less than 10 yards for the especially stupid squirrels and rabbits.
FYI I have the non lrf version.

Reactions: SHOMER
@dens228 - So the solution to your dilemma is to set a profile for each distance increment. Now agreed it is a PITA when you are hunting to switch them out quick, but that would let you setup 1,2,5,10 yard distance profiles that would let you use the center to line up your shot. I'm getting better at switching them out but at 20x I can see the graduations so I can still hold over as needed. I'm also getting better at swapping out the profile... just a bit of muscle memory - which is now better than my brain! LOL

Reactions: SHOMER and dens228
After uploading a ballistic chart from the app I can see the BC in settings, but when I double tap the LRF button I get the message "Out of range". All the inputs look right. I am getting the error at any distance. Any suggestions?

Edit: Magnification is at 5x and using my zero distance still results in the "Out of range" message. Device is also in chart mode, not real time.

Edit 2: So I tried real time to see if that would work, and it would then only give my the LRF range and not the "Out of range" message. I reuploaded the BC and switched back to chart mode and everything started working.

Last edited:
Any BlueTooth connectivity issues out there?

I did... no device could recognize the Scope. I had to delete app and re-upload the software. With that said it my phone now recognize the scope and vis-versa.
I didn't have any issues with Bluetooth but when I first set it up I had to allow location for the app so the wifi would pair.

couple things software items could be updated to make it better. Though so far love it and love it way more than (ATN PRO).
Yes, I'd like thicker lines on the MOA reticle and an actual crosshair instead of the useless tiny little dot.
Here's a video from a few hours ago. An added benefit of recording is also seeing why you missed. I thought I just flat out missed but it turns out I hit a small branch that was in front of me.

I have spoken with them about that it's something they are willing to do just not sure when.
Yesterday would have been good, I'd love to have a few words with them. IMO that reticle should never have happened they tried to copy the FFP's but messed up on the coding and I've yet to find a contrast or brightness control. I prefer the Zulus screen over the PARD 035 but the PARD has more controls. Also it turns out they ship with a 35 MOA mount over the pond, I'd be thrilled with a 20 MOA mount.

I want to make a small retraction/correction, as you increase the zoom the reticle does increase, but, IMHO, because the reticle is so small it's very hard to see the increase.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOMER and L.Leon
Yesterday would have been good, I'd love to have a few words with them. IMO that reticle should never have happened they tried to copy the FFP's but messed up on the coding and I've yet to find a contrast or brightness control. I prefer the Zulus screen over the PARD 085 but the PARD has more controls. Also it turns out they ship with a 35 MOA mount over the pond, I'd be thrilled with a 20 MOA mount.
The reason behind the no contrast was they found the optimal setting and kept it there for ease of use. The brightness is the sun button on the right on master controls. Yours came with a 0 moa mount? Also with any new product tweaks need to be made to make it better. From what I have seen and heard the arken global team is listening and making tweaks when they can.

• Wow
Reactions: SHOMER
The reason behind the no contrast was they found the optimal setting and kept it there for ease of use. The brightness is the sun button on the right on master controls. Yours came with a 0 moa mount? Also with any new product tweaks need to be made to make it better. From what I have seen and heard the arken global team is listening and making tweaks when they can.
Yes, apparently the USA gets 0 MOA, the Brits get 35's. This thing isn't new or even close to it. I don't dislike it but it's got some issues that stop it from being very nice. If I had a mill I'd shave off a bit off of the top and boom, a 20 MOA mount.