Arken optics sh4 6-24x50 - Review

All scope manufacturers have problems even those who sells $2,500 scopes ... we are putting on the line a $399 scope..find me something that cost $399 or less with a 16 or 24 power that has the same quality 34mm tube etc.. I have one sh4 4x14x44 awesome scope for $350 shipped..I found them at par with the Hawkes I used to have. when new those scopes were new they cost $600 shipped twice the money..I have one of the ep4 6x24x50 n I saw a review of some one saying that he could not se a hair if the rope at a 100y whattttt..I test mine ep4 n yup the focus is different..but is not a damage...could se a bee at 20 power at 94y .I purchase one of those alpha 9 .. n I did the same thing that with the element scope I don't like it so back it went...didn't se a difference between that and a expensive UTG by a few personal experience what ever the glass works for my eyes it not necessary work with your.. I purchase here a high $$ scope and the glass was so horrible for me that I even call the seller to ask him if that piece of crap was counterfeit .he send me all the purchase papers,, n I sold it to a neighbor after he see the scope and liked the glass a lot..scope glass is the same as the doctor gives a prescription...my prescription might not work for you ,they do their best to fit every body with the same product..all scope manufacturers do ..so is a pain and expensive process but you have to test the scopes for your self.. and decide what works for your eyes better.....if those Arken were trash to I just tell everyone, so they can't say nobody told them sell them n move on they are not paying me to say that are good ..

I just hope and pray for everyone's sake that Arken steps up their customer service 1000%. I got zero reply from them inquiring if I just gotten a defect or if all were crappy like the one I had. Mine as way way way worse than the Aztec Emerald. It's the closest scope comparison that comes to mind so everyone can relate in optics. Even the Athlon Argos BTR Gen1 appeared to be a noticeably clearer scope in comparison and that's pretty bad for a 34mm tube vs 30mm Athlon.

The 4-14x Arken appeared to have at least 4 levels higher up in glass quality but there are other scopes that are also 4-14x and just as clear for roughly half to one third its price. It's like paying for a US Optics TS12 in this case.

Argos BTR Gen1 appeared to be a noticeably clearer scope in comparison and that's pretty bad for a 34mm tube vs 30mm Athlon.

34mm will not give you more light compared to a 30mm. Imagine 2 scopes exactly the same but one with 34mm tube and another with 30mm, what you will get from the 34mm one is more internal travel not more light.

You will get more light if you change 2 things... Objective size (going from 50mm to 56mm) or you change the glass 

I'm just throwing this out because I noticed it's a very common misconception that 34mm will give you more light.

For those wanting one...they are heavy scopes I purchase 2 ep4 the for the Texans .. if you gun is not a big one or powerful one ,impact ,maverick, Daystate HP , extreme B-B ..you get the idea..for bench work this is not the scope .. I don't think this could be the scope for bullpubs because of the weight..unless is a taipan long - or a cricket. 25 frame.. I tested one in my standard cricket and it makes a really portable gun in to a bench gun..if you don't shoot 90y+ is a waist .. for 90y and under you be better with a way smaller scope 16 or 18 power is more than enough in a 30mm tube..for small air guns..

For those wanting one...they are heavy scopes I purchase 2 ep4 the for the Texans .. if you gun is not a big one or powerful one ,impact ,maverick, Daystate HP , extreme B-B ..you get the idea..for bench work this is not the scope .. I don't think this could be the scope for bullpubs because of the weight..unless is a taipan long - or a cricket. 25 frame.. I tested one in my standard cricket and it makes a really portable gun in to a bench gun..if you don't shoot 90y+ is a waist .. for 90y and under you be better with a way smaller scope 16 or 18 power is more than enough in a 30mm tube..for small air guns..

It's heavy!!

This is me every time I take the priest out of the floor!

giphy.gif

After having the arken Ep4 6x24x50 a few weeks in a bullpub just for testing , i purchase a pair for the Texans , is definitely staying in the Texans is really not the scope for a bullpub. Or light air rifle. and when the sh4 arrives since it weight the same to the .223 condor it goes that is a bench scope only..nothing bad with that weight is clearly in their website..and is a scope marketed for long range shootin..even the 4x16 weight almost the same as the 6x24..... those buying that crimson scopes must be going to the GYM .. be ready for some exercise 😁