• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I’ve got two Arken EPL-4 6x24 FFP scopes.

I also have an Athlon Midas Tac 6x24 FFP.

The EPL-4 and Midas Tac have similar reticles - in that they both utilize a floating center dot.

Using the Thirty Yard Challenge target for reference (at 30 yards distance), the center dots of both the EPL-4 and Midas Tac both fit inside the .13” (1/8”) 10-ring on the target at 24x magnification.

The Midas Tac dot is smaller than the EPL-4s at 24x, but both are fine enough for precision target shooting. The EPL-4 has nice llumination (just the center area - which I like - rather than the entire reticle lighting up). The Midas Tac has no illumination.

Both the Midas Tac and EPL-4 have very clear glass - I can see surface texture on paper targets with both at 45 yards.

At the current sale price of $330 delivered (with 25% coupon code), the Arken EPL-4 is a great value in a 6x24 scope (IMO).

Hope this helps those looking at the EPL-4 6x24.

-Ed

I am looking at these arkin scopes as well. Specs says side parallax is min 25 yds. Does anyone see a problem shooting under 25yds with theres?
If you go down in magnification 8 to 12 at anything under 25 yards they work fine. A little blurry but works for me. They sell a light weight version in 30 mms that goes down to 10 yards. They are 6 x24 and 4x16. Notes with 4x16 and veteran with 6 x 24 both have 50 mm lens up front. I use Arken scopes on almost all of my airguns and rimfires.

received_825352849197582_kindlephoto-7188207.jpg

IMG_20230717_164630.jpg

Reactions: Rey
The only impact of using a scope with the parallax set at 25 yards when your target is closer is your target will not be in focus. It may still be easily recognizable but will be at least a little blurry. The weight of the older 34mm tube Arken scopes is at least as much of an issue for me. If you only shoot from the bench at longer distances the bigger tube Arkens may be fine for you. Many centerfire rifle scopes have fixed parallax which means that they are a little out of focus almost all the time.

It is Arken time for me,,, time to try one, but I fear that I will find the reticle to skinny, we will see
I prefer sfp but Arken doesn't have,,, so I am gambling, getting the EPL4 in 4-16x44
I normally pest at 12 magnification so the reticle will be close it's upper limit, so hoping I will be happy,,, old eyes ya know
I got the last one in mil but they still have moa in my size
$299 to my door sale ends Sept 30

and a side wheel, $26.53 total

and she will need cover, I like bikinis instead of flip ups

Last edited:
It is Arken time for me,,, time to try one, but I fear that I will find the reticle to skinny, we will see
I prefer sfp but Arken doesn't have,,, so I am gambling, getting the EPL4 in 4-16x44
I normally pest at 12 magnification so the reticle will be close it's upper limit, so hoping I will be happy,,, old eyes ya know

If you go below 6X, you probably won't like it. But as you say you rarely go below 12X, I think you'll be happy. BTW, on the Arken website you can get the same price as Cameraland.

Reactions: Dairyboy

You should really like it. Great scopes. Also they will come with bikini covers in the factory box.

Reactions: bbbrownbommer
I did not see any extras like lens covers in the ad,,, if it does come with bikini, I have another scope that it will fit. my STac needs cover
It will be musical chairs time, when it arrives, put new Arken on the Kozak and move the STac to the HW44 pistol that has a new carbine Rinks stock on the way, got tracking
comparing the Sightron STac 3-16x42 sfp with the Arken EPL4, 4-16x44 ffp,,, will be fun,
zippity do dah zippity aye,,, my oh my what a wonderful day

I just got my Arken epl4 6x24x50 FFP MIL mounted on my 22 challenger pro and so far it's an amazing scope. Trying to get the eye relief set but the tracking and parallax seem to very good. The glass clarity is great and for me the sweet magnification setting is between 15 and 20 at 35 yards .
I have spent a lot more (1500.00 plus) on scopes for hunting rifles and I don't think they are any better overal
I am still trying to get used to the buttock setup , maybe I need a cheek riser to get set properly. But that has nothing to do with the scope quality.
I'm 70 and my eyes aren't as good as they were but at 50 yards I can see the pellet holes in the target with the eye focus and parallax dialed in.

Last edited:
The Arkin EPL-4 scopes parallax down to 10 yards.

(The older, heavier Arkins that were designed more for center fire rifles have the 25 yard minimum parallax).
They advertize that the scope focuses down to 10 yards, but in actuality, it's 13. They have to fix this. I wish they had SFP scopes too. I really like my SH-4s.

I will see what the min yds focus is today on a new EPL4 , 4-16x44 today,,, out for delivery
if I can read the ring values at 10 yds on this target the AR-5/10 target,,, I will be pleased

I agree, wish they made this scope in SFP and maybe just a hair wider reticle,,, for the many blind old men that need :geek:

I LOVE ARKEN. First I left spring chicken way way way behind, i'm an old guy wearing progressive lenses. I RARELY as in close to never go below max and that dot is .3 MOA, can you say SMALL but, I happen to like it, zero guessing where that slug/pellet is going to, turn on the illumination low and it helps a little but I rarely use it except when it's twilight.

Reactions: mercado