So I ordered a 4-16x44 EPL4 MIL as WA is passing some crazy ban shortly so made some extra purchases this week and needed another scope. I'll be able to compare it between my 4-20x50 Helos BTR Gen2 and the 4-16x50 SH4 Gen2 also. Really looking forward to how it is. If it's anything at all like there original 4-14x44 SH4 but with the better glass I'll be thrilled.

Reactions: Mr.H
That’s my intended purpose for this optic as well… a quality “lightweight walk-n-stalk“ setup with a nice useable reticle and nice turrets. I’m still experimenting with finding the ideal mounting solution, but I am getting close and should have things dialed in by this weekend. PESTS BEWARE! 😎
The Arken Halo rings really match up with scope and provide perfect clearance for the Evol and Crown mags.

Paradigm.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered my 4-16x44 Mil on Friday and had it in my hands yesterday already. Said 1-2 weeks wait. Got lucky I guess! Didn't get alot of time behind it but gotta say it's very nice for the $400 for sure! I do wish they had a choice for the Christmas tree reticle
So what's the verdict (besides the reticle)? Have you had a chance to mount it and shoot it yet?

I've had my EPL4 6-24 now for a few months. I have it on a BRK .25 Sniper Magnum. I have a Maven and Riton to compare it to. The glass is not as good as either scope - which I expected for the money. The turrets are right there and easy to use with no slip. I like the Xmas tree reticles on the other 2 better for long range, but I have gotten use to the Arken and really don't mind it now and it's not as "busy" at full power. I just got an evol 22 and put a Hawke Airmax 30 WA SF on it (sfp). I've gotten use to the FFPs and seem to have migrated over to them. Although I like the Hawke Airmax, I just might put another ELP4 on this one for hunting! Just my $0.02.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
So what's the verdict (besides the reticle)? Have you had a chance to mount it and shoot it yet?
Lol I've been busy. Wife and kids have been gone for 3 days and haven't shot my guns once lol too many projects. I'll quick do a comparison with my 3 scopes. Well a pic if I can through all 3 at the same target

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Well I can say that clarity wise I can't see any differences between my 4-16x50 SH4 Gen2, 4-20x50 Helos BTR Gen2 or the 4-16x44 EPL4. All are very clear and crisp and my spot at 118yds I can see everything the same on a wind machine. However what has surprised me getting behind them, and I looked at 16x as there max and 6x-10x which I tend to use most and shocks me to say the Arkens have a brighter look to them. My Athlon at the same levels has a darker shade so to speak compared to the Arkens. All are MIL and reticle wise the SH4 Gen2s VPR reticle is just too hard to beat its my favorite. 2nd goes to the APRS6 reticle simply because of the Christmas tree then the VHR reticle. How things feel gotta give it to Athlon. Turrets are a toss up between the 3 but the parallax wheel and magnification feel just are the right amount of stiffness and smoothness where the Arkens are on the stiff side. Which could work out also down the line. I'll say this if the EPL4 had the VPR reticle and less stiff functions I'd sell my others and have 3 of them. Now begs the question if I put it on my Evol instead of the Airacuda. Making me think for sure! Tried to get pics but I couldn't get it lined up on any of them. Damn Samsung and 3 cameras just kept switching them up lol

Well I can say that clarity wise I can't see any differences between my 4-16x50 SH4 Gen2, 4-20x50 Helos BTR Gen2 or the 4-16x44 EPL4. All are very clear and crisp and my spot at 118yds I can see everything the same on a wind machine. However what has surprised me getting behind them, and I looked at 16x as there max and 6x-10x which I tend to use most and shocks me to say the Arkens have a brighter look to them. My Athlon at the same levels has a darker shade so to speak compared to the Arkens. All are MIL and reticle wise the SH4 Gen2s VPR reticle is just too hard to beat its my favorite. 2nd goes to the APRS6 reticle simply because of the Christmas tree then the VHR reticle. How things feel gotta give it to Athlon. Turrets are a toss up between the 3 but the parallax wheel and magnification feel just are the right amount of stiffness and smoothness where the Arkens are on the stiff side. Which could work out also down the line. I'll say this if the EPL4 had the VPR reticle and less stiff functions I'd sell my others and have 3 of them. Now begs the question if I put it on my Evol instead of the Airacuda. Making me think for sure! Tried to get pics but I couldn't get it lined up on any of them. Damn Samsung and 3 cameras just kept switching them up lol

Dillon,

that's a very helpful REVIEW, thanks
for taking the time to share that with us! Glass is hard to evaluate, unless you have other relevant and know scopes to compare it to side by side. 👍

Matthias 😊

Reactions: GA_LeadHead
I posted a thread in the optics section about test and eval of a few different scopes.
I waited 2 weeks for my scope... not bad as they were on back order. The company is super responsive and sensitive to stocking issues right now.

Yesterday I mounted and zeroed the Arken 4-16x44 ffp moa .
i did like the turrets but they were different than many other brands, not a bad thing; slight learning curve.
But my first observation is it doesn't really focus clearly closer than 12 yards. So it isn't ideal for FT applications, it's prob. gonna be a killer scope at this price point for 12 yards out to 75 yards - your general small game/pesting play range.
IMG_5251.JPG

Last edited:
I apologize if I came off sounding a bit rude with my previous comments… I really like the stats on the new EPL4 and I still intend to purchase one. I’m just irritated with having to pay in advance for a product that hasn’t even been made yet.

I have a new rifle I’ve still never fired just sitting on the bench waiting for a scope and I can’t imagine having to wait until the 4th of July to play with it, so I suppose I should choose a alternate option for now 🫤
I waited months to get my SH4 a couple of years ago. I got impatient also but in the end it was worth the wait. Good luck!

But my first observation is it doesn't really focus clearly at 10 yards. I will know more today when i do some ranging work.

OK, so your 4-16x44

is the ELP model

and does NOT focus down to 10 yards at 16x?

Please, confirm that for me — that IS important to some of us.....

Thank you. 👍🏼

Matthias

OK, so your 4-16x44

is the ELP model

and does NOT focus down to 10 yards at 16x?

Please, confirm that for me — that IS important to some of us.....

Thank you. 👍🏼

Matthias
She focused clearly to 12 yards - any closer and edges lost clarity so for FT ranging problematic esp tiny KZ. Out to 55 yards she was adequate but I haven’t tried a full range wheel setup to see what happens. I am going to email Arken tomorrow and discuss.
IMG_5251.jpeg

I posted a thread in the optics section about test and eval of a few different scopes.
I waited 2 weeks for my scope... not bad as they were on back order. The company is super responsive and sensitive to stocking issues right now.

Yesterday I mounted and zeroed the Arken 4-16x44 ffp moa .
i did like the turrets but they were different than many other brands, not a bad thing; slight learning curve.
But my first observation is it doesn't really focus clearly closer than 12 yards. So it isn't ideal for FT applications, it's prob. gonna be a killer scope at this price point for 12 yards out to 75 yards - your general small game/pesting play range.
View attachment 354351
How do you like your Aztec? Does it have the big elevation and windage knobs?