I ordered mine sometime in December and got it a few weeks ago. Buddy ordered one right after they were announced and got his in February-ish. Seems to be about a 3-4month wait right now. A lot of demand for Arkens the last 3 years, sometimes good things come to those who wait. ;)

As far as glass quality that can always be subjective, especially depending on how you have experienced other scopes. I can say mine is certainly better than my SH4s and about the same as my Helix. Not as good as my Titan or Bushy Elite. Most people couldnt tell the difference between any of these examples, but picky guys (like myself) can notice small pros/cons. The turrets are still better than most scopes on the market, but I prefer the stiffer detents of my SH4s.

I ordered the 4-16 back when they were announced. I've had mine for about a month now. I still haven't mounted it, but I have spent a lot of time looking thru it. For my eye, its impressive in IQ and edge to edge clarity. (It actually beats my Nightforce 2-10 for edge to edge clarity).
I had emailed them a couple weeks before I got my scope and asked "how much longer?"
It might be worthwhile for you to do the same........

I ordered mine last December and it arrive about six weeks later in January. The glass is made in Japan, so yeah it is high quality. It is a relative light scope, which is a key factor for me. I really like the reticle too. For long-range hunting (500 yards or less) it is right there. I currently switched it from my Crown.25 to my Ruger .257 Roberts as a dedicated Western Oklahoma coyote and antelope gun. Does everything I need it to do. It is alot of scope for an air gun, but not price wise. I think it is an excellent value. I have a whole safe full of really good glass on every rifle, and this EPL4 is right up there with the best of them.

I was about to order one, looks like a decent optic for the price… but the current “6-8 week lead time” is crap! What are they trying to do here, take my American money in advance and send it to China to have my scope made two months later?
FAIL‼️

I need a scope for my newest rifle and I don’t have the patience to wait two months WTF!?!

Im still looking at other options, but the new Athlon Heras SPR looks like it will meet my needs and it’s available for immediate shipping…

Maybe I will buy a EPL4 for the next gun (assuming they are actually available to purchase haha)

CANT SELL EM IF YOU DON’T GOT EM

Last edited:
Reactions: rc4fun and tibor
What are they supposed to do, not take any pre-orders on a product they have an humongous demand for? If you dont want to support a US veteran business because their products are manufactured in china and you just cant wait, that is your choice I guess. They are purposefully making their profit margins as thin as possible to provide us with some of the best scopes on the market for super low prices. Sometimes that means waiting a little while. I dont see that as a "FAIL", not by a long shot. By the way the Athlon is made in china also. In my opinion you are doing yourself a disservice not trying an Arken.

Side note have you considered an Element Helix? I think the Helix and EPL4 are very close and really like them both.

They probably don't have the capital to order much more than there is demand for. That's the advantage larger optics Co's have, they can afford to sit on inventory. It's not ideal to have smaller bulk orders shipped from across the ocean but also a good business model to stay away from loan interest and Arken gets their money back ASAP because most are sold out within a few weeks at full profit.
Basically this is all a balancing act.

The price is tempting for sure. Might have to try one of these at some point because I like to do comparisons with my other scopes.

I apologize if I came off sounding a bit rude with my previous comments… I really like the stats on the new EPL4 and I still intend to purchase one. I’m just irritated with having to pay in advance for a product that hasn’t even been made yet.

I have a new rifle I’ve still never fired just sitting on the bench waiting for a scope and I can’t imagine having to wait until the 4th of July to play with it, so I suppose I should choose a alternate option for now 🫤

I was about to order one, looks like a decent optic for the price… but the current “6-8 week lead time” is crap! What are they trying to do here, take my American money in advance and send it to China to have my scope made two months later?
FAIL‼️

I need a scope for my newest rifle and I don’t have the patience to wait two months WTF!?!

Im still looking at other options, but the new Athlon Heras SPR looks like it will meet my needs and it’s available for immediate shipping…

Maybe I will buy a EPL4 for the next gun (assuming they are actually available to purchase haha)

CANT SELL EM IF YOU DON’T GOT EM
This is a start-up business run by American military veterans, so feel free to take your business elsewhere.

I ordered my Arken EPL-4 6-24x50 in Mil from "Fall River Shooters" on March 23rd and received it on March 27th! I guess I just lucked out because they had them in stock! I have it mounted with "Eagle Vision Infinity Adjustable IPS Rings". I love the fine reticle just what I was looking for. The previous optic was a "WestHunter 6-24x50" but the reticle was to thick
20230405_164509.jpg
for longer range precision shooting. A big upgrade for sure. I will get the ring mounts centered better but was in a hurry test out this bad boy. Lol

I apologize if I came off sounding a bit rude with my previous comments… I really like the stats on the new EPL4 and I still intend to purchase one. I’m just irritated with having to pay in advance for a product that hasn’t even been made yet.

I have a new rifle I’ve still never fired just sitting on the bench waiting for a scope and I can’t imagine having to wait until the 4th of July to play with it, so I suppose I should choose a alternate option for now 🫤
I just received a 260AI barrel I ordered about 8 months ago. Kind of the way things are these days unfortunately. It can be frustrating, especially if you were around for the old days when we could buy anything and it was delivered in a few days. When I was a kid we had to wait for things, then came the golden age of the internet; and now......I guess life can be cyclical. And we all know the pain of a new toy you cant use because of missing pieces lol. If you dont mind spending a little more, like I said above the Helix is an awesome scope with great glass and turrets. This forum is a great place to share the growing pains that is pcp life :ROFLMAO:

I ordered mine sometime in December and got it a few weeks ago. Buddy ordered one right after they were announced and got his in February-ish. Seems to be about a 3-4month wait right now. A lot of demand for Arkens the last 3 years, sometimes good things come to those who wait. ;)

As far as glass quality that can always be subjective, especially depending on how you have experienced other scopes. I can say mine is certainly better than my SH4s and about the same as my Helix. Not as good as my Titan or Bushy Elite. Most people couldnt tell the difference between any of these examples, but picky guys (like myself) can notice small pros/cons. The turrets are still better than most scopes on the market, but I prefer the stiffer detents of my SH4s.
Sorry to bust the party but if your lightweight hunter is not as good as your Titan I am gonna stick with my Athlon scopes. Plenty of reviews there comparing the Helos with the Titan and Helos comes on top. And that's before even we get to the ares btr line that has an even better glass. There are discounts available for Athlon from time to time, or even good used ones. Certainly better than waiting for months for an inferior glass. Not trolling, haven't looked through an Arken scope, but I do own a bunch of Athlon and have no reason to not believe owners that had both and say Athlon all the way.

Reactions: GA_LeadHead
Sorry to bust the party but if your lightweight hunter is not as good as your Titan I am gonna stick with my Athlon scopes. Plenty of reviews there comparing the Helos with the Titan and Helos comes on top. And that's before even we get to the ares btr line that has an even better glass. There are discounts available for Athlon from time to time, or even good used ones. Certainly better than waiting for months for an inferior glass. Not trolling, haven't looked through an Arken scope, but I do own a bunch of Athlon and have no reason to not believe owners that had both and say Athlon all the way.
I have limited Athlon experience so keep that in mind. But most of my experience is outside in various conditions at very long ranges, where the difference between scopes is more apparent. And the advice I give is after using these specific scopes in the field with my own hands and eyeballs. Since I do a lot of turret twisting, a requirement when shooting unknown distances, my expectations for a scope are much different than someone who only shoots at the range at 10/25/50 yards etc. The Titan is one monster of a scope, and Im sorry but I dont think the Athlon range is as good overall. Maybe the top tier options are the same or better, but to me turrets are the primary standard. Glass is maybe third or fourth on my list of priorities. I can range and turret to a target with lower glass quality just fine, but if your scope wont move where you want it, its worthless. The whole Element line has great turrets, and varying levels of great glass. But the Arken turrets are simply some of the best in the whole industry, and the glass is pretty decent on top of that. Like I mentioned above, scopes can be very subjective person to person. So I know my view isnt the same as some, and thats ok. And I am a self titled scope snob, but the reality is a UTG (plug in random budget scope) or whatever cannot perform to the level I need.

Reactions: HogKiller
I have limited Athlon experience so keep that in mind. But most of my experience is outside in various conditions at very long ranges, where the difference between scopes is more apparent. And the advice I give is after using these specific scopes in the field with my own hands and eyeballs. Since I do a lot of turret twisting, a requirement when shooting unknown distances, my expectations for a scope are much different than someone who only shoots at the range at 10/25/50 yards etc. The Titan is one monster of a scope, and Im sorry but I dont think the Athlon range is as good overall. Maybe the top tier options are the same or better, but to me turrets are the primary standard. Glass is maybe third or fourth on my list of priorities. I can range and turret to a target with lower glass quality just fine, but if your scope wont move where you want it, its worthless. The whole Element line has great turrets, and varying levels of great glass. But the Arken turrets are simply some of the best in the whole industry, and the glass is pretty decent on top of that. Like I mentioned above, scopes can be very subjective person to person. So I know my view isnt the same as some, and thats ok. And I am a self titled scope snob, but the reality is a UTG (plug in random budget scope) or whatever cannot perform to the level I need.
You said your self that your experience with Athlon is limited. As is mine with Arken.
This guy is glassing a golf ball at 229 yards with 3 different scopes including an Athlon Helos and an Element Titan. Guess who is at the bottom of the 3 scopes...you guessed it, the Titan. The Athlon gen 2 all have stainless steel turrets and is the first time I hear anyone saying that they don't track.
I can also link a bunch of reviews from people that are saying that the Titan from Element ain't all that much. Yeah it maybe tracks fine but so as many other scopes with much better glass.
Bottom line if you want to support an Amercan company that is fine, but American Vereran owned is also Riton and they have some good offerings too. I think a lot of people have jumbed into the Arken bandwagon because of Cyclops and regreted it later. Bottom line, for a little bit more money there are better offerings out there without the hussle of waiting 2,3 or 4 months.

Reactions: GA_LeadHead