Arken EP5 is it worth it?

I think your stay here in the forum will be a short one. Your Combative posting style will get old.
It’s ok, he’ll just be like others that have come and gone. Time to just ignore him and move on. Caustic personalities don’t deserve attention.

To the OP. I’m sorry this turned into a pissing match. I hope you got at least SOME of the info you were looking for about Arken optics. Good look in your search!

Reactions: ChRiSiS and Harv24
I bought two Arken SH4 6-24X50 scopes and was pleasantly surprised to see how good they are and how accurate Joe R's videos describe them. I have one mounted on a rimfire and the other on m 30 cal Impact that I use for 100 yd shooting. One day, I saw an Athlon Helos BTR GenII 6-24X56 scope on sale for $464. I couldn't resist the price since it usually sells for around $650 or more, and it's specs most closely compare with the Arken. Both have 34 mm tubes and similar reticles. The Athlon focuses down to 10 yards as opposed to 25, is 2 oz lighter and the reticle is fully illuminated rather than just the center cross. I would give the Athlon the advantage on that basis, but honestly, the Arken is a fantastic scope regardless and for the price, you can overlook the differences. All 34 mm scopes are heavy, so you can't really criticize it for that. The huge benefit is that if you use the CYCLOPS code, you get the $195 combo pack free which includes rings or 20 MOA one piece mount, scope caps, level and other stuff. Nit pick all you want.

Very limited information, here, on Arken scopes..

Why should I buy an Arken, over anything else?

Warranty? Every heard of Zen-Ray?

Nothing, here or elsewhere convinces me to buy an Arken,...

Nothing......

Douger?. Who is Douger? I suspect he/she/it would say same about me.

At the end of the day, Arken does not currently provide a scope meeting the needs of the air gunning community. If you are happy with it, so be it.
Someone needs a Snicker Candy Bar, you're just not yourself when you're hungry.

Smitty

Have a fellow shooter who just bought one. Tried shooting it at 25 yards and will not focus at that range. Focus is ok farther out. Lifetime warranty...but no way to contact them..Hes been trying..Go to their website and look.
Except by email. I would stay away from a product that you can't actually talk to someone to get resolved....we all know how email correspondence works..
UPDATE My friend sent several emails to Arken about his defective scope and he did receive a email from them Friday. They said they never received his other emails. Sent him a overnight return label. He mailed it to them Friday.Arken received his scope today and notified him that were sending him a replacement overnight.

Last edited:
My EP5 just arrived yesterday. Thanks Douger.

I have only done any unboxing, so nothing really to report. It is a little shorter than I expected in a 5-25 34mm tube, so nice. Turrets are beefy! Basically got the extra goodies for super cheap on the combo. I like their levels, as I have one on another non-Arken. Scope caps are nice and remind me of Vortex defenders, which I like (caps fold flat!). Rings are pretty heavy, which is fine by me. I usually pay up for rings, so I’m hoping I like these.

I’ll get it mounted and try to report back my findings. I have used a lot of scopes, but while I won’t have many to test side by side, I’ll do my best to offer my thoughts.

At first glance, I don’t know how you beat this deal. We will see.

Reactions: douger
Just got in my ep5 and it's awesome as I expected! The glass is crispy clear and the turrets are rock solid very audible and precise. It is a bit heavy but I'm a big guy so no worries, some might have to eat their Wheaties before handling 😉 lol.. At minimum 5 power I can clearly see hundreds of yards away very clear optic. I did grab the extra accessories to complete the scope which is working out great. Thanks (Cyclops) use that name at checkout for free combo pack! Enjoy

Reactions: mercado
Scope is nice. The "eye box" or the area you can achieve visual down the scope at higher magnification isn't as good as higher prices scopes.

That means you'll find your eye searching to see what's down range.. At higher mags. It's noticeable...

The eye needs to be in this sweet spot to view into the scope at the higher mags.

I'm not saying it's a bad scope. I'm saying it isn't close to premium. You'll see what I'm talking about if you use it enough. May not matter to some people

Last edited:
Okay. The scopes are HEAVY and do not correct for parallax below 20 yards/meters. I would not buy one for airgunning, given that information, anyone else want to jump in?
Parallax is what takes it off my list, and the weight is a bit much. Will consider for a powder burner down the road.

I do worry about Arken's long term viability. A lot of challenges still brewing in the supply chain they are relying on, not sure they will have the funds to weather a storm or two in the next 3-5 years.

Parallax is what takes it off my list, and the weight is a bit much. Will consider for a powder burner down the road.

I do worry about Arken's long term viability. A lot of challenges still brewing in the supply chain they are relying on, not sure they will have the funds to weather a storm or two in the next 3-5 years.
Parallax is fine if you’re not on highway mag. I just tested my 4-16 sh4, and at lowest mag, it parallaxes down to 3yds. I don’t see anyone shooting that close on full mag. Keep in mind these companies parallax numbers are for their highest mag.

Reactions: Scouty
Reviews are okay but usually someone takes a product straight from the factory out of the box, and reviews it. Long term experience is a much better way to evaluate any product. Here is one on Arken:

Nice I love seeing these videos that are after use and abuse! Thank you for posting it for me to see!
kperry7, can you PM me, I guess I don't have enough post to PM you ?