Arken EP5 is it worth it?

great scopes you wont find a better scope for the price range 100 percent tracking nice clear glass sh4-gen 2 still good scopes and now they are side focus to 20 yards so very nice of your shooting shorter distances View attachment 282528
Thank you for the info I appreciate it! Is there a night and day difference between the sh4 and ep5 clarity wise? Also have you used a clip on night vision on any of them? Hoping to still be able to use the one leaf commander nv100 when I get an Arken. I will definitely be contacting you when I’m ready.

Sounds good, BUT I would NEVER buy a scope through a forum vendor.
It was drop shipped directly from Arken. You shouldn’t doubt that I do my research before buying. Douger is a stand up guy, and has never done wrong by me. I don’t see what your gripe is!
The Arken “no questions asked” warranty is transferable anyway, so even if I bought it used, I’d be covered!

Very limited information, here, on Arken scopes..

Why should I buy an Arken, over anything else?

Warranty? Every heard of Zen-Ray?

Nothing, here or elsewhere convinces me to buy an Arken,...

Nothing......

Douger?. Who is Douger? I suspect he/she/it would say same about me.

At the end of the day, Arken does not currently provide a scope meeting the needs of the air gunning community. If you are happy with it, so be it.

Last edited:
Very limited information, here, on Arken scopes..

Why should I buy an Arken, over anything else?

Nothing, here or elsewhere convinces me to buy an Arken,...

Nothing......
If you don’t own an Arken scope, or know anything about them, why are you hijacking this guys thread? He’s looking for experienced answers from those on the forum that have these scopes. If you have a gripe with Arken, start your own post!!
For someone who just joined the forum, you’re certainly making friends fast 🙄

Thank you for the info I appreciate it! Is there a night and day difference between the sh4 and ep5 clarity wise? Also have you used a clip on night vision on any of them? Hoping to still be able to use the one leaf commander nv100 when I get an Arken. I will definitely be contacting you when I’m ready.
My SH2 6-24 has a oneleaf attached. I actually just bought a SH2 4-16 from Douger. It should be arriving shortly. I have an Athlon Argos 6-24. But I prefer the Arken 6-24 more.

Reactions: KPerry7
If you don’t own an Arken scope, or know anything about them, why are you hijacking this guys thread? He’s looking for experienced answers from those on the forum that have these scopes. If you have a gripe with Arken, start your own post!!
For someone who just joined the forum, you’re certainly making friends fast 🙄

Original post- "Been looking at many Athlon scopes and Element scopes and the arken seems like the best bang for the buck. Any thoughts?"

Last edited:
I was interested in Arken when they first came out.
It would be a good choice for a precision .22 LR bolt gun. shooting 25/50 & 100 yds and beyond.

If you're a bench rest air gunner, it would be a good choice as they shoot to the same distances.

For a air rifle I shooting the basement and carrying outside and for hunting, it would not be my choice due to the weight and the 20-25 yd minimum parallax.

Just my .02

Odd. I use mine for short distance hunting. I don’t need max mag for sub 15yd shots. It parallax’s fine down to 100yds if you’re not on full mag. I’m usually under 6x if I’m that close. Scope does just fine.

To premise, I own 2 athlons (Midas tac 4-16, and helos 2-12), the Arken 4-16, and I recently unloaded a Midas tac 6-24. I was a die hard athlon guy, and then a buddy got his 4-16 Arken in front of me. I compared it to my Midas tac 4-16, and there was no comparison. The Arken is cheaper than the Midas tac, and is better light, and better glass. If you want comparison, there you go. I have zero experience with the ep5, but if that Japanese glass is anything like their sh4 Chinese glass, I’d say it’s a winner. By all means though, take your advice from uneducated loud mouths!

I think Arken may be the current, "low ball" seller in the"also-ran" market...

But!, they have not realized what the airgun market is. When Arken does wake up to the airgun market, they will compete in the same price range as Athlon, etc.

I am not a, "loud mouth."

I have over 40 years (yes 40) of experience in the firearms industry. PLUS, I am still competing internationally, yet today.

So many are quick to attack.....I have the actual bonafides to defend my position. Enough said.

I think Arken may be the current, "low ball" seller in the"also-ran" market...

But!, they have not realized what the airgun market is. When Arken does wake up to the airgun market, they will compete in the same price range as Athlon, etc.

I am not a, "loud mouth."

I have over 40 years (yes 40) of experience in the firearms industry. PLUS, I am still competing internationally, yet today.

So many are quick to attack.....I have the actual bonafides to defend my position. Enough said.
With all that experience, you Would think you’d be much more helpful to folks without bad mouthing some brand you’ve never used or even looked through. But hey, that’s just how I am. I like to help people, not puff my chest and bad mouth things I have no experience with!

Loudmouth still stands!

Reactions: Feinwerk
I am not against Arken. Rather, I would say to Arken, give me something I need. OTHERWISE, I will spend $999 on an Athlon...which I just did.,,
moose glad you got the athlon everyone wants a scope to make the gun they are useing perfect combo i can deal with a little weight on any gun i the field tracking is most important and good image o a great price also 4-16 i can shoot flies on a trget at 15 yards must be ok scope the ep5 is better glass at more price and bigger scope love the 4-16 for any com
SJIW4063.JPG
pact gun

madeintheuk-- Have you ever encountered a MOOSE? Most people have not. And, they do not know how to act- like you.

Good luck with your life!
I have. Don’t need to be in Canada to do that. They seem to be less hard headed than you though! I act according to the source lacking the correct knowledge to answer a post. I would advise to keep your opinions to yourself unless you know what you’re talking about. Good day sir!

Reactions: balver and KPerry7
I give you that..each n every one of us has a criteria of what is the best option for our use... but to the ARKEN . buyers between the 2 .. Athlon have the best warranty no questions asked period .. so if you are planning in having not to many pcps Athlon is the way.. I liked Hawke awesome glass but have no recent experience...n really don't know how is their warranty..if someone has had it..please post .. my comment is based on my experience with warranty with the 2 .. on the arken I had to provide proof of purchase in order for them to help me because they didn't have that info stored to many questions.. but Athlon the scope I had purchase used and it developed a problem in the lens I emailed them with my problem they just received n replaced the scope for a new one..I got the new one In less than 15 days..
Not every scope maker care about air guns.. the make their products if you don't like it..you don't buy it.. they ep5 certainly work for my use and other members use..warranty for me is a concern... but to look at my fellow airguners n tell them that my etr 4.5x30 at $1250 is way more scope .. that even the sh4 4x16...man is simply a lie .. I send it back after seeing both at various distance side by side..for my use a Athlon at that price is a waist of money..

Last edited:
I have never, and do not, watch video reviews. I find them stoopid! (Mis-spelling intentional) so many of the people making videos are trying to monetize your view of their idiocy, or your purchase of the product they shamelessly put forward; it is pathetic,....bud...
Try Cyclops torture test videos. He really puts the Arken through the wringer, and it performs beautifully.

Odd. I use mine for short distance hunting. I don’t need max mag for sub 15yd shots. It parallax’s fine down to 100yds if you’re not on full mag. I’m usually under 6x if I’m that close. Scope does just fine.

To premise, I own 2 athlons (Midas tac 4-16, and helos 2-12), the Arken 4-16, and I recently unloaded a Midas tac 6-24. I was a die hard athlon guy, and then a buddy got his 4-16 Arken in front of me. I compared it to my Midas tac 4-16, and there was no comparison. The Arken is cheaper than the Midas tac, and is better light, and better glass. If you want comparison, there you go. I have zero experience with the ep5, but if that Japanese glass is anything like their sh4 Chinese glass, I’d say it’s a winner. By all means though, take your advice from uneducated loud mouths!

To premise, I own 2 athlons (Midas tac 4-16, and helos 2-12), the Arken 4-16, and I recently unloaded a Midas tac 6-24. I was a die hard athlon guy, and then a buddy got his 4-16 Arken in front of me. I compared it to my Midas tac 4-16, and there was no comparison. The Arken is cheaper than the Midas tac, and is better light, and better glass. If you want comparison, there you go. I have zero experience with the ep5, but if that Japanese glass is anything like their sh4 Chinese glass, I’d say it’s a winner. By all means though, take your advice from uneducated loud moutht

This is the kind of feedback I need and there a plenty of people helping me out I appreciate all of you. This info makes me even more stoked to get an Arken. To everyone giving me legitimate feedback I appreciate you all! Love how many people are backing up the Arken. This is the stuff you can’t get on YouTube.