Arken EP5 is it worth it?

UPDATE My friend sent several emails to Arken about his defective scope and he did receive a email from them Friday. They said they never received his other emails. Sent him a overnight return label. He mailed it to them Friday.Arken received his scope today and notified him that were sending him a replacement overnight.
And THIS one is crisp and clear at 25 yards.👍

Reactions: 850renxrs
Douger is telling it like it really is [great scopes you wont find a better scope for the price range 100 percent tracking nice clear glass sh4-gen 2 they are side focus to 20 yards so very nice if your shooting shorter distances] Turrets really easy to read as the pictures show--ONLY complaint is it is Heavy, But easy to live with that for all the POSITIVES it features. Two words GREAT SCOPE.
Too heavy for me, but I copy on the details. S7

For $290.00, I just received the Arken SH4 4-16×50 with 34mm tube. It is a good deal for a tank of a scope. Side by side, the Arkin's glass is on par with my Japanese made Nightforce NX8 4-32×50 (30mm tube) at 650 yards. With the huge 34mm tube, it should do extremely well in low light conditions at the end of shooting hours. Minimum parallax is not an issue because with a simple down turn of the power it focuses right in. The new small tubed light weight line of Arken scopes should be just as nice and serve their purpose well, though there is a lot of competition at those levels. I also have a couple Athlon scopes and the Arken is on the same levels, all things considered. In the end, it all depends on the type of shooting platform you are building and what boxes you want checked off for it.

Ive been wondering the same, I was told by an employee at Utha Air guns that according to what he has heard from people, that the EP5 isn't good.
But everything I saw on youtube says otherwise. Love to know how it compares to Athlon Optics Helos and ARES ETR UHD 4.5-30×56. Love to get some honest feedback.

Very few YouTube videos will say anything bad because they usually get their scopes for free for the review or get paid if they are popular. That being said they are pretty good for the money. Really like the details like big letters on big turrets. Glass is pretty good for the money if you get them on sale. Reticle is pretty usable and well designed.

Although I’m not sure about 100% tracking, first of all it’s very hard to get under 1% error rate at bigger adjustment ranges but seems ok at closer distances. To be fair very few scopes have 1% or better tracking accuracy. While the clicking feels good but my friend who has that scope can’t always dial and be on target first shot at well beyond 100 yards, does pretty descent at 100 yards and closer.

Personally I would not buy one even at sale price, just not my style.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikewhisky
I for one rely on personal feedback from AGN members in making a decision on what to buy, especially scopes. I got burned on purchasing an air rifle based on a famous youtuber’s review, and I told myself I would never ever rely on a YouTube video to assist in my decisions. I’m still pissed at that guy, btw, lol

Now with that said, I approach the feedback members offer like I do an amazon product review. I need to see at least 75% positive feedback in order to make the decision to purchase an item. Anything less than 75 but not lower than 50% I’ll keep it on the short list and keep following comments, but anything less than 50% I don’t even look at.

So far all I’ve seen and heard from members on Arken scopes are 75% positive. Im not one to venture out of my comfort zone too far, though, and try and stick with what’s worked in the past, so athlon’s and the Delta Stryker’s are more for me. Im not opposed to Monstrum scopes either. Their glass might not be in the class of the Athlons and arken’s but they are built tough, have a lot of the features the upper tier scopes do, and work great with clip on NV devices.

Hopefully soon I’ll get to look thru my first arken when member 2D1C comes over, who recently acquired an arken and is totally blown away and satisfied with it

I for one rely on personal feedback from AGN members in making a decision on what to buy, especially scopes. I got burned on purchasing an air rifle based on a famous youtuber’s review, and I told myself I would never ever rely on a YouTube video to assist in my decisions. I’m still pissed at that guy, btw, lol

Now with that said, I approach the feedback members offer like I do an amazon product review. I need to see at least 75% positive feedback in order to make the decision to purchase an item. Anything less than 75 but not lower than 50% I’ll keep it on the short list and keep following comments, but anything less than 50% I don’t even look at.

So far all I’ve seen and heard from members on Arken scopes are 75% positive. Im not one to venture out of my comfort zone too far, though, and try and stick with what’s worked in the past, so athlon’s and the Delta Stryker’s are more for me. Im not opposed to Monstrum scopes either. Their glass might not be in the class of the Athlons and arken’s but they are built tough, have a lot of the features the upper tier scopes do, and work great with clip on NV devices.

Hopefully soon I’ll get to look thru my first arken when member 2D1C comes over, who recently acquired an arken and is totally blown away and satisfied with it
you will be buying one after he stops by i bet

I haven't been able to put mine to the test yet, One thing I did note is, it has a very very tight eye box and at larger magnifications, it's really challenging. I do love the glass though. Maybe a different reticle would be great! Love to hear what you discover when you get your hands on with your friend's scope.
And yes. Youtube has become poisonous when it comes to making decisions. It used to be something that one would trust, but Ive realized most of these reviewers are paid or have working business relationships and you kind of have to test things out yourself.

Just got in my ep5 and it's awesome as I expected! The glass is crispy clear and the turrets are rock solid very audible and precise. It is a bit heavy but I'm a big guy so no worries, some might have to eat their Wheaties before handling 😉 lol.. At minimum 5 power I can clearly see hundreds of yards away very clear optic. I did grab the extra accessories to complete the scope which is working out great. Thanks (Cyclops) use that name at checkout for free combo pack! Enjoy
Im selling mine, Its not just the weight its the bulk of it harder to fit on hunts in a backpack so I dont know all the times I hunted with it was not the best what was I thinking buying it for airgun all around use its specifically for long range precision if your sitting from your house not going anywhere or from your truck but forget about going places my water wieght in my backpack an 4500psitank was all so heavy I had 3 liter but still. Arken ep5 with the avenger bullpup 11 pounds gun, I mean for just setting up at home you could use it hunting wise the turrets always click around so poi will change just my personal experiance also arken flip ups fall off inside my case 1 time an opened up a bunch of times so I got butler creek size 17 ocular lens flip up cover.
But the epl4 in my opinion could do pretty much all the ep5 can it does have little more cromatic aboration I noticed but its capped turret an its a bit more stiff so it has not moved around on me. I also had problems with my oneleaf with the ep5 due to focus distance I couldnt focus clear on the rats at 20 yards as minimum is @25 yards so it aint the most airgun friendly scope thats for sure , Not for hunting forget it turrets move around, weight, bulk, Its very clear though a tiny bit more clear than the epl4 despite both having japanese eld glass fov on ep4 is better an eyebox as well feels a good deal more forgiving on the ep5 than the epl4 but its fine im down to trade it all to cut the weight an bulk refine it for hunting so to speak as whats the point of just shooting in my 20 yard, Yard all day Im trying to use my guns in the field.

Reactions: cavedweller