Arken EP5 is it worth it?

For the money, it's really hard to beat. Punches up into the $800-1000 range, for the most part.

Bright, clear glass, so if you don't mind the weight...it's a great choice.

Video still capture but still looks damn good
20220811_223350.jpg

I have 4 ep5 one on top of each uragan.. recently ordered a Athlon ETR 4.5x30 a $1250 just to look how much more scope I was getting...it was not even better than the regular arken sh4 4 x 16 ..returned and ordered another ep5 .. for $560 .. I really don't think I could do better.. I could see some difference pass 700y .. how many have 700y for every day pcp shooting..I don't see a reason to spend more than that in a scope for a gun that usually maxes at 300y.. but they are heavy..

I have 4 ep5 one on top of each uragan.. recently ordered a Athlon ETR 4.5x30 a $1250 just to look how much more scope I was getting...it was not even better than the regular arken sh4 4 x 16 ..returned and ordered another ep5 .. for $560 .. I really don't think I could do better.. I could see some difference pass 700y .. how many have 700y for every day pcp shooting..I don't see a reason to spend more than that in a scope for a gun that usually maxes at 300y.. but they are heavy..
Awesome thank you so much that makes me much more confident in it. My everyday shooting at my house I won’t really be pushing past 200 unless I go somewhere.

For the money, it's really hard to beat. Punches up into the $800-1000 range, for the most part.

Bright, clear glass, so if you don't mind the weight...it's a great choice.

Video still capture but still looks damn good
View attachment 282487
Looks great!! I don’t think I will mind the weight. Even when hunting I’m using shooting sticks so I think I will be alright. Hoping it still looks good with nv behind it.

I bought a SH4 6-24 X 50 and was so impressed I bought a second SH4 a week later. Minimum focus on the SH4 is only 25 yards which may be a drawback to some (though my 2nd one is 20 yards). Illuminated reticle, FFP, zero stop, crisp turrets, accurate tracking, good glass, 34mm tube...a lot of scope for the money.

IMG_0545_1.jpg

Douger is telling it like it really is [great scopes you wont find a better scope for the price range 100 percent tracking nice clear glass sh4-gen 2 they are side focus to 20 yards so very nice if your shooting shorter distances] Turrets really easy to read as the pictures show--ONLY complaint is it is Heavy, But easy to live with that for all the POSITIVES it features. Two words GREAT SCOPE.

There's more then 1 video bud...lol
I have never, and do not, watch video reviews. I find them stoopid! (Mis-spelling intentional) so many of the people making videos are trying to monetize your view of their idiocy, or your purchase of the product they shamelessly put forward; it is pathetic,....bud...

• Love
Reactions: qball and KPerry7
I don't think that a heavy scope or a scope that doesn't focus to 10y is a bad scope..is information for you to analyze your use before buying.. you have to be dumb to purchase a 2 pounds + scope for a light compact . Or brush gun .. those Arken scopes are for bench use. With all the information aviable..you know that for close work preferably the scope should be as close to 16 0z . Or less .. objective in the 40 or 44 mm .. 3x9 -- 3x12 -- 4x14.. each scope has its use, for the purpose it was built...I have heavy scopes on the uragans and small scopes for the compacts . N another 4x20 light scope for when I want to use the uragan for a hunt and need to walk with the gun ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Chichi and KPerry7
The Arken is a heavier scope, being a 50 mm with a 34mm tube contributes to it. But depending on the use, you may not find it significant. A Hawke Sidewinder weights over 27 ounces and an Arken Gen II weighs less that 5 ounces more at 32. An Element Titan 50mm weighs 39 ounces. Like Mercado said, it depends on how you intend to use it.

Reactions: KPerry7