Arken 4-16... the new standard?

not sure what to shoot at 10 yards unless you use a pistol

Really? I am VERY much more accurate/precise with a rifle than a pistol at ANY range.

Not to mention the 10 meter (~11 yard) competitions of which you are apparently unaware. (chuckle)

your right lets not get you panties in a knot  never rea;;y thought about a riffle at 11 yards use what you choose as we all do shoot straight bud

LOL! Sounds like you are the one who did that. (chuckle)

There are LOTS of situations where I would chose a pellet rifle over a pellet pistol at close range.

The ONLY time I would really consider a pistol over a rifle at close range is for self defense, and that would NOT be an airgun.

Anyway, think about what you really want to say before you put it in print. Just a thought. (smile)

I have to say I agree with Douger , I own and run some very good glass , and To be honest Parallax is never anything which I look at in a scope at any pricepoint ,

To me first Glass quality , second has to be the Reticle design , after this would b things like mag settings and of course reticle placement as I prefer FFP ,

I am a hunter and have shot ultra long distances with powder burners , I do use 90% of scopes designed for either tactical shooting or long range ,

This being said I can shoot what some say 11 yards by simply turning my magnification down ,

I have tried lower end scopes which do adjust down to say 10 YARDS , and to be quite honest I can get a much better picture turning down my fixed 100yd parallax scopes to 2 to 3x for a crystal clear picture , I just cant see how some guys use parallax to gauge distance ,

WHen I was taught to gage distance using a FFP scope weather mils or moa this seems to me like best way to figure out any distance ,

The only advantage I see anyone wanting a 10yd parallax is if you wanted to look at a bullseye 10 yards away at hi powers say 25x , but seriously who does this ,

I have shot 1000 to 1500 yards using a 10x scope , so dont be critical on some views , some guys you are telling not to voice opinion have decades shooting in all kinds of things like targets/hunting/ survival

P/S - Id Like to make 1 more point , MOST tier 1 scope have no number systems on the parallax adjustments why? like none say 50 or 100 or 1000 yards I am talking hi end glass ,

LOU

For those who are using the Arlen SH4 G2 4-16 for distances closer than 25yds, have you experienced any significant accuracy problems using the scope at those distances on lower power? I know that turning down the power is a bandage approach to ‘remedying’ the lack of lower parallax adjustment, but I’m wondering what the real world, practical impact would be.

OK, I like just about everything about Arken scopes. 👍🏼

But... — did I misread this, or skipped one — or... are ALL Arken scopes 25y minimum parallax? 😧

Because for me as an airgunner that's the clearest deal breaker in the book. 😞 All my guns do duty from 10y to 70y+.... — and I don't like blurry footage on my scope cam....

Matthias
Arken did change minimum parallax from 25 to 20 yards. If you insist on a scope with similar features but focuses down to 10 yards, get an Athlon Helos BTR Gen II, but it will cost you at least $200 more.

I have to say I agree with Douger , I own and run some very good glass , and To be honest Parallax is never anything which I look at in a scope at any pricepoint ,

To me first Glass quality , second has to be the Reticle design , after this would b things like mag settings and of course reticle placement as I prefer FFP ,

I am a hunter and have shot ultra long distances with powder burners , I do use 90% of scopes designed for either tactical shooting or long range ,

This being said I can shoot what some say 11 yards by simply turning my magnification down ,

I have tried lower end scopes which do adjust down to say 10 YARDS , and to be quite honest I can get a much better picture turning down my fixed 100yd parallax scopes to 2 to 3x for a crystal clear picture , I just cant see how some guys use parallax to gauge distance ,

WHen I was taught to gage distance using a FFP scope weather mils or moa this seems to me like best way to figure out any distance ,

The only advantage I see anyone wanting a 10yd parallax is if you wanted to look at a bullseye 10 yards away at hi powers say 25x , but seriously who does this ,

I have shot 1000 to 1500 yards using a 10x scope , so dont be critical on some views , some guys you are telling not to voice opinion have decades shooting in all kinds of things like targets/hunting/ survival

P/S - Id Like to make 1 more point , MOST tier 1 scope have no number systems on the parallax adjustments why? like none say 50 or 100 or 1000 yards I am talking hi end glass ,

LOU
If you shoot FT, you need a scope that focuses down to 10 yards and yes, you use the parallax wheel to rangefind. Therefore, you need an SFP scope.

Reactions: beerthief
No. In my opinion the standard by which air rifle hunting/pesting scopes should be measured is the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 FFP w/ illuminated reticle. It’s built like a tank and is very versatile. The 3X is super for that squirrel that runs down the tree 15’ away and the 18X is more than enough for good accuracy out to 100 meters and farther. It focuses to 10 yards on 18X, has a Zero-Stop and locking elevation dial, features a tree FFP reticle, and has excellent glass clarity. Also, the illumination makes it usable as a night pesting optic.

This scope does everything that I need it to do; and does it well.

I do.

No. In my opinion the standard by which air rifle hunting/pesting scopes should be measured is the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 FFP w/ illuminated reticle. It’s built like a tank and is very versatile. The 3X is super for that squirrel that runs down the tree 15’ away and the 18X is more than enough for good accuracy out to 100 meters and farther. It focuses to 10 yards on 18X, has a Zero-Stop and locking elevation dial, features a tree FFP reticle, and has excellent glass clarity. Also, the illumination makes it usable as a night pesting optic.

This scope does everything that I need it to do; and does it well.

I need more than 18x, even at close (10 meter) distances.

Anyone who disagrees with me is entitled to their opinion. But you know what they say about opinions... and if you don't, someone will tell both of you someday. (smile)

VSAG6773.JPG

Reactions: Senor Ramon
6-24 is 20 yards
If the 6-24 is down to 20 on the parallax, I would imagine that the 4-16 is too.

How would you rate the parallax from a consistency perspective? I don’t really care about what the dial reads relative to actual distance as that can be correct either mentally or with notes. I’m more concerned with shifts in focus when the parallax is held constant and the magnification is manipulated.

Thanks and sorry for the long response.

Reactions: douger
I also see you went for the one piece mount with the 20 MOA but in. Have you found that the 20 MOA on the rail + the 20 on the mount cause too much of a downward tilt to the scope relative to the bore? In other words, have you ran into any issues getting close to maximum adjustability of you zero at let’s say 30yds? What is your zero, out of curiosity?

Thank you again!

I also see you went for the one piece mount with the 20 MOA but in. Have you found that the 20 MOA on the rail + the 20 on the mount cause too much of a downward tilt to the scope relative to the bore? In other words, have you ran into any issues getting close to maximum adjustability of you zero at let’s say 30yds? What is your zero, out of curiosity?

Thank you again!
NOPE ARKEN GOT PLENTY OF ELEVATION IN THE SCOPE I ZERO AT 30 YARDS HAVE ZERO ISSUES

If the 6-24 is down to 20 on the parallax, I would imagine that the 4-16 is too.

How would you rate the parallax from a consistency perspective? I don’t really care about what the dial reads relative to actual distance as that can be correct either mentally or with notes. I’m more concerned with shifts in focus when the parallax is held constant and the magnification is manipulated.

Thanks and sorry for the long response.
PARALLAX IS GREAT IV HAD NOPROBLEMS LOTTA ARKEN GUYS ON HERE TO CHIME IN GREAT SCOPES FOR THE MONEY