• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Arizona - Any good squirrel shooting locations?

Squirrel Tacos 🌮 anyone.

Squirrel Tacos 🌮 anyone.
Thanks so much for this guide it’s A-Z of everything!!! Really appreciate it

Reactions: oledawg
1000003664.jpg

@Jnewood, Do you have a positive id on them?
I'm also in Arizona and whatever type of squirrel you're shooting there, I've not seen them. They almost look like the South African ground squirrels.

In my ara of Northern AZ Ive got the rock/ground squirrels that are more of a dirty gray/salt and pepper color, not tan and white like yours. Then I've got the Aberts tree squirrels about 40 minutes away where there are Ponderosas, as mentioned above. And finally, I've got prairie dogs, than can be tan, but aren't built like what you've got there. The p dogs have much shorter tails, and shorter legs and squattier overall builds.

I'm guessing you've got some sort of flatlander ground squirrel down the desert? Would love to know what species though.

I'm also in Arizona and whatever type of squirrel you're shooting there, I've not seen them. They almost look like the South African ground squirrels.

In my ara of Northern AZ Ive got the rock/ground squirrels that are more of a dirty gray/salt and pepper color, not tan and white like yours. Then I've got the Aberts tree squirrels about 40 minutes away where there are Ponderosas, as mentioned above. And finally, I've got prairie dogs, than can be tan, but aren't built like what you've got there. The p dogs have much shorter tails, and shorter legs and squattier overall builds.

I'm guessing you've got some sort of flatlander ground squirrel down the desert? Would love to know what species though.
If I'm not mistaken...they are the round tail ground squirrels.

Not enough FPE in your vid....😳

The ground squirrels we have up north look like this dude....
View attachment 467909

Yours seem a very different color and build. Just googled these round tailed characters and the images look like your critter. Very cool. Knock em down.
Triggercam getting delivered this week! I'll be able to share videos with footage from the scope.

Those are round-tail ground squirrels: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-tailed_ground_squirrel
We're over-run with them.

GsT