ARH spring length

Is this normal for an ARH Hornet spring to be this much shorter than a factory R9 spring??

Need to know before I put it in.
Thanks, Scott
20220811_222936.jpg

There was quite a lot of preload on the factory spring
I don't remember how much pre load I had on the factory springs because I replaced them along time ago and also both of my original factory springs were broken when I removed them.
Just a thought. Maybe it is possible you were sent the wrong springs. I would e-mail ARH and ask them about the spring dimensions.

I got impatient and went ahead and put it in. Can't count coils but I did check diameter and that is correct with what he has listed. I tried compressing both springs and the ARH spring was much stiffer so I figured the power is there just in a different shot cycle.
The overall diameter is smaller than the stock spring but the Hornet spring uses thicker wire.

I just put a ARH hornet kit in my HW57 last week, I had the same thing. The ARH hornet spring was shorter than the factory HW,.
I put it in and the power level stayed about the same but the buzz/twang disappeared. I bought it for my HW50s, but on it, I just shortened it's spring and shimmed the guide/spring fit with .005" brass shim stock, fixed it's buzz but the removal of 2 coils off the factory spring did slow it down a bit, but way easier to cock

I got impatient and went ahead and put it in. Can't count coils but I did check diameter and that is correct with what he has listed. I tried compressing both springs and the ARH spring was much stiffer so I figured the power is there just in a different shot cycle.
The overall diameter is smaller than the stock spring but the Hornet spring uses thicker wire.
Thicker wire and small OD both mean more power.

I believe I will. Hate to put it all together to find out it's low on power. Thanks
My arh spring is " softer". I even yried some extra seals i jad around just to confirm that . Ditect factory drop in... Ya, right.

You just dont know just 50 fps makes fron a longer flat shooting to not so..

Kinda wished id got a vortex overall but, ??

Other then that it shoots fine but not gaster and as flat across the range.