• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Argus 60W .22 60FPE is possible?

I'm not an expert tuner, but from what I've read on other similar "how do I do this tuning posts" it would seem you need to look at a heavier hammer and/or possibly a heavier hammer spring.

If that doesn't work then you may need to open up the porting.

I would reach out to Charlie at Georgia Airguns and see what he says - he seems to be the resident Kalibrgun tuner and expert.

grab one of these you will reach 60fpe with this

it is easy to install degass gun , remove air tube and thread onto gun end and put air tube in and refill gun ,. then readjust , I have done a few crickets , you can also use a bit longer hammer spring 

LOU

https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/products/ernest-rowe-plenum-for-kalibrgun-cricket

cricket .22 pelnum works on ARGUS 60W? 

because my friend have cricket .22 pelnum but i dont know it is ok with argus or need new pelnum ?

I don't think you'll get to 60 FPE, but 55 FPE is certainly doable. That's an RD Monster at close to 1000 FPS, not sure what more will do unless it can shoot heavier slugs, not sure of that. Power Plenum, Heavier Hammer Spring, Hammer Weight, lighter Valve Spring, increase reg pressure, port (increase size and radius/smooth) the valve port, breech port and barrel port. Remember, this isn't an FX with brass transfer port and replaceable breech port - so if you screw it up you'll need a new barrel or breech. Don't forget you only have about 300cc effective (maybe less) air tube so if you're lucky you'll get 20 shots per fill...

I am not sure what you pretend with 60 foot pounds in a .22

Tunning a .30 to shoot at 60 foot pounds in very easy.

Tunning a .25 to shoot at 60 foot pounds is doable.

The same 60 foot pounds in a .22, in a .25 and in a .30 are completely different hunting power.... Absolutely different.

To shoot targets with a .22 you do not need 60 foot pounds.

To hunt is not the same effect a .22 than a .25 or a.30

The same 60 foot pounds in a .22, in a .25 and in a .30 are completely different hunting power.... Absolutely different.

My .30 was getting 75 fpe out of the box. I turned the reg screw and got over 95 and backed it back down to 82fpe.. So yeah 60 is doable but that would be de-tuning this one out of the box. I'll add, I get more than 3 magazines (10 shot) at 82 fpe.. If I turn it back to 75 I get a full 4 mags. Too bad spare .30 mags aren't readily available at Krale.

My .30 was getting 75 fpe out of the box. I turned the reg screw and got over 95 and backed it back down to 82fpe.. So yeah 60 is doable but that would be de-tuning this one out of the box. I'll add, I get more than 3 magazines (10 shot) at 82 fpe.. If I turn it back to 75 I get a full 4 mags. Too bad spare .30 mags aren't readily available at Krale.

As a matter of fact, there´s always a trade off among power and shots per fill.

At some point, the increase in Hunting Energy Units (HEU´s) is marginal with more fps. So, depending on what you ar going to hunt, it is better to get about 70 foot pounds and obtain one or two extra shots per fill in .30 Cal. with 44.75 grain (you can have enough power to hunt everything below a deer with a .30 Cal with 70 foot pounds (827 HEU´s).

If you are going for deer, not even 95 foot pounds with a .30 Cal would be enough power.

To hunt with a .25 Cal, 55 foot pounds ( 531 HEU´s with 33.95 grain JSB´s) would be the top reasonable limit vs. shot count ( racoons, foxes, even javalina with dully set head shot)

To hunt with a .22 Cal, 45 foot pounds (310 HEU´s with 25.4 redesigned JSB´s), would be the reasonable limit vs. shot count. (jack rabbits and below)

So.... 60 foot pounds with JSB´s .22 Cal would only give 357 HEU´s .... Not much hunting power.... A lot of shot count sacrifice to get nothing!