Are you a tuner , just love sending lead only or bit of both?

I love the learning experience of fine turning and doing mods to get the most out of my Marauders, FX Impacts and my Slayer. I want each of them to shoot at their very best. I do a lot of shooting while doing this and also while fine-tuning my cast pellets and slugs for each. It's all fun for me. There's nothing like taking one of these guns out on a hunt knowing I have them dialed in and can count on them to make me smile for days later. I don't see any reason not to do all of this.

Reactions: PasadenaMike
Having worked in an engineering environment my whole career the need to improve or optimize everything is strong. 😁

Used to be that finding the best pellet satisfied that need but since realizing the the generic factory tune could really be improved on I've become a serious tuner.

I have some fine PCPs (Air Arms, Daystate, Weihrauch, Walther) that are not (easily, without disassembly) tunable, they shoot well enough as received but the groups are not as good as the airguns that I can fine adjust. I'm not selling them, they are great for off hand plinking and such but for serious work like hunting or target shooting I use rifles I've custom tuned to a specific pellet/slug.

These days I won't consider buying a PCP that doesn't have (reasonably) easy access to the regulator and hammer spring adjustments. Once tuned, I'll leave well enough alone unless I decide to use a different projectile.

I don't mind doing minor mods (like deburring, shimming and polishing) and I won't hesitate to rasp a stock to make it fit properly but I'm not into "hot-rodding" an airgun to increase its power. 30-33 fpe is plenty for my needs.

Cheers!

The sole reason for my obsession with tuning, all definitions of it, is for this. Be it twisting knobs, screws, fabrication/machining, then sending lead over a chronograph to a target. It’s all about having the best thing to hunt with that’s within my capabilities.

IMG_5879.jpeg